ESPN Football 2005, $20

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it has, the AI is horrible, NCAA Football keeps getting better.

NCAA Football>Madden Series.

It's sad to say that NCAA Football 2004 has a good chance at being better than Madden 2005 unless they really improve the gameplay. NCAA just had the best feel, it was easily the best football game I have ever played.

Guest NewRulesRFatal0

Madden's franchise/owner mode is what keeps it alive. ESPN's graphics are way better....nonetheless ill be getting Madden 2005 & NCAA Football2005

On the A.I. side, defenders play with better positioning and more awareness of what their teammates are doing, so they'll cover different angles of a play rather than all running to the same spot.

- Gamepro

At least EA knows where it needs to work on and is aware of its problems. Hopefully this new defense system Madden has going will win back the top spot. However, I will rent it first and if it's not worth it, I'm getting myself some ESPN pig skin.

Edited by LivingLegend

Guest Hit Man 3120

It will be very difficult for anyone to break EA's hold on the video game market. Look at 989, theyve been churning out crap for years and barely have made a dent

It will be very difficult for anyone to break EA's hold on the video game market.  Look at 989, theyve been churning out crap for years and barely have made a dent

Exactly, they've chruned our crap (although their NCAA series is moderate, their dynasty mode is ok.), but ESPN has gotten good reviews, and now considering a lower price, EA be weary the next 5 years.

Madden might be the only game in town soon with real NFL Players in it, if EA has their way. EA has reportedly offered the NFLPA (NFL Players Association) $1 billion over the next 4 years to have the players exclusive to Madden in those same 4 years. This all comes from Gamespot who reported on this earlier.
credit: MaddenMania

If this is the case, The ESPN series will suck for those who don't own a sharkport.

Madden might be the only game in town soon with real NFL Players in it, if EA has their way. EA has reportedly offered the NFLPA (NFL Players Association) $1 billion over the next 4 years to have the players exclusive to Madden in those same 4 years. This all comes from Gamespot who reported on this earlier.

credit: MaddenMania

If this is the case, The ESPN series will suck for those who don't own a sharkport.

I think somebody feels threatened.

This is excellent news, I have always liked the ESPN football game better, dating back to when it was the 2K series on Dreamcast. I think the graphics, and controls are much better then Madden. I've played Madden football games since they were on Sega, and I have never enjoyed them.