Saddest Movie Moment

EWFan2004

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Lord of The Rings: ROTK where Merry and Pippin get split up and Pippi says "We will see each other again...... won't we?" and Merry replies "I don't know Pip". I've always thought that one was quite emotional.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the ending to My Dog Skip was very sad indeed.

I didn't see anyone mentioning the ending of Braveheart. Basically the entire movie from the Wallace's final battle righ up until the ending credits is sad, but the whole "Freedom!" thing makes me just lose it every time.

I agree with Last Samurai. I got quite teary when, at the end, in the battlefield, Katsumoto tells Cruise "I will miss our conversations". That, and pretty much the entire battle there at the end got to me.

There are a bunch of things in Lord of the Rings that get to me. Boromir's death scene, Faramir's suicide charge towards the river, Theoden's final scene...all so great. The Boromir scene is one of my favourite scenes in a movie, ever.

Another one from Edward Scissorhands that really, really gets to me is Vincent Price dying before he has a chance to give Edward his hands. To be honest, Vincent Price, in general, makes me really depressed in the movie...him reading to Edward, the death scene, everything.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it, but a few scenes in Road to Perdition...when Tom Hanks finally confronts Paul Newman while he's getting into his car...where Newman just has that look like he knows exactly what is happening. That, and the ending. I'm being as vague as possible, because if anyone hasn't seen this movie, they really should, and I don't want to ruin anything.

Edited by Dyko

Another one from Edward Scissorhands that really, really gets to me is Vincent Price dying before he has a chance to give Edward his hands.  To be honest, Vincent Price, in general, makes me really depressed in the movie...him reading to Edward, the death scene, everything.

Vincent Price's role in Edward Scissorhands is superb, I love it. It's really emotive and so enthralling, largely (I think) due to the fact that I'm so accustomed to seeing him in horror movie roles, that seeing him as this kind-hearted old soul really warms the heart. It was an excellent piece of casting, very Tim Burton, and the role was played to perfection. I think if it was anyone else, him dying wouldn't have been nearly as emotional, due to how small a part it is in the movie, but because it's Price and because of the surrounding circumstances, it means so much more.

Guest Ringmaster

I'm going with Bambi. It was a freaking cartoon, you can't kill Bambi's mother, you fucking assholes. That was harsh.

In the Godfather Part II, the whole Fredo stuff was pretty harsh too.

Oh, and although it was a massive chick flick, I'm tossing Sophie's Choice in there. When she's in line at the concentration camp with her two kids and the Nazi soldier comes up to her and says "You must choose one" and she's like NOOOOO and he says "If you don't , I will choose one for you" and she just hurls her daughter at him and clutches her son. That was fucking gutting.

How did we get halfway to page 2 before Bambi came up? How? HOW?

For me, parts of "Remember the Titans" caused me to tear up, since TC Williams is in the county I grew up in. Especially

the scene where the white coach's insistence on fair play costs him the Hall of Fame and the little girl/narrator can't understand

Agree with the Pirates of the Caribbean, Hardball, Remember the Titans, ST: Nemesis, Dead Poet's Society and STII assessments.

Chasing Amy is just a secific scene - the part where Ben Affleck's character is explaining the quick solution to all the problems, right when Alysson talks about the entire thing, and then says, "I will always love you," slaps him, then says, "But I'm not your whore," and leaves.

I also find the scene in Dead Poet's Society where almost everybody stands on their desks as Robin Williams' character is leaving and says "Oh captain my captain" to be very moving.

And since it's coming out as a movie this fall, the memorial for Angel in "Rent". Okay, so I'm doing a bit of prophetic stuff. But I cried when I saw the stage play, so I have a feeling that I'll cry when I see the movie version.

Nearly the entire Titanic movie. I seriously cant watch that with any of my family or my friends I doubt because I blare like a little girl. The music, the scenes, the acting, it just all fits in so emotionaly if you ask me. Love the movie but good god it gets me going.

The ending to Terminator 2 is quite sad too when he kills himself. The music starts playing and that's me feeling down :blush:

There are a lot of sad moments... like Last Samurai, a lot of the Sports Movies and drama's, but only three have had me close to tears, each one more than the next... in order...

3. The Ending to Pay It Forward

2. Mufasa Passing in The Lion King

...And the one that had me closest.

1. The End to In America