FIFA LA RAZA!

When did any of these last win a World Cup?

3. Holland (4), 781

4. Czech Republic (2), 778

5. Mexico (6), 768

6. United States (10), 765

Quoted for emphasis.

1966 is a lot more recent than the times any of those nations have won the world cup.

None of those countries have ever even won the World Cup you idiot, hence his point.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

It doesn't matter if he's experienced, he doesn't need to be head coach, he knows his football, he's a legend and he's English, that works for me.

It doesn't matter if he's experienced, he doesn't need to be head coach, he knows his football, he's a legend and he's English, that works for me.

So was Keegan.

And Keegan did well. Better than Sven.

For those bitching about Mexico:

Mexico 1, Brazil 0, neutral site, Confederations Cup just three weeks ago.

They are legit good, and they are almost invincible at home. Maybe if the European teams would bother to play anyone outside of the money-rich USA in a road game, they'd see for themselves what the US soccer fans know: CONCACAF deserves its ratings.

How the fuck did I get Keegan and Hoddle mixed up? For some reason I thought Keegan was in charge for France 98. I retract my statement about Keegan being good. But not the 'he's better than Sven' thing. Can ya tell I hate Sven and have hated the decision to have him as England boss from day 1?

They are legit good, and they are almost invincible at home.  Maybe if the European teams would bother to play anyone outside of the money-rich USA in a road game, they'd see for themselves what the US soccer fans know: CONCACAF deserves its ratings.

Maybe the US soccer fans need to realize that outside of CONCACAF football is good. Mexico and the US being so high in the list is a disgrace, seriously.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

They just need to search Africa for more poor families and ship them over like they did with Adu, 4 years and they're American.

They are legit good, and they are almost invincible at home.  Maybe if the European teams would bother to play anyone outside of the money-rich USA in a road game, they'd see for themselves what the US soccer fans know: CONCACAF deserves its ratings.

One good result doesn't make them one of the best sides going.

I fully agree Mexico are a very good side and deserve to be highly ranked. They are that good at home because they don't play anyone bar USA really that great. The problem with European teams going to Mexico isn't so much the money it's the fact it's a long haul back and forth for a friendly that's most likely to occur during the domestic season. Otherwise you will get half a full strenght squad during summer (see England and our 'money-spinning' USA tour where 10 or so players dropped out) and then the game will be a bit of a farce. Mexico wins, they beat quite a poor English/Spanish/French etc side. They lose, well they aren't much cop in the eyes of most fans.

Rambled on a bit but I hope there is a good point or two in there somewhere. :shifty:

Guest LucaIII

USA will never be a top team. The world has tried so hard to convince America that football(soccer) is the best sport in the world but for some reason any decent American sportsman will play baseball, hockey, basketball or NFL. Even hosting a World Cup didn't get the support so i looks like unfortanely USA will always be a 2nd rate soccer team. The bad news could be if they put their minds to it USA got dominate football but it looks like their donot want to and it will be the asians who become a footballing force!