Where do you play?

fineintent

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In football (American) I play along the defensive line. More Noseguard/Nose Tackle than anything, but I can also play our other tackle positions. We run a 5-2 so I can play any of the 3 interior positions on that.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

I play left mid primarily in soccer, although, I prefer sweeper. This past year I played in every postion besides goal at some time or another.

In football I played corner back primarily (filled in for the injured player there). Though I started out playing linebacker. All though throughout the season I played at: defensive end, defensive tackle, linebacker (weak and middle), noseguard and offensive guard.

Back when I played baseball, I played 3rd base, Catcher, and Outfield. Most of my time in that sport was spent on the bench though.

Haven't actually played football in AGES, but I'd usually play right-back, centre-back or in goal because everyone else would think they were the best strikers in the world, so they'd refuse to go in goal and I was the only one even remotely decent in goal, and I didn't mind.

Footie - Centre or left back. I'm a big fucker so handy in the middle, but my long balls improved massively over the last few years so left back or occasional centre mid I'm pretty useful. Pro Evo terms, I've perfected the chipped through ball. L1 and Triangle me up!

When I first started playing football I was centre-back on a count of my size, but when my manager discovered i couldn't tackle and wasn't that great in the air I was moved to the left-wing (about 20 minutes into my debut). I remained left-wing for the rest of the season, although did play one game in goal when nobody else wanted to after a fat girl sat on our goalies hand.

The next season I joined another team and went straight up front and found that I had a bit of a nack for goalscoring (44 goals in an 18 game season) and remained there until I got fat and gave up on football and all forms of sports.

Now I just play in the park :D

I did once play rugby for my school as well, again because of my size I was put at number 8, and not actually knowing anything about the sport I had an awful game and was hated by all my PE teachers.

Usually I play on the left hand side of midfield, either there or on the other wing. I prefer the left, even though I am right footed, I always drift inside. I got that of Robert Pires, he is my inspiration really so I tend to watch him carefully in games. Another reason is that I am fairly fast and being on the wing allows to use it.

For footy I played in goal at school, in both five a side and then second eleven. When I did play on pitch I played down the left or right wings.

Now I play either on the wing or up front.

I can play with either foot though I am right footed. Got a massive left footed drive on me though. I don't play defence as I'm more of a luxury player.... :shifty:

Cricket I used to open the batting at school. For club I played anywhere between three and seven - so the middle order really. I also bowled. Started off being a spinner but found out I was pretty quick so started fast bowling.

Either centre-back or right-back. I can't really push people around, but I'm fast enough to keep them away anyway. They try to get past me, I'm on them. We play charity football matches every couple of weeks, and I usually play right-back then. I can keep up with most people, but have to rely on my two huge centrebacks for strength.

In football I play centre half, centre forward or left wing/back. Also played as a goalkeeper as a kid but was left crushed after a game against Darren Bent...

In rugby I play second row, kind of forced into it due to the height, played as a winger or flanker a couple of times with injury problems but do the job reasonably.

Finally a wee bit of American football where I played as a wide receiver seen as a fairly easy target due to the height and speed, good at running routes to.

In football, I played for the youth teams from 11 to 18 until i got a recurrent injury in november that year which prevented me from ever playing A-team football (actually i could have, but the knowledge i would get re-injured with ease made me quit). While i played, i did it as 10 which if existed in england would classify as a very attacking midfielder :P

I also played in the youth teams of a basketball team for a few years where i played point guard. The amount of training due to be playing 2 sports was killing me so i eventually had to decide on one, and despite starting in both, i picked football.

For the last 5 years i became close to the laziest person alive and i spend a lot of time sitting down. I still played College football for a couple of years after the injury because it wasn't so demanding but eventually stopped it all.

Guest LucaIII

I've just set up my own Sunday League Footy team so i'm now player/manager, so i can play myself wherever i like. I play centre-back although can kill in at full back or centre midfield.

Inside of School

- Hockey - I play Right Wing. Second best player on the team for the last three years but always end up with more points then the guy who has had like 5 try out games with the Ottawa 67's. We usually have a trip each year for a tournament in europe, last year it was to Sweden which was very fun.

- Basketball - Point Guard I would say I am not really close to the top 3 best players but I am good enough to at least start most games.

Outside of School

- Hockey - I play Right Wing and Center (rarely but sometimes) in a league that consists of teams from the Ottawa-Carelton area. I am the captain of the team voted by the players (people love me :blush: ) I would say I am in the top three players on the team. We also travel for tournaments which is one of the best parts of it, usually just places in Eastern Canada.

Hockey is where my talents are. But I don't think I will ever be a pro hockey player.