Glastonbury 2005

Herr Matzat

Glastonbury is too Indie to be good.

Indie > most of the stuff that you listen to, as far as I know :P

Old indie/brit-rock > new indie though (you can't beat Pulp, Blur, Oasis, Kula Shaker, Ocean Colour Scene, etc)

My major problem with Glastonbury is that there are a lot of the more pretentious indie bands that magazines like NME and such magazines tell thier fans are good, and the fans seem to fall for it. Thats the only way I can imagine Pete Doherty ever got any fans :/

Coldplay were outstanding, as usual. Been a brilliant night.

Totally agreed, they were superb last night and the crowd loved it. Shows the spirit of us Brits doesn't it. Oh and White Stripes were also quite superb the other day.

The girl nextdoor went, so when she gets back I'll probably see how she found it too :)

What I saw of the White Stripes was very good, and having seen them at Reading last week, they are awesome live.

Coldplay were, as I suspected, totally dull. One of my friends in the year below (who doesn't have exams and has thus been able to attend) rang me last night and said that she left halfway through their set because she, and I quote "felt about ready for bed after Clocks." How I laughed.

Saw Brian Wilson on TV this afternoon - the number one artist I would've been to see, and the main reason for my uncontrolled rage on seeing my exam timetable this year - he was fantastic as usual.

White Stripes, Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, and Bloc Party have all looked good. The Bravery looked terrible as usual. Are Garbage at Glasto this year? That'd complete my rage, missing them and Brian Wilson in one weekend.

"The spirit of us Brits" is admirable, people coming together and sharing tents with people who lost theirs and all, but those same people came in their thousands to revel in the snooze-fest that was the Chris Martin Experience last night, so meh.

A pox on the lot of them.

The White Stripes were superb, I love their new pseudo-goth direction, it's given them fresh life, as they were starting to get a bit stale. GIMMICK CHANGE~!

And who else caught Rufus Wainwright's performance today? The man is truly a God.

The White Stripes were superb, I love their new pseudo-goth direction, it's given them fresh life, as they were starting to get a bit stale. GIMMICK CHANGE~!

And who else caught Rufus Wainwright's performance today? The man is truly a God.

Is that the really fruity bloke, who had an interview on BBC Three with Edith?

I've only heard his Hallelujah, and I just plain don't like his voice.

Coldplay were, as I suspected, totally dull. One of my friends in the year below (who doesn't have exams and has thus been able to attend) rang me last night and said that she left halfway through their set because she, and I quote "felt about ready for bed after Clocks." How I laughed.

Saw Brian Wilson on TV this afternoon - the number one artist I would've been to see, and the main reason for my uncontrolled rage on seeing my exam timetable this year - he was fantastic as usual.

White Stripes, Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, and Bloc Party have all looked good. The Bravery looked terrible as usual. Are Garbage at Glasto this year? That'd complete my rage, missing them and Brian Wilson in one weekend.

"The spirit of us Brits" is admirable, people coming together and sharing tents with people who lost theirs and all, but those same people came in their thousands to revel in the snooze-fest that was the Chris Martin Experience last night, so meh.

A pox on the lot of them.

Garvage chose a good festival, Download.

I don't know if he had an interview or not, but "really fruity" sounds like an accurate description.

I can see why you wouldn't like his voice, it's fairly unconventional, they only people I could begin to compare it to are Loudon Wainwright III, Nick Drake and Tim Buckley, and even then only slightly. Personally, I love it, but again, I can see why you wouldn't.

He's a fairly acquired taste, I must admit, I didn't like him at first, but he's really grown on me over the last year or so, to the point where's he one of my favourite artists at the moment.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Brian Wilson was brilliant earlier on the best act I've seen this weekend, they are saying on the BBC coverage that it was probably a bigger crowd for that then it was for Coldplay last night.

I'm watching Ian Brown right now really good , I watched Garbage earlier they were good also. Basement Jaxx officially suck as the headliners, they should have just gone moved Ash there, it's a no fail solution.

P.S anyone wanting to watch full sets from some acts click here, there's New Order, Garbage and Doves amongst others.

No Glastonbury next year, this is going to hit the other festivals, they are going to sell out quicker but there's a chance that the other festivals will have stronger lineups.

Just turned on the BBC coverage (as I've been doing on and off to see if anything interests me) and they introduced Steve Earle. Totally wasn't expecting him to appear at all.

Just one song "Rich Mans War" but it's Steve Earle :wub: