WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Can you no longer do what you could last year with someone like Big Show? Where you could pick up say, Rey Mysterio, and launch him over the top rope?
Edited by timmayy

Bah. Fuck my dad. I was supposed to be getting my thirty quid off him today to buy this, and I only ended up with a fiver <_<

Since I probably won't get it for a while, is there any noticable improvements to the moves me and Kliq were talking about? Or any new moves at all, for that matter?

• Admin

How do you mean?

My main gripe is that it's so hard to come up with a decent, original looking wrestler. I repeat, wrestler. Not clown, transvestite, freak, or bunny rabbit.

Like the clothes etc don't look painted on anymore, and when you've made someone they look as good or nearly as good as the actual pre-made WWE superstars.

Yeah, there's a little bug where sometimes when whipped the wrestler's leg sort of stays mid-move and they sort of float/skip a little. :wacko:

I'm pleased with the CAW improvements. Like Kliq said, there's now tops and stuff that look 3D, they don't look painted on. A couple of new hairstyles are in and a few more morphing features.

I unlocked British Bulldog and beat Heidenreich in a ladder match. Although I couldn't figure out how (if you can) knock the ladder over while your opponent is on it? When I pressed square like you did in the last hame, nothing happened (except for climbing up the ladder myself when around the other side).

Yeah, there's a little bug where sometimes when whipped the wrestler's leg sort of stays mid-move and they sort of float/skip a little. :wacko:

I'm pleased with the CAW improvements. Like Kliq said, there's now tops and stuff that look 3D, they don't look painted on. A couple of new hairstyles are in and a few more morphing features.

I unlocked British Bulldog and beat Heidenreich in a ladder match. Although I couldn't figure out how (if you can) knock the ladder over while your opponent is on it? When I pressed square like you did in the last hame, nothing happened (except for climbing up the ladder myself when around the other side).

Edited by Kukash

Definitely a bit slower, but it's better for it.

and that whip glitch isnt a game-wrecker, don't let it put you off purchasing, it just looks retarded.

As for CAW, I've noticed the improved 3dishness, but the items are still identical, with only a couple of mostly useless additions.

Not sure we could discuss that, it involves spoilers. Besides, I was sure that Storymode was the same for everyone, every time.

I had the whip glitch once, but it didn't affect the actual match one bit. My opponent just glided into the turnbuckle.

Game is a lot slower, I've had some matches (even one I dominated) last around 15 mins. Checking in stats, I think my average is 8 mins or so.

Not sure we could discuss that, it involves spoilers. Besides, I was sure that Storymode was the same for everyone, every time.

I had the whip glitch once, but it didn't affect the actual match one bit. My opponent just glided into the turnbuckle.

Game is a lot slower, I've had some matches (even one I dominated) last around 15 mins. Checking in stats, I think my average is 8 mins or so.

You can't really spoil it, it's not like it's a series with continuity through games :P

I love this game, the graphics are fucking amazing.

Best Smackdown game so far imo. Season mode is so much fun, I am Hassan at the moment and just had a funny little skit with Eugene.

I have a question though, how do you unlock arenas? Where do you go?

I unlocked Bret so far, can't unlock Jake Robert's though, need the PSP version. :crying:

Edited by Gooner