WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

I know this is random, but it's really cool seeing you on a board other then TEW, Adam. It's nice to see you getting more into the community

Everyone is joining the revolution in here :shifty:

I wonder how a lot of these AI problems got through playtesting? I can understand how things like the animations not running in the create a moveset section got through, as they only happen at certain times with certain moves, but the referee AI, the ladder match AI, the retarded tag team partner AI...these happen in every match, and in the latter two cases completely ruin them. I'm wondering if they tested it using the AI from the previous game, suddenly made a big change right at the end, and didn't have time to correct it.

I thought they had the ladder AI spot on in the last game, I can understand slight tweaking because the ladder climb is slightly different, but basically all you have to do is wait for them to set up and climb the ladder, knock them off and climb it yourself and you've won, it's no fun :( Hopefully it'll be better in tag team ladder matches, I've not tried them yet.

damn I just another hilarious moment . I haven't played the game in a few days cause I let my friend borrow it and my memory card. we had a single match. I was Eugene and he was William Regal . about 6 mins into the match he was about to lose . he called for interference. I figured nothing would happen since Eugene and Regal and in a stable together. to my suprise The Tourettes Guy runs out and starts kicking my ass and hitting the stunner to put my head in red. I decide to call for interference too hoping someone would run in and boy did I laugh out loud . An older balding guy ran out acting just like Eugene . I was like WTF? he said its Donnie Eugene's supposedly father who's also mentally impared. With Donnie out to help me I was able to score a possum pin victory.

So now we're going to have several matches between Regal/Tourettes Guy and Eugene/Donnie

Also I've nopticed that when I have match with the smackdown brand the ref tends to stay back away from the action where as on raw the ref gets up close and personal usually causing stupid dqs

How do you set intereference to work in GM/season mode. In options I set it so I could have intereferences yet all the matches I set won't allow me to use intereference in them, how am I supposed to get that storyline where my CAW the Necromancer comes in to help Undertaker take out Hogan for the world title if he can't bloody well interfere :(

The biggest problem I have with ref positioning is during an ordinary singles match, if you throw your opponant outside, the ref will stand right in front of him to make the ten count, which makes it absolutely impossible to do a baseball slide / rope flip / tope without taking out the ref.

Similarly how do you get the teamwork attribute to go up? Just done a season as one half of the team where even though I did actually team with my partner it still wouldn't let me do anything *grumbles*

So wait...you get tag team storylines in season mode? Is that what you're saying?

Also, I swear that you can get tag team attributes to go up by doing tag team matches. I'm sure I did, although I might just be insane. <_<

Did I ask already, if so apologies, but are MNM in the game? :(

Nope. But they are in the opening SmackDown video...just like the Mexicools, but that's neither here nor there. (Y)

Similarly how do you get the teamwork attribute to go up? Just done a season as one half of the team where even though I did actually team with my partner it still wouldn't let me do anything *grumbles*

So wait...you get tag team storylines in season mode? Is that what you're saying?

I had a cAW who I set up in a stable with Eugene then there was a storyline which required me to team with him. Was most likely just coincidence!

Oh that one...yeah it's a coincidence then because I had the same (I guess it was the same anyway) storyline when I was Batista.

Nope. But they are in the opening SmackDown video...just like the Mexicools, but that's neither here nor there. thumbsup.gif

And Animal <_<

You get A Tag team storyline, on Raw, and it's the same one you always get.

Also, I swear that you can get tag team attributes to go up by doing tag team matches. I'm sure I did, although I might just be insane. dry.gif

This is true. I've had Los Guererro's go up a few levels just from defending the tag team belts in exhibition. I think you just need to use them a lot as a team.

How do you set intereference to work in GM/season mode. In options I set it so I could have intereferences yet all the matches I set won't allow me to use intereference in them, how am I supposed to get that storyline where my CAW the Necromancer comes in to help Undertaker take out Hogan for the world title if he can't bloody well interfere sad.gif

Necromancer is in a stable with Undertaker, yes? If so, and if interferences are on, then I don't see whats wrong, as long as you aren't trying it in a cage or something silly :P

Just press R3 (I think it's R3, might be L3) and your stable partner will interfere.

It happened one time when I was using my Rhino CAW to win the hardcore title from RVD in a ladder match, RVD got Kane to run intereference. I had just gored RVD, so I was wondering who the fuck could have been standing right in front of the camera all of a sudden, climbing the ladder :blush:

I just won the Match Veteran trophy, unlocking the other training machines in your locker room. I didn't think I'd played every match type, but there you go. I won it after winning the World Heavyweight Title in a Last Man Standing match at WrestleMania in the RAW season, so obviously season matches count towards playing different match types. And also it seems you don't have to play all the variations such as single w/manager vs. single w/manager etc., because I haven't done all of them.

Still enjoying the game a lot. That Road To WrestleMania storyline I just had I hadn't had before and it was cool. I won't spoil anything, but I will say that I got it after winning the Royal Rumble (RAW-side) with Mankind.

I got the Match Veteran last night. My last match was a cage match.

And yeah, if there's a match type you don't like, you can change the options to make it easier. I made the cage match pin and submit only to make it easier.