ESPN Football 2005, $20

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being able to get the NFLPA license would explain the $30 price drop, though.

Set up the game so you can download rosters onto a PS2 or XBox hard drive and ESPN might outsell Madden if only because of the $30 they'd save.

I don't know why some people think ESPN is such a better game. I think Madden is more playable. And the helmets in ESPN football look weird. Plus Madden has Bubba Sparxx on the soundtrack... :shifty:

Guest Hit Man 3120

I don't know why some people think ESPN is such a better game.  I think Madden is more playable.  And the helmets in ESPN football look weird.  Plus Madden has Bubba Sparxx on the soundtrack... :shifty:

I think its a case of "look at me, Im going against the establishment. Im soooo different and original"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this game is officially out in most areas. Just went and picked it up today, and this game is awesome.

And I'm glad to hear that ESPN Basketball will also be 20 dollars...I have to believe that ESPN may just beat the EA games this year...whether or not they are considered 'tradition'.

I'll give it a try for $20. I never really liked the Gameplay controls for ESPN, but the presentation always made me play it. As a sports fan, I shouldn't care much which game is better because both have thier strong points and its great that I can have more than one option to play video games.

I mean I like Madden and have been loyal since '92 and I think Competition is good for Madden. It will force them to constantly improving instead of the hit and miss nature they've had. Yet, 2005 seems like the first signs of consistant improvement with the improvement of the playmaker control on the defensive side of the ball.

Guest kijlhumt

I'll be getting ESPN. For 20 bucks, you really can't argue with anything that the game may or may not have. It's twenty fucking dollars.

I highly suggest everyone pick up ESPN NHL Hockey for 20 bucks too. Great series, and an underrated game last year.

As for whoever saying that 989 has been churning out crap lately, they've been improving, as I prefer MLB 2005 over MVP this year. A better game graphically and gameplay-wise.

I haven't heard the other ESPN games being offered for $20.

If so, thats spectacular as ESPN basketball is already a hundred times better than Live graphically and gameplay wise.