Saddest Movie Moment

EWFan2004

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These days I well up like a big girl at a lot of films. But there have only been three I've cried at, for different reasons...

Amelie: When Amelie opens her door at the end and he's THERE! And they kiss and there's clips of them riding the bike together. THat's not a sad moment but it unleashes the hopeless romantic in me...

Schindlers List: When the women are hustled into the chamber and the lights go out and they start sobbing. Proper scary. Also anything with the girl in the red coat in has me going. The 'cleansing' of the ghetto is disturbing. And this stuff actually happened.

Thin Red Line: Caviezel's character has fought for his wife all the way through the war. She's been the one thing that keeps him going (we see flashbacks of them etc). Then he gets a letter. She's met some GI and she's leaving him.

Caviezel takes a mission to draw the enemy away. They catch up to him, surround him and yell at him to lower his weapon. He's got nothing left to live for. He raises his rifle....

So yeah, the three films I've cried in.

American History X has been on the verge, as has Eternal Sunshine (for two parts - first when he knows that they're deleting his LAST memory of her, and again when things look rosey and they play the tapes)...

When Micky dies in the lockerroom after Rocky loses to Clubber Lang.

The ending of American History X.

The end of A Walk To Remember. Yep. I went there. Looking back on it, the movie was pretty bad, but the story works and the last bit of it is tear jerking.

And in Big Daddy when Julian gets taken away from Sonny. That's sad.

I'm a sensitive bitch when it comes to films, here are a few(of the many) that made me at leaast shed a tear.

The Lion King

E.T.

Return of The Jedi

Casablanca

Schindlers List

Forrest Gump

The Green Mile

Revenge of The Sith

Annie Hall

Million Dollar Baby

Big Fish

Terminator 2

Finding Neverland

Saving Private RYan

American Beauty

The list does continue....but I've embarased myslef enough :P

Caviezel's character has fought for his wife all the way through the war. She's been the one thing that keeps him going (we see flashbacks of them etc). Then he gets a letter. She's met some GI and she's leaving him.

Guest Ritrais

Well the end of american history x, obi wan's speech at the end of revenge of the sith, and the end of chasing amy all are pretty sad though I've never cryed because of a movie.

Trinity dying in The Matrix Revolutions. Mainly because I had watched so much of The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded during the summer, I kinda felt like I knew her.

The ending of The Lord of the Rings, when Frodo, Bilbo, and Gandalf go off to the Grey Havens, the whole parting part with Same, Merry, and Pippin was tearful.

Vader's death in ROTJ, after watching TPM and AOTC, because you see Anakin for who he was, and then when he dies you think about that little kid that helped Padme....

The Terminator's death in T2. Seriously. I was like 5 when I first saw this movie, and I balled my eyes out in the theater when he goes down into the molten steel.

And although not "Sad" sad as in tearjerker, but in Pirates of the Carribean, after the curse is lifted, watching all the pirates throw down their swords since they're now mortal, and finally got what they wanted was sad.

I agree with the 'new Star Wars has changed the end of ROTJ crew'. Seeing why he turns in ROTS makes you really feel for him.

My personal choice: When they kill off basically every old-school Transformer in the first 10 minutes of Transformers the Movie. I mean, Optimus Prime eventually returns, but you killed Prowl you bastards!!!!