Man United Thread

Jook

Great game from my perspective. All the usual drama we've come to expect from Utd vs Arsenal. It was a close game, but I'm very happy Utd went on to win it.

Am I the only one who thought Wenger was a little out of order post-match? I thought being a manager of a team who've gone 49 unbeaten he might be a little more graceful than pissing and moaning about the referee and about decisions that could have always gone either way.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thought Wenger was a little out of order post-match? I thought being a manager of a team who've gone 49 unbeaten he might be a little more graceful than pissing and moaning about the referee and about decisions that could have always gone either way.

But he does that after every match. :mellow:

Great game from my perspective. All the usual drama we've come to expect from Utd vs Arsenal. It was a close game, but I'm very happy Utd went on to win it.

Disgraceful? That's laughable. Sure it was a poor challenge but consider it without bias for 1 second. Ruud clearly wasn't looking to hurt Ashley Cole. It looked to me more like a forward's tackle than anything. And now it's been blown out of all proportion by Wenger and co who just can't lose gracefully it seems.

I find it even funnier that they've managed to charge Ruud a day after the incident and it took them how long to charge the Arsenal players after last years fun and games?

Disgraceful? That's laughable. Sure it was a poor challenge but consider it without bias for 1 second. Ruud clearly wasn't looking to hurt Ashley Cole. It looked to me more like a forward's tackle than anything. And now it's been blown out of all proportion by Wenger and co who just can't lose gracefully it seems.

I find it even funnier that they've managed to charge Ruud a day after the incident and it took them how long to charge the Arsenal players after last years fun and games?

After seeing that FA have charged Ruud for that tackle, I saw it again and it was bloody disgraceful, his foot should never have been that high. Hopefully he will get a 3-4 match ban.

I'm sorry, but all I heard there was "whine, whine, piss, bitch, moan, whine some more..."

Guest Reyes Henry

Due to new FA guidelines, they now act straight away as they were completely shit, fining people 8 months laters in Joe Coles case.

Watch Ruud though, he was clearly not looking at the ball. He should get a ban for his champ league elbow too...

I am sorry, but when you see the speed Cole was running towards Nistelshit, he cleary stuck his boot up to hurt him, and he gets everything he deserves.

The cheating horsefaced cunt. Everyone knows it, just the Utd fans don't see it, the amount of times that man has cheated during a football match is staggering, you can say Pires all you want but he is nowhere near as bad as Horseface.

I am still waiting for action to be taken from the night we won the league at Old Trafford when he CLEARLY punched Freddie Ljungberg in the stomach RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. And also for when he elbowed Sylvain Legwinski in the face before scoring the "goal of the season" against Fulham. And we are also waiting for action to be taken for him elbowing that Sparta player, and now attacking Ashely Cole.

The way Man Utd go about a big football match is disgusting. They don't go out to play football, they go out to attack players and then think about scoring. Judging by the game you cannot argue with it, becasue the Nevilles started with Reyes and van Horseface started with Cole.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Who cares anyway? Did Keown accidently smash Ruud on the back of the head in the last game? United deserved to get there revenge and at the same time they took three points from Arsenal and came out on top big time. It seems Arsenal and there fans are a bit rattled now, cant wait to see how they come off from this one.

You can't have an Arsenal/Utd game without drama, can you? :D

As far as the penalty goes, Rob Winter said it all in an interview with Sky. When Pires got that penalty for that dive against Portsmouth, Wenger didn't come out and say "Fair enough, it wasn't a penalty" but when it goes against Arsenal, all of a sudden the referees are shit. Make up your mind.

Plus, fair play to Van Nistelrooy. He's pleaded guilty to the charges by the FA, but has said that he didn't intend to hurt Cole.

It was also out of order at the end of the match when Campbell didn't shake Rooney's hand. Didn't see him? My arse.

When it comes down to it, Arsenal had an amazing run and, as much as it pains me, made just about every team in the Premiership look like shit at one point. It I were an Arsenal fan, I too would be frustrated yet proud of my team for holding such a record that no one looks like breaking again.

You can't have an Arsenal/Utd game without drama, can you? :D

As far as the penalty goes, Rob Winter said it all in an interview with Sky.  When Pires got that penalty for that dive against Portsmouth,  Wenger didn't come out and say "Fair enough, it wasn't a penalty" but when it goes against Arsenal, all of a sudden the referees are shit.  Make up your mind. 

Plus, fair play to Van Nistelrooy.  He's pleaded guilty to the charges by the FA, but has said that he didn't intend to hurt Cole. 

It was also out of order at the end of the match when Campbell didn't shake Rooney's hand.  Didn't see him?  My arse. 

When it comes down to it, Arsenal had an amazing run and, as much as it pains me, made just about every team in the Premiership look like shit at one point.  It I were an Arsenal fan, I too would be frustrated yet proud of my team for holding such a record that no one looks like breaking again.

I agree with all of your points. I heard that Winter interview, he made very good points.

What... the... fuck?

I give up trying to defend this team... every time we've had a poor result I've thought, "well we'll turn it around at some point" but something needs sorting. What is the fucking point of beating Arsenal if we're gonna throw it away by losing to Portsmouth? And I know we're still only 9 behind but we're not playing well enough to put a run together. If winning last week didn't give the team a lift then nothing will.

It seems finishing is the problem right now and Rooney's done fuck all since his debut. So for a start give him a rest and get Smith and Saha in.

Right now, we're not playing well enough to get in the Champions League places, let alone win the bloody title.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Guest Reyes Henry

Realistically, not being blinded by team bias, Man Utd's title hope is over. To win they can't lose another game, and Arsenal and Chelsea are going to have to play pretty poorly.

I hope Chelsea go all the way - lesser of the two evils, and it shakes up the diacotomy a bit.

Realistically, not being blinded by team bias, Man Utd's title hope is over. To win they can't lose another game, and Arsenal and Chelsea are going to have to play pretty poorly.

I hope Chelsea go all the way - lesser of the two evils, and it shakes up the diacotomy a bit.

Are you calling Arsenal evil? You should check again, dude. It's only Man Utd. who are evil. Arsenal??? not a chance.