Unites States GP

Katsuya

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for adding to our discussion here. :rolleyes: (That was at Jonny.)

What does everything think will happen to Michelin then? Looks like that singular tyre company plan is more likely.

I know what you're saying Dan. I'm just saying, it showed a lot today when all the Michelin running teams said they'd race without points up for grabs.

Edited by Summers

You have to say though, it WAS an accident. Schumi wasn't there saying "Right, I'll kill him, yay." He wanted to win, and he did what he could to do that. He is, at times, a reckless driver. But claiming that he attempted to murder someone is stupid.

As I said, I was overdoing it....it's called hyperbole.

EDIT: And Reily, I hate him because of the Damon Hill thing. I also think that there are probably better drivers out there, but he gets by by having the better team behind him. Thats why F1 is shit, because it became less and less about the drivers, and more about the cars, and Ferrari was, until this season, and regulations put in place to stop thier dominance, the best team in F1 by a mile.

Edited by Malenko

Schumi showed he was a great driver from his Jordan days. He got better as his cars did, obviously. But now as more good drivers show, with more good cars, it gets tighter. Ferrari have had a bad season, and that makes for an exciting year.

And Dan, in a few years - by 2008 I think - they planned on having a singular tyre manufacturer, I think.

Edited by Summers

You have to say though, it WAS an accident. Schumi wasn't there saying "Right, I'll kill him, yay." He wanted to win, and he did what he could to do that. He is, at times, a reckless driver. But claiming that he attempted to murder someone is stupid.

As I said, I was overdoing it....it's called hyperbole.

EDIT: And Reily, I hate him because of the Damon Hill thing. I also think that there are probably better drivers out there, but he gets by by having the better team behind him. Thats why F1 is shit, because it became less and less about the drivers, and more about the cars, and Ferrari was, until this season, and regulations put in place to stop thier dominance, the best team in F1 by a mile.

Michael Schumacher was the most dominant driver of the past years. It wasn't just because he had the better car, otherwise there would always be a fight between both drivers of the same team, like when there was an absolute McLaren dominance in 88 that saw Senna and Prost dividing leaderships for most of the time.

Schumacher totally dominates Barrichello most of the time, although Barrichello had some good races, and Barrichello IS a good driver as shown when he was in Jordan. When Schumachers partner isn't that good, like Eddie Irvine more recently or Jos Verstappen when he was on Benetton you always saw Schumi winning the races, and the others struggling to get some podiums or even points in the case of Verstappen.

The famous Adelaide 94 incident with Damon Hill in which Schumacher entered the race 1 point ahead for the championship and then Schumi hit Hill breaking his car's suspension, was possibly on purpose since he knew he would win the championship if both had given up. That is unacceptable, but he didn't try to kill anybody, and i have no idea where you people got the idea he was driving at 200 at the time, when it was a slow section of the race.

Or if Barrichello does go to win, he gets told to slow down and let Schumacher pass >_> Considering pretty much every big team tailor thier cars and drives to favour one driver over the other (and Ferrari are one of the worst exponents of this), I'm not surprised that Schumacher does better than his team mates, as there is no competition.

And I personally don't think it was a possible, he cut back across Damon Hill's car, and hit it hard, when there seemed to be no reason to do it. Also, even though they may not have been flying around, the cars are still going fast during the slower sections, so I'm sure they were going fast enough for it to be a dangerous idea.

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

The FIA should look at the rules, though. If they didn't have 5 rules, then Michelin could have replaced the tyres with imported French ones, though the race would still of been shit, as the drivers would have never used the tyres.

Or if Barrichello does go to win, he gets told to slow down and let Schumacher pass >_>

And I personally don't think it was a possible, he cut back across Damon Hill's car, and hit it hard, when there seemed to be no reason to do it. Also, even though they may not have been flying around, the cars are still going fast during the slower sections, so I'm sure they were going fast enough for it to be a dangerous idea.

Edited by Malenko

Few things:

1) Ferrari were the one team that didn't comply with the building of the chicane idea. The other nine teams did.

2) Jordan said they weren't going to race, then did anyway. Pissed off by this, Minardi raced as well to try and give the fans some entertainment.

3) My favourite Schumi moment is Jerez 97. Obvious deliberate attempt to take Villenueve out to defend his minor world championship lead, and he suffers for it by crashing out himself, handing Villenueve the title.