Official "Recommend Me Music" Thread

Enter Blue Guy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly curious into a couple of things.  And I'm looking for albums

1. Metallica.  What would be the best album that they have put out?  Does anyone know if a Greatest Hits album exists?  And was Turn The Page (the Seger remake) released?

2. Anyone recommend a compilation album for trance music?  No words, just the beats.

1. Kill 'Em All or Ride the Lightning are my two personal favorites. But, come to think of it, I don't like much Metallica after that (However Master of Puppets has its moments).

I'm looking for ANYTHING, literally anything, with an Australian theme... don't ask.

I come from a land downunder. The Pennywise cover is good :P

Can anyone reccomend me some summery pop-punk or ska-punk that isnt deep or particularly meaningful, just something fun that I can enjoy in the sun, sorta like Suicide Machines, Lucky Boys Confusion, Planet Smashers etc.

No blink, sum41 or good charlotte, tho.

30 Foot fall (if fun is what you looking for you should listen to it), the aquabats (but you may find them to ridiculous if you don't know them yet), Big D and The Kids Table, Buck-O-Nine, Capdown and obvious ones like Catch 22, Mad Caddies, Less than jake... Also the Descendents because they're fun to listen any time of the year, Edna's Goldfish, Five Iron Frenzy, Gob and even Goldfinger, Homegrown, Kemuri, the Living End (love them), Madcap, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes because i only listen to it in the summer so it fits your needs tongue.gif, (early) millencolin, Mr T Experience, MU330, Mustard Plug, (early MxPx), No Fun At All, Passage 4, Much The Same, Real McKenzies, Reset (if you ignore who's singing tongue.gif - although the voice may and probably will annoy you), Running Potatoes, RX Bandits, Save Ferris, Seasick Pirates, Slick Shoes, Spunge, Streetlight Manifesto, Tastes Like Chicken, Ten Foot Pole, the Vandals...

I have most of them, but I don't feel as if I tell you I love you enough. You are THE MAN, Poster of the year. *bows* A lot of bands there I know of or have a few tracks or havent heard for years.

Now some bands that don't play the style you're looking for but are also fun and easy to listen and have that summery feel: They Might Be Giants, also The Presidents of the USA just because, and maybe some early Weezer, and some Ash and the Bloodhound Gang (seriously). And also i demand you to listen to the Beach Boys.

Check, check, check, check, and check. But good suggestions for my playlist, YOU FUCKING BEAUTY.

EDIT- And I would just like to add that Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Big Bad Voodoo Daddies rock. Nothing to do with anything, but I am listening to them >_>

Edited by MDK

MDK... 88 Fingers Louie (more punk/pop. Can be 'deep' but ust ignore it), i've become addicted to them. No Use For A Name, they're alright pop punk. I find them overrated but they do have some good songs. Pulley, are awesome pop-punk. Goldfinger have some awesome songs, refrain from new stuff though, it's plain horrible. There's always the obvious Reel Big Fish.

Though Malenko hit the nail on the head. Other than Sponge suck major quantities of cock. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO~! Make them top of your list.

Okay another request from me. I amlooking for punk-rock bands that are a bit gnarly. It's hard to explain what I mean so i'll give examples. Or I could just say, anybody know any punk rock bands in the same vein as Only Crime, The Falcon, Lagwagon, Death by Stereo (The new album stuff reminds me of a more talented Lagwagon, like This Curse...whatever) etc.

Edited by Retail Dragon

Okay another request from me. I amlooking for punk-rock bands that are a bit gnarly. It's hard to explain what I mean so i'll give examples. Or I could just say, anybody know any punk rock bands in the same vein as Only Crime, The Falcon, Lagwagon, Death by Stereo (The new album stuff reminds me of a more talented Lagwagon, like This Curse...whatever) etc.

Malenko, my bad. Unless Spunge are the band who did that Jump On Demand song, then they do suck.

And Bushmeister said the king of bands I want. I know Propagandhi, Refused and Raised Fist but i'll check Citizen out.

And to be perfectly honest I don't really know what I mean. Angry stuff is pretty much it though. Less 'poppy' punk rock I suppose.