Tim Westwood: Your Not Black!

Psicosis

Was just checking out his latest show on the BBC website for the new Kayne tracks, and i've never heard such a tryhard. They grabbed a guy with a broad English accent and mixed him with every single rap cliche and gun sound effect. He also has some of the poorest interview skills i've heard (and we have Rove in our country). I also found it pretty funny to hear him yelling about hosting Pimp My Ride UK. Does anyone take this guy seriously or is he considered a joke in the UK?

I honestly don't know if the mass media over here even view him that way, but if Richard and Judy take him seriously then he must be the shit.

Nah. Most of my friends make fun of him whenever he crops up, mainly because hes such a talentless wanker. Other than that, I really don't know what most other people think about him, hes a known celebrity, but not one many people give a shit about.

Radio 1 DJ.

I never listen to radio 1 but if I'm in a car and a friend has it on and Westwood is on he's basically a white boy trying to speak black ghetto. I find it quite cringeworthy.

He releases his own compilation Rap and "Gangsta" albums and seems to get a lot of interviews with rappers.

I have a very low opinion of him.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

It just shows why John Peel outlasted all the other DJ's on Radio 1, because like Westwood the majority of them are complete knobheads, I hate guys like Westwood who put themselves above the music they are playing.

Honestly, the whole "stop acting black" thing is bullshit. You can't sit down and say "black people do this, white people do this, Asians do this...". If Tim Westwood wants to talk in rap cliches and "pimp" peoples "rides", why shouldn't he be allowed to?

Was Eminem "acting black" when he started rapping? Was Jimi Hendrix "acting white" when he picked up a guitar? Was Colin Powell "acting white" when he got into politics? Was Chuck Norris "acting Asian" when he took up martial arts? Was Margaret Thatcher "acting male" when she became Prime Minister?

Was Eminem "acting black" when he started rapping? Was Jimi Hendrix "acting white" when he picked up a guitar? Was Colin Powell "acting white" when he got into politics? Was Chuck Norris "acting Asian" when he took up martial arts? Was Margaret Thatcher "acting male" when she became Prime Minister?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Acting?

Honestly, the whole "stop acting black" thing is bullshit. You can't sit down and say "black people do this, white people do this, Asians do this...". If Tim Westwood wants to talk in rap cliches and "pimp" peoples "rides", why shouldn't he be allowed to?

Find me a British middle-aged white male who genuinely speaks like that and I'll find you something equally rare. He's acting out a stereotype of a culture he isn't even part of, and it just makes him look thoroughly pathetic.

That, and he's a cunt.

Find me a British middle-aged white male who genuinely speaks like that and I'll find you something equally rare. He's acting out a stereotype of a culture he isn't even part of, and it just makes him look thoroughly pathetic.

That's because there aren't many middle aged men who were influenced by hip-hop culture. Give it 20 years, and a shitload of middle aged men will speak like that as our generation ages.

And I'll still hate it then. I hate it when white people my age do it, hell I hate it when black people my age do it. It's a mangled form of English that absolutely sickens me, and there's no need for it. These people didn't grow up in a ghetto in Harlem or whatever, they grew up in council estates in fucking Essex or whatever, and it's just ridiculous to hear them talking like that.

I don't care if you're influenced by hip hop culture, I don't care what you're influenced by. I'm influenced by American music, I'm influenced by American films, American literature, American television, do I speak with an American accent? Do I fuck.

I've listened to The Ramones my whole life, do I speak like Joey Ramone? No. And I'd probably kick anyone who does in the face.

Slightly back on topic, Tim Westwood is a cunt, fact. If you want any further proof, feel free to direct your queries in the direction of Skumfrog, I'm in an argumentative mood.

He's a cunt.

Richard Blackwood,

Or as I like to call him, Won't Smith.

Hahahaha, *steals*

As for fineintent, yeah, to be honest, I don't really have much more of an argument, I just wanted to call Westwood a cunt again. I do think that there are many more people in the UK who speak as if they were American, and it irritates me, but that's not overly relevant.

I don't know, maybe it just irritates me because I'm not a part of the culture and therefore rarely exposed to it, and it just grates on me.