WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Started my first season as Edge. Was slightly annoyed at the start about a few things, again, nothing major, just little things. Shame the roster changes hadn't been made in time, with Cena/Show still on Smackdown. How come Triple H is champion in Season, yet Batista is on exibition? Found that rather weird. No Lita as Edge's manager? Is there any way to have her as my manager during Season? And lastly, Edge going kinda face for a few weeks when I didn't want him to, but it kinda worked out once he went back heel during the legends tour.

Best match so far is probably the one I had against British Bulldog. Such an awesome ending. Hit the Spear, made the pin, Bulldog gets the shoulder up literally at the three count. JR going crazy, I complain to the referee. Bulldog up, knocks me to the outside. I'm straight up, hands under the ropes to grab him and stun him. Back in, Edgecution and the three count, Bulldog lights out, just like a real life finish.

A question. Does anyone know exactly how many different storylines there actually are in Season mode? Maybe it's been asked already, if someone does know though, help me out and tell me :)

The most awesome moment so far though was me in the ring with Jimmy Hart. Out comes Mankind, cuts a promo. Hart sets up a three way HIAC between me, Mankind and 'Taker. Anyway, I (Edge) goes on to cut a promo saying how I'm not scared. Cue the awesomeness of the gong, followed by flickering lights. Lights out, smoke everywhere...wham, 'Taker standing behind me. Sure, nothing major, but it was a great first time moment.

Oh how sweet it is. I felt a little pang of happiness in the dreariness that was the past couple days today. We went to EB today to check when this would be released here (since most Canadian releases are on Wednesday for some reason) but lo and behold one of the employees that knows us told us they just got copies in an hour before. We got home, fooled around with GM a very tiny bit and then played a singles match with me as Benoit and her as Eddie. She put me away with the lasso from El Passo.

From the looks of it I'm liking it. The camera is fine with me since I got used to Day of Reckoning's pretty fast.

I haven't had much time with it, but it looks good. Should be able to decide better with more play time. But I watched Raw and then the replay, so it's hard to do much else except think right now.

Was really hard watching Eddie's entrance.

Guest wwwrock

THQ are stupid bastards. To unlock one legend, you need to have the PSP version aswell and trasfer save data to unlock it.....:(

Now completed 4 seasons and storys are getting repetitive now :P

In season mode do you always fight to get a diva as manager or are there different story lines ?

Nah, that was Smackdown V Raw 1. There are different storylines in this one, for a given value of 'different'. There are about four storylines per season, and each involves the exact same person. For instance, normally you'd get the ECW storyline on SD!, but if you happen to choose a member of that storyline, you'll get the Legends Tour instead. Little things like that. Apparently there actually isn't Superstar-Specific storylines, as rumoured. At least, not in the way we think there are.

Most likely, the first thing I do is play a season with Eddie Guerrero. I'd love to honor his memory by winning all the titles (probably not possible, but I can dream, can't I? tongue.gif )

I've only done two seasons (One on SD! one on Raw) but as far as I've saw you can only fight for the Tag Belts, and the World belt. Still cool though, but I advise you not to play as anyone other than Eddie on SD, at least not yet. It's too weird :(

• Admin

In season mode do you always fight to get a diva as manager or are there different story lines ?

I've only done two seasons (One on SD! one on Raw) but as far as I've saw you can only fight for the Tag Belts, and the World belt. Still cool though, but I advise you not to play as anyone other than Eddie on SD, at least not yet. It's too weird :(

You can use Booker T, Kurt Angle, Eddie or Taker to avoid getting what you're referring to.

In other news, you can now complete the challenges in 2 Player mode.

And for all who are wondering........

WM21 Arena - Complete all Amateur Challenges

ECW Arena - Complete All Rising Star Challenges

WM9 & Legend Cage - Complete All Superstar Challenges

Locked Belts & Steve Austin 2nd Attire - Complete All Legend Challenges.

You can use Booker T, Kurt Angle, Eddie or Taker to avoid getting what you're referring to.

In other news, you can now complete the challenges in 2 Player mode.

And for all who are wondering........

WM21 Arena - Complete all Amateur Challenges

ECW Arena - Complete All Rising Star Challenges

WM9 & Legend Cage - Complete All Superstar Challenges

Locked Belts & Steve Austin 2nd Attire - Complete All Legend Challenges.

I tested this out yesterday with my brother and I'm so greatful for this. I remember standing around like an idiot waiting for the computer to build up two specials, hit them on me then win the match, but now those ones can be done with ease.

Doing a season mode with Eddie Guerrero, coming up to No Way Out at the moment and I'm in the midst of the ECW storyline. Gonna finish that today, then might try and see what sorta storyline mode you get when you try it with a legend, coz I'm assuming it must be a little different.

Okay so I haven't played SD/RAW before... and I was wondering, since the manual doesn't explain... what the following means in the Create a Moveset section...

GR (in Standing grapple moves)

U and L (in Ground grapple moves)

GY (in corner strike attacks)

Just curious, has anyone come across any character specific storylines yet? I remember reading somewhere that if you do seasons with a few specific guys, you get character-specific storylines...anyone had this yet?

Gah, how the hell do I spank the the FYF match?

I need it to get the ECW Arena >_<

Also, how the hell do I resverse the casket thing and what is a casket finisher?

Edited by Turbonizzle

I'm going to try and go out and buy this today. I'm really looking forward to the ECW Storyline, so I'll probably play as RVD to start things off.

You won't get the ECW storyline if you play as RVD.

Gah, how the hell do I spank the the FYF match?

Whip your opponent normally onto the bed and press up + O. The spank meter then comes up.

To spank: push right analog stick up and hold until the hand gets to the coloured bar, then when it is there, hold the stick down until it gets to the bottom of the bar.

Something I've been wondering is how do you pull someone by their hair? In the brawls information (before the match starts), it says drag opponent by hair and then do a grapple to get a different grapple move.

Edited by alldawson

Guest The Trooper

I hope to god that my xploder will work on this. I find it impossible to spank a diva 3 times in succession, this could likely be the only time i've had to cheat in a wrestling game...

DAMN THAT INFERNAL MINI GAME