ESPN Football 2005, $20

I got it today...as a die-hard Madden man, I can't get the hang of the controls just yet. I won my only full game so far, 16-7.

Playing Carmen Electra(amongst others) is pretty fun, albeit semi-tough.

Franchise mode is cool enough to keep me playing. Sportscenter(and the other Berman things) get on my nerves just as much as they awes me with something cool.

Very solid effort, fun, and has some cool ideas. Very much worth $50 if asked....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am getting this game today and hopefully it is as good as I have been told and it is getting great reviews also.

And hopefully ESPN NHL Hockey is also $30(canadian) if so I will be the happiest guy in the world.

Guest Cereal Killer

I've had the game since Thursday and it's just pure awesomeness. I love almost everything about the game except for it's repitive running game and I'm a die hard Madden fan, as well.

I've already won the Super Bowl as Tampa Bay with my great defense and my Super Bowl MVP, JP Losman. I traded Simms & 3rd Round Pick for him.. Brad Johnson would always suck it up for me, when I played with him, so I went with JP in all my playoff games.

I'll be getting Madden, too.. but ESPN 2k5 is a favorite of mine already.

I have been playing this for hmmm possibly 4-5 hours now and I can't stop playing it 25th Anniversary is awesome, Franchise is excellent also... Graphics are the best I have seen anywhere and the gameplay is probably the best I have played anywhere.

I love this game.

It's very enjoyable.

I saw all these things in ESPN I've never seen in Madden.

Everything looks realistic, from the way people dive on the ball when there's a fumble to the way a player will slip when it's muddy (I've only seen it once, and I had to see the replay, but his feet definitely came out from under him as he tried to stop quick to make an interception)

My favorite moment to date was a 4th and 8 play from the 16 as the Giants against the hated 'Skins at home. 4 seconds on the clock. NY down 21-17.

Warner falls back in the pocket, rolls out to the right to avoid the blitz, fires a bullet right up the seam just as Shockey breaks from his right into the gap between two defenders. . . Shockey reaches out, snatches the ball from the air, gets nailed from behind, and falls into the end zone just as time expired giving me a 23-21 victory. Oh yeah :thumbsup:

Edited by naiwf

Well I am getting this game today and hopefully it is as good as I have been told and it is getting great reviews also.

And hopefully ESPN NHL Hockey is also $30(canadian) if so I will be the happiest guy in the world.

All of ESPN's games will be $20

Gamestop

I am the happiest guy in the world

Jake Delhomme is the WORST QB I've ever played with in any game. I cannot get the ball anywhere near the receivers hands. However I have no problem finding the hands of the other guys. The comp is INT happy.

Jake Delhomme is the WORST QB I've ever played with in any game.  I cannot get the ball anywhere near the receivers hands.  However I have no problem finding the hands of the other guys.  The comp is INT happy.

Yep, I had the same problem too then at Week 11: BOOM!

7 passing touchdowns and 418 yards. I guess Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster getting hurt finally made him play well. The Buccaneers defense didn't know what hit them, nor did their offense (8 interceptions in that game, 3 by Minter and Witherspoon). Jake followed that up with a 3TD, 304 yard performance against the Saints with Foster back too. Now I just got to wait for the playoffs for Davis. :D

Bah, I use Najeh Davenport.  Setphen Davis is used exclusivly (almost) for Kick and punt returns, and I'm trading him for the 1st pick in the draft, and hopefully a bit more at the end of the season.

Davis is awesome, but yah I'll probably trade him in the off-season for a new corner-back or something since Manning keeps on getting burned and Foster is coming into his own.

Oh and Chris Gamble is dead sexy. I'm using very little yet everytime he's on the field he's knocking somebody over or deflecting passes. But he's a kick returner right now so he'll have to wait.

Another amusing story.

I'm playing a Franchise season with the Giants and going up against the evil Cowboys with 1/2 of my starting secondary (Will Allen & Shaun Williams) out due to injury. Quincy Carter burned me on a deep pass to Terry Glenn on their first possession so I was down 7-0. I quickly tied it up with a Warner to Toomer bomb.

On Dallas' next play from scrimmage -> Terry Glenn goes down to injury.

Three plays later -> Quincy Carter goes down to injury.

The first offensive play I get after that -> Terrence (Sp?) Newman goes down to injury

So within one quarter I knocked out their starting QB, a starting WR & a starting CB. How' bout dem Cowboys now bitches? :lol: