WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

I beat it with RVD with just the frog splash.

Most people in there have lame finishers, so it was easy not to get done by them. Steal Tajiris finish to beat him. Same with Rey Mysterio. The submission guys are a bit harder.

Did anyone know you can do moves to the barricade,apron,steps,ring post and such without getting DQED(In the case of steps)grapple then punch then drag them by the hair towards the place and press circle.

Ah..that explains it. One of the first matches I ever did I was sure that I did a move involving the guard rail, but as I could never repeat it I figured it was just a normal move that had looked weird from that camera angle. Good to know I'm not going crazy :-p

Great find!

Guest Dakendo

Just got the game yesterday. It's really, really awesome.

I've had a couple of cracking Cruiserweight Title defences as Paul London. My first one was against The Hurricane, and it was pretty much an in-ring affair, as we only headed outside for my Asai Moonsault spot. I polished him off with a 450 Splash onto his back. My second was against Khosrow Daivari, and he bled all over the place and we both lost most of our stamina. I finished him with a Dragon Suplex.

I do find the little glitch where you whip someone and they slide, as if on skis, to be rather amusing. Just getting into it, but it's been top so far.

Online sucks because 1. it's powered by gamespy. 2. it's almost impossible to find buddies online because of the fucked up locating system. Just don't play against people with 99 ovr CAWs. Or do what I do, cheap them into getting counted out then refuse a rematch.

I get it on Christmas, my mum went to EB Games and Ordered it because they ran out, she told me that they are going to deliver it to out house of December 24th. ^^

I just had a sweeet twenty minute match. Spike Dudley vs Blue Meanie (Me), in the ECW Arena.

It was quality. I hit two meanie-saults which got kicked out of, so I grabbed a chair, whipped the referee out of the ring, clocked spike over the head with the chair which gave me another special and hit the Flowing DDT, made the pin just as the referee was getting back in and scored a three count.

Blue Meanie > *

I hope that 40 minute match was in story mode or you had nothing better to do, Keith. I couldn't imagine doing a singles match for 40 minutes.

The longest match I ever recall doing that wasn't a main event type match (ie, Royal Rumble, Armaggeddon HITC, or Elimination Chamber) was the handicap match you get stuck doing during the Stacy Keibler storyline in SD vs. RAW 1. My two opponents were JBL and Charlie Haas, and even using a Heavyweight CAW with maxed stats (I was playing through for the second or third time), I kept having grapples, pins and submissions broken, and it took well over 20 minutes for the match to end. (Made Charlie Haas tap by using one of the ground-based leg submissions that didn't have a submission meter over and over again to win the match)

That's the last time I've ever played a one on two handicap match on anything but Easy difficulty, because if I hadn't resorted to the leg submissions, that game would probably have ended up with me losing on purpose just to get out of it.

Btw, does SD vs. RAW 06 use the same system for the Royal Rumble as the first SD vs. RAW? (ie, the ring-out meter, and wrestlers being able to just pick up and toss out wrestlers 2 or more weight classes below them)

Edited by The Frying Assassin