Official "Recommend Me Music" Thread

Enter Blue Guy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demons & Wizards have a few concept songs on their new album. I'll dig some info up on it here in a bit when I'm not too busy and can be arsed to.

Pink Floyd songs to check out -

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

See Emily Play

Astronomy Domine

Love You

Wish You Were Here

Comfortably Numb

Corporal Clegg

Careful With That Axe, Eugene

Boomtown Rats songs, go!

She's So Modern

Diamond Smiles,

Elephant's Graveyard

Rat Trap

I Don't Like Mondays

Banana Republic

Mary Of The 4th Form

Joey's On The Street Again

Whilst you're at it, check out some of Geldof's solo stuff, I've always found it far superior personally.

Do System of a Down have anything that breaks five minutes or more? The majority of their work (that I have) doesn't. The only song I have that does is "Lost in Hollywood", at 5:22.

Some Red Hot Chili Peppers suggestions would be nice too. I have "Aeroplane", "By The Way", "Californication", "Can't Stop", "Give It Away", "Other Side", "Scar Tissue", "Soul To Squeeze", and "Under The Bridge". Recommend some more. :)

Whilst you're at it, check out some of Geldof's solo stuff, I've always found it far superior personally.

I have to disagree. The only Geldof's solo song i've really liked was Scream in Vain and while i think the last Rats albums aren't that great as a whole i think in noway does Geldof's solo work compares to the first couple of Boomtown Rats albums.

I dunno, I just prefer the more sort of folk-ish direction that Geldof has gone in. I think "Sex, Age & Death" and "The Vegetarians Of Love" are more complete albums than anything the Rats ever did, and that's not taking away from the Boomtown Rats, who were an utterly excellent band.

I think the Boomtown Rats had individual songs that were far stronger than anything Geldof's done, but as a whole, his solo work is more complete.

Stuff like "Crucified Me", "Room 19", "Skinny White Girls", "Inside Your Head" and "The Great Song Of Indifference" is worth a listen either way, though.

I have to disagree. The only Geldof's solo song i've really liked was Scream in Vain and while i think the last Rats albums aren't that great as a whole i think in noway does Geldof's solo work compares to the first couple of Boomtown Rats albums.

Do System of a Down have anything that breaks five minutes or more? The majority of their work (that I have) doesn't. The only song I have that does is "Lost in Hollywood", at 5:22.

At least Mind from System of a Down and Aerials from Toxicity also go past the 5 minute mark.

Can someone Recommend me some Depeche Mode? I hear aloy bout them

I LOVE Depeche Mode, so here are my favourite songs:

Personal Jesus

Everything Counts

Enjoy The Silence

People Are People

Walking In My Shoes

Barrel Of A Gun

Stripped

Little 15

Home

World In My Eyes

It's No Good

Only When I Lose Myself

They mix between light techno-pop to quite dark stuff, depending on if you check out thier early or late stuff.