Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you quote my post? I've never said at any point that I'll not support the club any more. I've never said that it'll ruin the club either. All I said is that as a businessman, his aim would be to turn a profit. Which isn't necessarily a good thing.

I meant to really focus on that last line as a general point, although quite frankly a profit for you means more money for the transfer kitty meaning better signings meaning a better chance at success.

Yay cup final today. Hoping no muppets run on to the pitch as some stations are reporting they will. Hopefully we'll be able to beat them seeing as they dont have Henry I feel a lot better about our chances.

Reyes - Quality. No doubt about it. But the same as Duff and Robben. Huge talent, but haven't even come near to proving it on a big stage and so cannot be called 'world class'.

coughFAcupagainstchelseacough.

But seriopsuly though, I think Chelsea are now on a higher level than Utd when you compare people

Chelsea have the better players in certain postitions in Cudicini, Bridge, Duff, Lampard and Kezman (if you compare him with Saha).

I think the season will be the same end, Arsenal 1st, Chelsea 2nd and Utd 3rd. Imo, Utd are on the way down, the replacemtns for these brilliant players of the past are nothing. Except Howard and Ronaldo. I mean Djemba or Kleberson, you have to be kidding, Bellion? No comment. Forlan, don't get me started. Next season could very easily be an even worse season than last for Utd. And I think it will.

I was half right. B)

Edited by Gooner4Life

Heh this season isn't a total write off. New blood is beginning to come through in players like Fletcher and Brown who have both made themselves be counted this season. The summer buys have all proved to be good investment with Rooney really shining and well we also flogged Djemba to poor Villa as well.

I think the real kick-in-the-teeth is that now both Arsenal and Liverpool not to mention Chelsea are in possession of all the available English trophies, whereas we are once again left empty handed. When you look at it talent-wise, there is no reason what so ever that we shouldn’t be in the same position and that’s the real downer for us this season.

Being optimistic for the future, I can see us being a team with a real title contention next season. With a few buys in the summer to add strength and depth to the team as well as the emergence of some extraordinary talents like you mentioned, there is again no reason why we shouldn’t be.

Hopefully next season will carry more luck than the last, as this campaign alone has showed us just how far luck can take you.

Manchester United have released goalkeeper Roy Carroll.

The 27-year-old Northern Ireland international is one of eight players to be let go by United, with keeping colleague Ricardo also on his way out.

Carroll had regained his first-team place at United by the end of the season and played in the FA Cup final ahead of American Tim Howard.

Ramon Calliste, Ben Collett, Daniel Nardiello, David Poole, Lee Lawrence and Paul Tierney have also been let go.

source: bbc.co.uk/sport

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

They obviously prefer him to Howard, but from the looks of it Howard is more than willing to sit on the sidelines if he has to, so he's obviously a better choice.

Carroll will end up at a premiership side, he's not that bad.

Ricardo is a woofter though, he thinks he's better than he is, so I'd like to see him go somewhere and be humiliated.

Fuck Roy Carroll. He did nothing but muck about over his new contract negotiations and therefore deserves to be released.

If he weren’t looking more money one day, he’d have wanted assurance that United wouldn’t buy a new keeper the next. Amidst that, he and his agent repeatedly told the media that he’d be staying whereas that was never to be the case. With Howard signing a new four-year deal, he looks likely to be the number two with a new keeper arriving in the summer.

As far as the other releases, I’m not that surprised. Ricardo, like Carroll, was shit and rarely even got games for the reserves with some of the youngsters more favoured. Some of the others come as a little more of a shock. There’s some talent in the likes of Tierney, Calliste and Nardiello from what I’ve seen. It’s likely that they’ll go to Championship sides during the summer, whereas they were decent at reserve level and the numerous loan spells, it was unlikely they would break into the first team and that’s what reserve football is all about.

I can't see how even people who aren't Utd fans would back this.

I'm glad of it. Everyone is fucking bitching and saying "oh, it'll ruin the club! I won't support Man Utd. again!" - fine. Go fuck off and support Chelsea or whoever is the flavour of the month. If there's one thing worse than a chairman who doesn't give a shit, it's fans who turn their backs at the first sign of trouble.

Stick by your club. There are teams who won't even ever get the opportunities that Manchester United have had - count yourselves lucky.

United got linked to Buffon today, which I find quite funny.

The papers should just quit talking so much crap. Buffon will not be leaving Juve and that's for certain. Madrid tried to get him at one point, it just wont happen. He's happy at Juve too, why he would want to go to United I really don't know. Not saying they aint good, but he belongs in Italy so I cant see him even considering going to United.

I'll agree you need a new keeper. If you've got the cash then go for bloody Shay Given, I still rate him as one awesome keeper too.

United got linked to Buffon today, which I find quite funny.

The papers should just quit talking so much crap. Buffon will not be leaving Juve and that's for certain. Madrid tried to get him at one point, it just wont happen. He's happy at Juve too, why he would want to go to United I really don't know. Not saying they aint good, but he belongs in Italy so I cant see him even considering going to United.

I'll agree you need a new keeper. If you've got the cash then go for bloody Shay Given, I still rate him as one awesome keeper too.

Uhhh, I know nothing about this team or soccer in general, but I thought I should post that the owner of The Tampa Bay Bucaneers (American Footbal Team) has bought the Manchester team. But what I ask is, why are they burning his picture in the streets and rioting? :blink:

There's this idea that because Glazer pretty much used Man Utd. money to buy themselves out, thus they might enter debt. That and he's not a football man, he's not Manchester born & bred, blah-blah-blah. Fuck knows what the issue is. I don't see it myself.