Where do you play?

fineintent

I thought this would be mildly interesting, any sport really - whether American or English.

In football I like to play centre midfield, but due to the fact I'm semi-decent in the air, get shipped to centre defense every now and again. I started off playing up front, then behind the front two and gradually moved back I guess. Never did like the wings.

I played Rugby at college, might do it at Uni (not sure), and I played as a outside or inside centre - which sees a lot of action, was a lot of fun actually. Nice tackling position. Need to work on my hands to play at uni methinks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Centreback or fullback, I'm right footed (I'm just as good on the side of my foot with the left, but anything more and I just lose my balance!), I prefer to play on the left to be honest though, just means I have to do alot of turning the ball back onto my right.

I haven't played for a team in ages though, I doubt I'd get in these days.

• Admin

I used to be a Goalkeeper, till the season we needed a striker in a emergency. Realised I was better at putting balls in the net than keeping them out, so Centre Forward is my new home on the pitch.

Whenever I have played for a team it has been at centreback. I am big, strong and know how to stick my foot in. And I am a dirty bastard, I know how to wind people up and I can kick people six foot up into the air. And I have been known to play up front, especially with my mate Alix, I just know where he is going to be. Which is normally well ahead of my because I am slow >_>

In football, I'm a utility player I suppose, I can play anywhere (except 'keeper). I can use both feet, although my right foot is more powerful. I usually play somewhere across the midfield, I prefer the wings (either side) because I like putting in crosses and setting others up.

Originally used to play centreback when I was younger. I prefer playing up front now, though.

*kicks you six foot up in the air*

Damn forwards.

You so couldn't, I'm not one of those skinny bastard weak ass forwards. I'm one of those big stronger style ones, though not in the mould of a target man. One of the last times I played, I was chasing a ball, and got there first, making up like.. 5 foot on the kid, and then he said "WOW, HE'S LIKE A TANK". I didn't know whether to take offence or not.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I love marking people and pissing them the fuck off, I can remember playing a team called Exwick in a match and they had like a 18 stone forward (all fat) and I was told to mark him, follow him wherever he went, he was pissed off to no end, at half time I even made the joke of following him to the changing room, he didn't laugh.

Football - I don't play for a team but i played a few matches for my school in the past and i played at Right Back and then turned in to a Right Winger when our first choice winger got injured and went off. I am quite versatile though and have switched in to a Center back role and Centre midfield position although when i was at Center Midfield i was the holding player and didn't attack much

Rugby - My first choice position is Prop forward, taking hard runs in to the opposition gaining as much ground as possible. I also play 2nd row which is like the props but not as many runs in. I got tested out as a center and a winger but i sucked so after 2 games i went back to the props role (Y)

in soccer, or footbal <_< I used to strike but i can only dribble and not shoot verywell, plus i am crazy, so one year my coach made me play D and mark a guy. I pissed him off so much, i started clapping the carwash beat and then he joined in.and then the ref told me to stop(n), so i jiust whistled it too him, and then i got to play stopper which is like sweeper but i play behind the mid and infront of the rest of the D so i just go crazy after loose balls and slide tackle at peoples genetals all though i always get warned. so thats where i play in soccer/football. but i play other sports like hockey RightWing there and Lacrosse, Top or Centre whatever u call it, i basically take faceoffs and float. and thoose are the only things i play competivley

I don't play organised sport as such. In football I normally stick to a defensive midfield position. I'm not bad in goal though.

Am I the only one waiting for someone to say; "I play in the park"?

Edited by Funk Odyssey