Last Comic Standing 2~!

DYSI

Some of these comedians seem to have a very limited set of jokes. There were a few that did the same act that they did in their tryouts and callbacks. It made them seem stale.

It's not entirely that. For guys like Vladimir, they want to use their best material which won't cost them with the judges, but will with the viewers, but it's a calculated risk because it's not like the viewers matter until the finale.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bruins72

I was surprised that the girl who was also a stripper didn't end up in the final 20. Her jokes weren't too good but I would've thought they would've got her for the reality stripper dynamic.

You can never have too manny strippers on tv! She was cute and a little funny but she really didn't impress me all that much (comedy-wise). I was actually surprised that she got one of the tickets to New York. I guess they figured she was good for ratings.

It's not entirely that. For guys like Vladimir, they want to use their best material which won't cost them with the judges, but will with the viewers, but it's a calculated risk because it's not like the viewers matter until the finale.

That's true. The thing is, people that are new to the biz and don't have a lot of material probably wouldn't fare too well on the show. You can only go so far on a limited set of jokes. I wonder how some of them would do thinking up things on the spot.

Guest Tommy M. Wing

I want that Dan guy to win, hes the one who graduted form med-school and had the comedy-calender medical-calender joke.

Ant isn't funny.

And I'm upset because that guy who did the "my dad is afraid of the dark" routine didnt get in.

THe old hippie Jim guy was funny too.

I don't know why Jay London got picked. He's not funny at all.

Ant is a bit funny. Him being in the house with Todd Glass and Jim Norton would make for great TV, too.

I'm rooting for Dan right now. As long as he doesn't turn into Dat Phan I'm all for him going all the way.

Paul Vargheese was good, but I preferred Wiggins and Pablo, and neither of them made it in tragically.

Guest Bionic Elbow

Although I'm Norton's bigest mark, I'm 100% positive he won't win. Like some1 already said, he's too "raw" for the pussy network shows, I mean I'm shocked he was able to do the decapitated hooker bit, but alot of his great stuff you won't see. Second if he does win he'll get crap because he's friends with Mohr, Vos and a bunch of the peeps they'll have on the show.

I must say that all of the women comedians were terrible IMO, how Pablo and Will Durst are out and Sue Costello and that fat woman, who did the Dat like funny voice to fool the crowd bit, are in boggles the mind.

If Norton makes it to the house, anyway, he's going to be on the hitlist of tons of people for various reasons, primarily because he's not the kind of guy who plays well with others.

For a properly entertaining final ten, I want to see Norton, Glass, and Ant in. That would make for great TV.

NO NO NO NO NO NO Why cut Monty Hoffman? Why? And that Iranian guy - Dan Adhore(I think).

That girl that said "the c word" should have been cut and Monty should take her place and the tall guy should be cut too and Dan should have taken his spot. Damn it. Now Corey, Ant or that Hunch back will win.

Edited by Slimg

QUOTE(bruins72 @ Jun 14 2004, 05:52 AM)

Some of these comedians seem to have a very limited set of jokes. There were a few that did the same act that they did in their tryouts and callbacks. It made them seem stale.

-------------------------------------------------------

They did the same thing almost all last season. They pulled out a little difference once they started challenges, but nothing dramatic. The low point of the show, IMO.

Ant (didn't deserve it)

Bonnie McFarlane (said "cunt" in her first joke which was the big controversy of the night)

Corey Holcomb (best set of the night)

Gary Gulman (excellent stage presence)

Kathleen Madigan (didn't deserve it)

CUT: Tim Young, Jessica Kirson, Dan Ahdoot, Kerri Louise and Monty Hoffman who got screwed for Ant/Madigan *grumble*

Edited by naiwf

Guest Sean O'Haire

I think Ant made it because he is gay and they think it will make for good TV, plain and simple. Too put it nicely, his set in Vegas sucked.

Bonnie absolutely sucks. She is the only comic throughout the entire night to not even get a chuckle out of me. I just sat there, she didn't deserve it.

Corey was off the hook. I literally spit Gatorade on the floor during his set. He deserves to win this thing if he keeps it up.

Gary has great stage presense (as been said) and that kept him alive.

Kathleen made it simply because she is already a well known star, IMO. She wasn't funny enough to make it in.

I don't remember Tim Young's set, I might have missed it (damn NBA Finals!)

Jessica Kirson was okay, but I find her extremely annoying. All she does is scream and it annoys me.

Dan Ahdoot was telling the same jokes and I think it finallly caught up and bit him in the ass. Sucks, because I was rooting for him.

Kerri Louise wasn't that great, and she didn't really deserve much, only fitting she didn't make it.

Monty Hoffman was one of the best comics I saw on the entire show and he didn't make it in. Sucks, he was good.

I wish Wiggins would have made it in. The ex hippie was awesome, and his jokes were good, too.

Gary Gulman isn't funny and the only reason he stayed was they could put on some bad sitcom or some Bachelor rip off if he ever won. I wish this was Comedy Central's show and not NBC's. Oh well today's the better group of comedians and if Jay London doesn't make it to the house I'm not watching.

Dan Ahdoot may keep doing the same set but even the 2nd and 3rd time around I laughed the most at it then any other person. Him and Monty really did get screwed. Gary Gulman & Bonnie McFarlene I didn't laugh at once. I can see how Drew Carey and Brett Butler say the contestants were fixed.