Where do you play?

fineintent

Well when i started and played 7 a side i played up front and our team was damn good . I never adapted very well to 11 a side and changed teams and the manager felt i would be better on the ball in midfield ( i liked to have the ball and used to put guys bigger than me up in the air ) then i broke my elbow and my team split up whilst i was injured . then i went to a different team and played in midfield till i had several rows with the manager and i became the guy on the bench till i decided to quit .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when i started and played 7 a side i played up front and our team was damn good . I never adapted very well to 11 a side and changed teams and the manager felt i would be better on the ball in midfield ( i liked to have the ball and used to put guys bigger than me up in the air ) then i broke my elbow and my team split up whilst i was injured . then i went to a different team and played in midfield till i had several rows with the manager and i became the guy on the bench till i decided to quit .

You = The Craig Bellamy of Sunday league football.

Under 8's - Goalkeeper

Under 9's - Right Back

Under 10's - Right Wing

Under 12's - Right Wing

Under 13's - Right Wing

Under 14's - Central Midfield or Striker

Now I play tennis, so I don't really have a position. Unless I play doubles, in which I generally take the forehand side.

Football is the only sport I play properly and I have actually played every single position at some point in the 12 years i've been playing.

I was a centre back up until last season when I played right back for the men's team and centre midfield for my U18's team. Midfield is my best position, the Roy Keane holding role.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

When I played hockey I was right wing.

Baseball I'm on two teams, on one I'm a first baseman because I've got good range on the bag, and can handle the ball well. On the other team I'm center field because my coach thinks I'm incredibly fast and have a strong arm.

Rugby I'm a flanker.

And I coach an amateur wrestling team.

Given that I'm 6'3 (or 1m89 for you in Europe) and 255 (116 kg), it should be no surprise that I play the positions where size is priority. In hoops, I play PF, if only because I'm not quite skilled enough at shot-blocking to be the man in the middle. When I played US football in high school, I was a WR/DE, but that was before I bulked up. In Euro football, they usually put me at keeper because I have wingspan and a good vertical to keep people from chipping me. I need better gloves, though; I spilled a goal in last time I played.

The only sport I could claim I was actually really good at was hockey. I played AA rep and in high school. Defenceman. My stick side is left, but I could play both sides at the blue line. Now I play summer men's league hockey.

I played rugby in high school too, as a flanker. The way we played there was no real difference between the two flankers. I loved that sport, though. I remember when time during a game it was raining hard as fuck, no wind, no lightning, just a hard downpour... it was the most brutal thing I've ever been a part of in my life. The field felt like quick sand, it was so muddy it was impossible get up to a good speed while running. But there were some good, brutal looking tackles. It looked like guys were getting tackled in slow motion, then hitting the ground sickening positions. And it was such a dirty game too. So many cheap elbows, forearm shots, and so much quick, cheap, shin kicking. After the game everybody was a mess... Numerous cuts and bruises, busted up shins and knees, at least one or two guys came out with concussions, one of our props broke his wrist, and our hooker got kicked in the mouth and had a hole under his bottom lip. It was gross. He'd drink from the water bottle and the water would drip out of the hole. Simply a brutal game. Nobody should call themselves a man until they go through a game like that..

In football I used to play as a central defender and then my coach gradually moved me up to be a forward because I had a strong shot and because I wandered into the opposition's area even when I was playing in defense.

In american football, they use me as a lineman cuz I'm big and I can push people well. HOWEVER, I do like to be a playmaker, so I usually make a request to pull off the Bait-N-Switch, I start off as a lineman, and as the receivers run deep routes, I kinda just walk 10 or 15 yards past the line of scrimmage to recieve the ball in an open field, I get another 7 to 10 yards before I get tackled or tagged.

In volleyball, I love to play right in the center. It allows me to control the flow of the game and it also lets me help out the weaker players.

I might not be the greatest athlete ever, but I feel that for someone in the physique I'm a pretty decent player at any sport I try.

The only sport I could claim I was actually really good at was hockey. I played AA rep and in high school. Defenceman. My stick side is left, but I could play both sides at the blue line. Now I play summer men's league hockey.

I played rugby in high school too, as a flanker. The way we played there was no real difference between the two flankers. I loved that sport, though. I remember when time during a game it was raining hard as fuck, no wind, no lightning, just a hard downpour... it was the most brutal thing I've ever been a part of in my life. The field felt like quick sand, it was so muddy it was impossible get up to a good speed while running. But there were some good, brutal looking tackles. It looked like guys were getting tackled in slow motion, then hitting the ground sickening positions. And it was such a dirty game too. So many cheap elbows, forearm shots, and so much quick, cheap, shin kicking. After the game everybody was a mess... Numerous cuts and bruises, busted up shins and knees, at least one or two guys came out with concussions, one of our props broke his wrist, and our hooker got kicked in the mouth and had a hole under his bottom lip. It was gross. He'd drink from the water bottle and the water would drip out of the hole. Simply a brutal game. Nobody should call themselves a man until they go through a game like that..

We had tons of games like that, we were hauled up to the RFU headquarters at Twickers after one againts Oundle. The outcome was a banning preventing the two teams meeting, were due to go into court as well to explain some GBH claims but that all broke down in the end.

We were lucky too, we got to the semi's of the midland's cup and managed to avoid eachother in the draw. Would've hated to be stopped from playing in the cup final because both were banned in the semis. As it was the coach missed the semi game and the team manager had to take charge, prefering his son to me, by the time he finally agreed to haul him off for me it was too late :angry:

Oh, and Oundle lost their semi too (Y)

We played Oundle School actually, they weren't bad. The best match I can remember is when a mate of mine was running, was then tackled and fell in to a member of the crowd (who happened to be a member of the other teams mother) breaking her nose in the process. Hilarity.

In basketball I usually get stuck at power forward or center because of my height and the fact that I live in a town of small Italian people (I am only 6'3"). I prefer the small forward spot as it allows me to shoot and rove around on offense.

In baseball I enjoy pitching but that's basically because I suck at fielding and the pitcher's spot provides the least amount of opportunities to have to field. Covering first is no problem but I don't even put my glove up on line drives, I just duck and cover.

For football I like playing safety and quarterback but I usually end up on the d-line because of my size. Never played it organized but in pickup games I can cut through the D with little slant routes but if I try to throw it more than say 40-45 yards the damn pass ends up looking like a punt.