New Disturbed Song "Guarded"

Fitzy

Has anyone heard the new "Guarded" song by Disturbed? Apparently, it's not their first single. Either way, it's really good, in my opinion. It sounds like it would have been on the Believe CD. If you liked that CD, I think you'd like this song. Check it out, if you can find it.

Guarded will be on the upcoming album, I'm led to believe. Not quite sure of the track listing yet. I'm looking forward to hearing the album, though, as I loved the other two.

I know it will be. What I was saying was it sounded like something that would have been on the Believe CD as it sounds similar to those songs.

Yeah, I was saying I thought it would be, as I wasn't sure myself.

Guarded will be on the upcoming album, I'm led to believe. Not quite sure of the track listing yet. I'm looking forward to hearing the album, though, as I loved the other two.

01. 10,000 Fists

02. Just Stop

03. Guarded

04. Deify

05. Stricken

06. I'm Alive

07. Sons of Plunder

08. Overburdened

09. Decadence

10. Forgiven

11. Land of Confusion

12. Sacred Lie

13. Pain Redefined

14. Avarice

Thanks. :wub:

It's a mix of both, people :PI love it as it mixes both together very well. It's a teaser to get people ready for the new single which is more than likely going to be "Stricken", with "10,000 Fists" set to appear on the Madden 2006 soundtrack.

Oh and if you can't tell, I'm a huge Disturbed fan. <_<

Edited by Livid

Guest CloakedGod

When i heard this song, i almost pissed my pants, partially because i had to goto the bathroom, but mostly because of the song. i was fuckin stunned when i heard it. its beautiful. DISTURBED IS BACK! :devil: (Y)

Disturbed is one of the best bands ever to have walked the earth.

but thats just my oppinion.

p.s. john isnt to bad of a basist, actually hes pretty damn good ;)

It is fucking awesome. I was so pissed because it was supposed to be delivered to the radio station yesterday and premiered during the mid-day right after Howard Stern, which is the boss's shift. And the boss just happened to call off work yesterday and I filled in, if it would have got there yesterday, I would have been the first person in Cincinnati to play the new Disturbed song. But oh well, it's all good because the song just kicks ridiculous amounts of ass.

"Guarded" techincally is not the first single, though it is the first song they've unveiled to the public. Record labels are getting really cutesy (or ridiculous) these days, "leaking" songs to the public long before an albums release and not calling it a single. Usually they do it because they can't decide on a first single, so they use a little clever marketing. And of course since radio is always dying for the next new thing, we bite right down and play the hell out of it anyway. SoaD's record label did the exact same thing with "Cigaro."

It is fucking awesome.  I was so pissed because it was supposed to be delivered to the radio station yesterday and premiered during the mid-day right after Howard Stern, which is the boss's shift.  And the boss just happened to call off work yesterday and I filled in, if it would have got there yesterday, I would have been the first person in Cincinnati to play the new Disturbed song.  But oh well, it's all good because the song just kicks ridiculous amounts of ass.

"Guarded" techincally is not the first single, though it is the first song they've unveiled to the public.  Record labels are getting really cutesy (or ridiculous) these days, "leaking" songs to the public long before an albums release and not calling it a single.  Usually they do it because they can't decide on a first single, so they use a little clever marketing.  And of course since radio is always dying for the next new thing, we bite right down and play the hell out of it anyway.  SoaD's record label did the exact same thing with "Cigaro."

What pisses me off is that they have a LOT of one word song titles. It's annoying.

System of a Down have much more...

Loads of bands do. Taproot have loads, if I remember rightly. I generally prefer one word titles to uberly pretentious (generally emo/pop-punk) titles, unless they are genuinely funny (except I like the Red Sparowes titles, for some reason).

Going back to the topic, I haven't heard the new song, but Believe did little for me. They went from sounding raw yet accessible on the first album, to just sounding a little too polished on the 2nd. I think it may have just been a case of the 1st album setting my hopes at a high level.