Man United Thread

Jook

Fletcher has grown on me in the past few months. He's a better player than he was, but he's still not great. I'd have him sitting on the bench once Giggs is fit again. Then again I'd rather Park started before Fletcher does.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that as if Park's shit? He's been our best player this season as far as i'm concerned. Whenever he's on he makes things happen. I can't understand why Ferguson started with Fletcher ahead of Park, obviously it ended up working but still.

Then again, I'm in total agreement with what was said above. Fletcher is by no means shit, he's just not as good as Rooney or Ronaldo. Not every youngster can be that good. The guy is only 21, he'll get much better with time.

• 2 weeks later...

Riquelme is out for the United game

Villarreal star Juan Roman Riquelme has been ruled out of next week's Uefa Champions League clash with Manchester United.

The midfield schemer has been ruled out of the trip to Old Trafford after picking up an injury in training on Sunday.

Riquelme suffered a thigh strain in training and he is not among their party for the trip to England.

The news is a major blow for Villarreal as the Spaniards looked to book their place in the next phase of the Champions League with victory at Old Trafford.

Riquelme joins Diego Forlan, captain Quique Alvarez and Antonio Guayre on the sidelines for the Group D clash.

Guest Small Red

I think the past few days of news has been excellent for Man United. Ottmar Hitzfeld would be a great manager, although he might take a season to adapt to English football. Other than that, this could be the one thing that brings Michael Ballack to England, with the chance to link up with a German manager.

But with Wayne Bridge and Aldo Duscher apparently coming in January, it's excellent news.

Where did Wayne Bridge come from?

The "only" rumoured signings I've heard are;

Ballack, Zokora, Duscher, Aurelio, Yaya Toure, Ribery, Aubey, Park Ju Young, Fernandes, Mascherano and Rosicky.

Anyways, Juve have apparently offered Keane a very attractive contract. Not sure he'd be too happy playing alongside Vieira, though.

The Bridge thing came from him wanting first team football and Fergie saying he wants a left back in January. Heinze's out for the rest of the season so whoever is brought in as the second choice would get half a season to cement their place in the team. I've never been a big fan of Silvestre so if Bridge was brought in and he impressed I'd love to see the central duo of Heinze and Ferdinand.

The Bridge thing came from him wanting first team football and Fergie saying he wants a left back in January. Heinze's out for the rest of the season so whoever is brought in as the second choice would get half a season to cement their place in the team. I've never been a big fan of Silvestre so if Bridge was brought in and he impressed I'd love to see the central duo of Heinze and Ferdinand.

Most United fans hate Chelsea.

a) They have Peter Kenyon

b) They have Roman Abramovich

c) They (might) have John Obi Mikel

Even if they're not the enemy, they're certainly rivals. I don't see why Chelsea would want to help strengthen our defence.

I'd prefer Silvestre at LB and Rio and Wesley in the middle.

Disappointing result tonight.

Villareal played stubbornly for the draw and got the pay-off in the end. Some good play from us resulting in several clear-cut chances, but we still didn't get the goals to show for it. With Lille and Benfica drawing, the situation stays the same for our next game. Lets just hope we can rise to the occasion moreso than we did tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Good result against Pompey, though I was worried when it was 1-0 for so long. Good to see Scholesy get off the mark, and even though Rooney had a bit of an off game, he still bagged a goal.

Giggs had a very good game, and Ronaldo was fantastic when he came on, really livened the game up. Hopefully those two will start against Benfica, though Fletcher not playing worries me. Might mean he was being "rested" for the CL game.