WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Guest Reevesie

I'm really impressed with Smackdown v Raw 06, its really been improved and some cool new features like stamina, create an entrance etc. couple of questions, anybody know if you can have CAW's in GM Season Mode? and has anybody got "The Broken" by Fireball Ministry off the soundtrack i really like it but can't find it anywhere other than USA Import which is expensive.

The Jake thing is bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

I played through GM mode with my girlfriend until around Summerslam, and then we got bored so we autobooked and simmed almost all of the shows. Got to the end, went through draft stuff... Jake wasn't in the draft nor was I able to add him.

Yeah, I did the same thing with my brother. GM Mode is fun for a while, but it suffers from the same repetitiveness that makes EWR too boring to play for long. And this doesn't have even half of the features EWR did. Regardless, Jake is still locked, same as he ever was. Action replays or Codes it is, kids.

And getting a finisher icon is ridiculously easy. I was happy when I heard they did away with story multiple finishers, but damn... There's no need, do a couple good moves and a taunt and you have one.

I do believe you can edit how quickly the momentum meter fills through the options menu. I'm pleased with it though, it makes it so much more fulfilling when you have a long back and forward match always just on the brink of a finisher, only to finally hit it, without having to do the stupid 'kick to make them groggy first'. Although I hate the fact that storing your finisher too close to the opponent actually makes you use it. Can't count the number of times I've unwittingly used a finisher when the guy's only at yellow.

I also LOATHE what they did to top rope moves. I got tired of Day of Reckoning's handful of moonsaults, splashes and elbows but at least I could hit the damn things. As stated before by others, and myself, hitting a top rope finisher is a bitch. It needs a ridiculous setup every time just to make sure you connect. I've seen Benoit eat more mat from a missed flying headbutt in my short time with the game than in his entire career.

This is why Benoit's new secondary finisher is the Pegasus Tombstone ;)

Haven't touched create a wrestler, but create an entrance is worse than Day of Reckoning 2. I can tell just by briefly looking it over. Not as comprehensive or full of stuff.

I was happy with it, but I've never played DOR. The loading times are ridiculous, but I still love having my CAW come down to a unique entrance all of his own. If only there were a bit more non-superstar animations.

The computer also drains the ringout meter in Royal Rumble's way too fucking fast. Same with submissions or anything that requires it to "tap".

I agree here. In SDvR it was possible, though thumb-blisteringly hard to stay in the ring, even if thrown over the top rope. In SDvR06 if you're over the rope, unless you can counter the immediate grab attempt, you're fucked. Due to the fact that a third AI wrestler automatically helps eliminate the person on the ropes, all the time. Argh.

And fucking Elimination Chambers. Going to the top too often doesn't bother me much, since usually it gives me time to work over one guy at a time, but the fucking pins are impossible. For an elimination/survival type match, it sure works like a triple threat. If I'm wrestler A, pinning wrestler B after fighting for ages and finally getting a finisher, why the fuck does wrestler C break up the pin? Because he happened to be targetting wrestler B? Fuck that.

Too much time is going to be spent on fixing movesets as well. Seeing Bret do a spin kick the second year in a row is pathetic. What do they exactly do with a full year between games? Add some hackneyed systems that have been done better in games only released a few months ago and change shit for no reason.

I never understood that, why did they go to the trouble of making Bret Hart in the game if they're just going to give him HBK's fucking moves? It's mind-boggling.

You don't need a PSP to unlock Jake!! w00t.gif After the first year of GM mode all you have to do is draft Jake as one of your 3 picks and he will be unlocked.

Close, but no tubular smoking thing.

• Admin

The only way to unlock Jake without the PSP is with a cheat device. Or download a save from someone who has opened him with a cheat device.

The GM thing is a load of rubbish. Much like the "how to unlock WM21 arena" rumour from earlier.

Yes, just like Marvanite just said :shifty:

Edited by Rabid Wolverine

I'm really loving this game. it has its flaws but overall its a good game better than last years version. I haven't noticed any glitches yet but I haven't played that many matches.

Season mode is a welcomed change . I've been playing with my caw and its been really fun . started feuding with Cena and big show , then went on to feud with Trish Edge and Christian. The voice overs are 100% better this time around.

The momentum and stamina system really work I find myself either throwing my opponent out of the ring of getting out of the ring myself so I can get a breather. The new sleeper system is marvelous. I've won several matches using it.

The buried alive match is ok but I find its very picky. you have to irishwhip your oppponent , so he hits the casket at a certain spot before it will register the little button mashing minigame.

I despise the Fulfill Your Fantasy match , but its nothing new as I hated the bra and panties mode of last years.

Create an Entrance is really good just wish there was more music to shoose from

Caw mode has taken a big step forward . I was able to recreate myself in about 10 minutes. In last years version it took me anywhere from an hour or two.

Some of the superstars moves are wong but its no big deal to me cause I like going in and redoing the movelists heck if they had it so you could edit their outfits I'd be updating that a lot too.

last years version was a 5/10 to me this hears version is 8/10 very good progression but some things need to tweaked

also for top rope moves use your first finisher as the set up move. For instance . my caw has the float over ddt and the 450 pin. I get a finisher and I quickly store it then i work my way up and get another finisher. I quickly hit the float over ddt close to the turnbuckle I want then all I have to do is climb up and hit the 450. works everytime

How come I never knew about that sleeper addition? That's awesome. I was playing a match against Jericho in the season, he gets me in a sleeper on the canvas and suddenly the new bar pops up. That ruled, mainly because I never knew about it. Managed to get the arm up at the two count luckily. A question though, how do you actually do that yourself? It's only happened once and that's for Jericho, is it a certain sleeper or what?

Once your opponent's head damage is yellow, knock them on the mat, double tap O to get them in the sitting position and press down + O. Only works in singles matches I think (not 100% sure though).

So I guess I'll start a new one tonight on Smackdown. I was at the WWE website and noticed a trailer, and in it Teddy Long got run over. What storyline is that does anyone know? And who do I need to be to be involved in it down the line? Oh and one final question. If I go to Smackdown now, is it a different storyline for sure? Or is it the same stuff but just over on Smackdown? I was thinking about being either my own man or Benoit.

You basically answered your own question. The Storyline your referring to is the general starting point of a Smackdown season unless you choose either JBL, Cena or RVD (All of whom are involved and will therefore start elsewhere).

Cena's season is on RAW, so it wouldn't be a SmackDown! season. You still get Teddy being run over if you're RVD.

Doesn't the old 'whip to the corner leapfrog' thing work for aerial moves anymore? I'm sure I've hit the Swanton with my CAW a few times using that. You do need to wear them down more this year though.

You can still do that, but they always get up whenever I do it :ohwell:

Was it matzat who was asking whether anybody had got a double knock-out? I sort of did, me (RVD) and Angle both had our stamina bars completely empty, but it was a submission match so I didn't get the mini-game thing.

Umm.. there's no winning the Survivor Series Buried Alive Match is there? I had him all in red, every attempt to get him in the casket was futile... Christ, what else do they want me to do to the guy? So, eventually he got the best of me and beat me in like 2 seconds flat. Ugh..

I've found out with the Buried Alive match its not so much about damage as it is momentum. Drain their momentum and its a lot easier to put them in there.

Did that too. You know the steal the taunt thing and he still didn't go in... Hate Undertaker... hate...

The easiest way to win the Buried Alive match is to do the casket finisher (I've had choke slam and powerbomb so far, anyone else seen a different version yet?), as then there's no chance for the computer to stop the lid coming down - i'm so glad they added that, as it was taking 25+ minutes to win the match, as the computer blocked the lid about 100 times in a row :crying:

• Admin

Just do the Casket Finisher. Much easier.

(i.e. Store a finisher, then get full momentum. Whip them into the Casket, press L1, and viola)

Yeah, like he said. :P

Edited by Rabid Wolverine

The easiest way to win the Buried Alive match is to do the casket finisher (I've had choke slam and powerbomb so far, anyone else seen a different version yet?), as then there's no chance for the computer to stop the lid coming down - i'm so glad they added that, as it was taking 25+ minutes to win the match, as the computer blocked the lid about 100 times in a row :crying: