Man United Thread

Jook

Guest Ringmaster

Difference between Chelsea and Real Madrid buying the worlds best is Chelsea aren't buying the egotistical bastards that Real are. If they had two of Real's "Galactico's" they wouldn't be top if you ask me. But the point is, despite buying a whole team, they've bought the best.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, while I disaprove of the "money buying success" thing, I'm bloody envious!

I'm no trendwhore, and I'm glad that the title race is with three teams now, but of course....I would like Mr. Abramovic to fall out the window of a plane.

Guest Ringmaster

I'm not saying you're a trendwhore, chances are you've been supporting Arsenal since you were a kid, but ever since the 2001-2002 season, I've been seeing all these jackoffs wearing Arsenal jerseys. They've nearly surpassed the Man Udt. jerseys, and it's just fucking annoying.

And Roman's not such a bad guy, but yeah, the whole money=success thing does get on my nerves, despite the entertainment.

Who really cares? Sorry but whatever you guys think Chelsea will not be the best team in the world anytime soon. They can go pay out 200million if they really want on some players, they still wont become the best in the world. They're good no doubt, just I'm afraid they are barely the best team in England that'll own the world. If they're so good then they'll easily win the CL this season, something that I'm gurantee they wont do. If they do somehow get past Barca then I really hope they draw Milan or us for that matter, let's see how good they realy are against a world class defence, well world class team actually. I love how everyone says Madrid are shit nowadays too. I gurantee that if they went back to there best everyone would be creaming over them again. However much you like it, whether they are not as good as they once was, they're still one of the best teams around. I'm still saying Chelsea wont even win the premiership but no one seems to agree here so lets not even go into that. We'll see when the seasons over though.

I see the goals on the news when I just woke up now. Duff's was the luckiest goal I've seen in ages. United need a new keeper whatever the United fans say. Schmichael(sp?) would never have let that go in. He'd have been diving out his goal like a nutcase. How United went from having one of the best keepers ever to have two average keepers I'll never know.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Who really cares? Sorry but whatever you guys think Chelsea will not be the best team in the world anytime soon. They can go pay out 200million if they really want on some players, they still wont become the best in the world. They're good no doubt, just I'm afraid they are barely the best team in England that'll own the world. If they're so good then they'll easily win the CL this season, something that I'm gurantee they wont do. If they do somehow get past Barca then I really hope they draw Milan or us for that matter, let's see how good they realy are against a world class defence, well world class team actually. I love how everyone says Madrid are shit nowadays too. I gurantee that if they went back to there best everyone would be creaming over them again. However much you like it, whether they are not as good as they once was, they're still one of the best teams around. I'm still saying Chelsea wont even win the premiership but no one seems to agree here so lets not even go into that. We'll see when the seasons over though.

I see the goals on the news when I just woke up now. Duff's was the luckiest goal I've seen in ages. United need a new keeper whatever the United fans say. Schmichael(sp?) would never have let that go in. He'd have been diving out his goal like a nutcase. How United went from having one of the best keepers ever to have two average keepers I'll never know.

Guest PlagueUK

If you read the news, Kenyon is working towards actually making the club self sufficient again. They are planning for a a time when they can do what Man utd or Arsenal do, and that's make money through the football and endorsements etc to not need such an input of funds from Roman.

You have to understand Chelsea were pretty much a financial mess before he took over. The guys a business man he's not going to be wasting all this money for nothing is he. He's investing it as he knows the only way to make profit for himself in the end is to buy the best players, which in turn wins more matches and trophies which generates more prize money, which in turn raises the profile of the club and sponsor money is increased. It's simple business really, speculate to accumulate.

And this all comes from a Man U fan btw.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Lets be realistic though, it'll take years to even break-even with the amount of money being pumped into the club, they spent over £100,000,000 in a season on new players, they won't make that money back for years, they've still got overheads to pay.

As long as Abramovich is chairman, they'll never be profits, you could win everything and it still wouldn't cover the bills, the club itself is very financially unstable. Kenyon wants the club to be self-sufficient because if Roman walks, they're fucked up their asses.

Abramovich isn't looking at Chelsea as a business, at the moment its a hobby.

Lets be realistic though, it'll take years to even break-even with the amount of money being pumped into the club, they spent over £100,000,000 in a season on new players, they won't make that money back for years, they've still got overheads to pay.

As long as Abramovich is chairman, they'll never be profits, you could win everything and it still wouldn't cover the bills, the club itself is very financially unstable. Kenyon wants the club to be self-sufficient because if Roman walks, they're fucked up their asses.

Abramovich isn't looking at Chelsea as a business, at the moment its a hobby.

Solari heading for Real exit

Reports in Spain claim that Real Madrid's Santiago Solari is inching ever closer to agreeing a move to Manchester United.

The Argentine wide-man has only six months left on his contract at the Santiago Bernabeu and will thus be eligible to move on a free transfer in the summer.

Although he is highly-regarded at Real, and a huge favourite of the club's fans, the Spanish giants have been less than forthcoming with the offer of a new deal despite Solari making clear his desire to stay.

It is now understood that wages are the main impediment to the midfielder remaining at the club, with Real not prepared to match his current salary - believed to be around €3.5 million per season.

Given Solari's status as an habitual substitute, Real do not feel they can justify handing the player another extravagant contract, which has opened the door to United.

AS reports that the Premiership outfit have already started negotiations with the South American and claim he is now more likely to move to Old Trafford than stay in the Spanish capital.

Sir Alex Ferguson has long been linked with Solari who has been mooted as a possible successor to Ryan Giggs whose own long-term future with the club remains in doubt.

Barcelona were also reportedly interested in signing the former Atletico Madrid star, but were not willing to meet his demands.

Solari heading for Real exit

Reports in Spain claim that Real Madrid's Santiago Solari is inching ever closer to agreeing a move to Manchester United.

The Argentine wide-man has only six months left on his contract at the Santiago Bernabeu and will thus be eligible to move on a free transfer in the summer.

Although he is highly-regarded at Real, and a huge favourite of the club's fans, the Spanish giants have been less than forthcoming with the offer of a new deal despite Solari making clear his desire to stay.

It is now understood that wages are the main impediment to the midfielder remaining at the club, with Real not prepared to match his current salary - believed to be around €3.5 million per season.

Given Solari's status as an habitual substitute, Real do not feel they can justify handing the player another extravagant contract, which has opened the door to United.

AS reports that the Premiership outfit have already started negotiations with the South American and claim he is now more likely to move to Old Trafford than stay in the Spanish capital.

Sir Alex Ferguson has long been linked with Solari who has been mooted as a possible successor to Ryan Giggs whose own long-term future with the club remains in doubt.

Barcelona were also reportedly interested in signing the former Atletico Madrid star, but were not willing to meet his demands.

Source

Solari would be a good acquisition, he has been pretty good every time he has played for Madrid.

Solari is quality alright, but if they're aiming for a Giggs replacement they should go for someone a little younger, someone like Van Der Vaart or Downing.

Van der Vaart is not really a winger. Solari would be better suited to replace giggs although i admit it wouldn't be a replacement who would help much in the long run.

Solari is quality alright, but if they're aiming for a Giggs replacement they should go for someone a little younger, someone like Van Der Vaart or Downing.

Van der Vaart is not really a winger. Solari would be better suited to replace giggs although i admit it wouldn't be a replacement who would help much in the long run.

Well, it looks like Solari won't be coming to United after all.

MADRID, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Argentine international midfielder Santiago Solari has signed a new four-year deal with Real Madrid, the Primera Liga side announced on Monday.

The 28-year-old, whose original contract was due to expire at the end of the season, joined Real from city rivals Atletico in 2000.

Although he has never held down a regular place in the starting line-up, the versatile midfielder has played a valuable role as a substitute and has frequently come on to win games with his often spectacular goals.

He played the full game in Real's 2-1 victory over Bayer Leverkusen in the final of the Champions League in 2002 and has also won two Spanish league titles with the club.

Solari, who played for Newell's Old Boys and River Plate before joining Atletico in 1998, won the most recent of his 11 caps in the 3-2 win over Venezuela in a World Cup qualifier in Buenos Aires in November but saw little action otherwise last year, missing out on the Copa America