Last Comic Standing 2~!

DYSI

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. Heffron's set wasn't much less uninspired than Bonnie's in my opinion. Both of them fell back on the same routines. Heffron's set was better (even though I thought the hypnotist joke > any single joke in Heffron's set, the rest of her stuff was soooo redundant), but not by much.

Guest Sean O'Haire

As has been previously said, you have to remember that the people they are preforming for haven't seen that set yet, like we have. Bonnie's hypnotist joke was good, but Heffron had a better overall set, IMO. I just hope Todd Glass wins it. He is annoying, but he makes it amusing. And Ant, god I hope he goes. I would love to see Corey go against Todd Glass in a vote off.

The only two truly funny guys on the show are Corey and Alonzo. Each of which can appeal to all audiences, it's just a matter if you want to admit to the ghettoness in the set, or hint at it. If anyone other than those two wins, I will be pissed.

I expect London to go next since he's the easiest mark in the house. 90% of his jokes are too smart for the dumbasses in the audience. I will do the happy dance once Glass & Ant go since neither one of them is funny, and made it in solely to bring "the drama". Again, if they want Real World: Comedian, they should advertise as such. Bastards.

I miss Naturman :(

My bet is that next to go will be Gary or Jay. Tammy and Ant's divide & conquer strategy means they're looking to ice Todd's pals before going for him, and that means Gary, and since Gary voted for London, he'll probably go for him again.

Wellp, I was sooo wrong. Tammy Pescatelli whacked Todd Glass tonight, probably because Glass just sort of went nuts on stage, going into a flurry of jokes that slowly but surely stopped being funny.

I didn't think he was funnier than Tammy, really. Tammy's set was far more focused and easy to follow. Todd started well but near the end he clearly began losing the crowd and his response to that was going even more over the top.

In a way, I'm glad Glass is gone. In a way, I'm happy that Tammy won. But now it's more and more likely that Ant will advance for a while due to a bullshit alliance, which is just annoying to me. Once he's gone, I wouldn't have a problem with anyone else winning, although I still think Alonzo Bodden has the best delivery and most diverse material.

I know Corey would have thrown away his career, but I still wanted to see him introduce the back of Ant's head to the windows of that schoolbus ;)

You gotta admit, though, he was an ace at the challenge.

Ant won't make it to the final five. Eventually someone will challenge him and that'll be it. The two people who he could have a good shot at beating, Bonnie and Todd, are both gone now.

And if he DOES make it that far, no way is he winning.

tammy uses the same jokes about everything, and shes always pushing the fact that shes scicillia its really really really annoying.she used that omish person in the roller skates bit back in like quarter finals im pretty sure as i saw her do the dance. im going for london as no one rlly cares what he does and no one sees him as a threat. i like his jokes all though that is all they are. jokes. i like corey and bodden but they have an unfair advantage of being able to make fun of themselves. all though ant has the same advantage, thats the only thing he does and its annoying but hey what u gunna do. ant wait till next week

Not true. Dat Phan won because he had some funny material (all about one subject and not a lot of it, which is why he's generally looked down upon) and is a likeable guy. Jackie Gayda winning... well, I STILL don't understand that. Dat's more like Maven; a good guy, but limited and really, the jerk should have won (Nowinski/Vos), but the viewers wouldn't want to see that, and see, this is where LCS runs into problems. The fans aren't going to vote for the best standup comedian; they're going to vote for who they like the most. This more or less eliminates Ant and Tammy right out of the gate (and really, Ant is like Dat except a politics-playing jerk, meaning he's all of Dat's shortcomings with none of his positives) and will make things hard for someone like Alonzo, who is a good comic but hasn't gotten any focus on the show.

Right now I'd say that Corey or John would win, and while I like both, it's not quite fair because they've both been portrayed in a more or less positive light whilst Alonzo, Jay, and to lesser extents Gary and Katherine are just sort of there.

Wellp, Ant is finally, mercifully gone, dispatched by Gary. I was actually a bit surprised. It looked like Ant was getting a far better crowd response than Gary, who really wasn't that good (though Ant wasn't much better, being Ant and all).

His final message, though, that he wasn't the brains behind the alliance and rather just a puppet, was incredibly interesting, but it's been hinted that Tammy's running the show for a while, dating back to her strategy for getting rid of Todd Glass in the first episode in the castle.

I'm rooting for Alonzo from now on. He was great at the roast and has been consistently good whenever he's gotten a shot. I don't care much for Katherine or Gary, so I'm hoping neither win.