SPL Thread

Falkirk 1 - 2 Killie

Killie nick it at the end yet again. Falkirk's poor home form continues as Boydie nips in another goal.

Just some of the headlines that we might see tommorrow. Anyway here's a report on the game for anyone who wants to know.

First Half:

Falkirk started very brightly and had the ball in the net inside fifteen minutes but Craig Ireland was deemed to have pushed Alan Combe. Ireland then had the ball in the net again in what can only be described as a dour first half. This time his effort was ruled to have been offside.

Second Half:

Midfield maestro James Fowler opens the scoring in the 54th minute with a cracking 25 yards screamer which would have even made Ronaldinho's jaw drop in awe :lmao: Confidence shot through us as we threatened to add to our lead in the ensuing minutes, although Boyd's optimistic swipe from 20 yards soon after went high and wide. The home side gingerly began their fightback but their disabling lack of penetration in attack was evident for all to see. In the 66th minute, midfielder Danny Invincibile made his first real contribution to the game when he robbed the hesitant Moutinho 30 yards from goal, burst into the Falkirk box and then slashed his right-footed shot just wide of the upright. The home side were back level after 74 minutes when Naismith clumsily fouled Craig McPherson wide on the left. From McPherson's free-kick, Combe did well to save an Andy Lawrie header from close range. However, we failed to clear properly and were punished when Bairns defender Kenny Milne managed to squeeze the ball in from a tight angle. The rejuvenated home side pressed forward, but the Rugby Park side grabbed an injury-time winner through Boyd after Glennon had parried a Johnston shot from distance.

Killie team:

Kilmarnock: Combe, Greer, Hay, Ford, Wright, Invincibile, Johnston, Fowler, McDonald, Boyd, Naismith (Wales 78). Subs Not Used: Smith, Lilley, Dodds, Dillon, Murray, Campbell.

Another win for the boys from Ayrshire and we now carry our fine form into the game on boxing day at home to Dundee Utd.

Also Jeffries has accepted a big offer from a Championship side for Boydie. I don't know what team it is yet but I'll keep you up to date on proceedings.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

But...Cardiff play in England, so do Wrexham, and probably other teams. How can you not know Cardiff is Wales?

Berwick Rangers play in Scotland, despite being English...</random>

I've been thinking (while playing Football Manager), why don't they increase the league sizes and the number of relegation/promotion spots? Scottish football is boring, because there isn't enough change (well, until Hearts stepped up this year). I'd like to see 15-team leagues (or even more if there's enough non-league teams willing to join the lower leagues), with two or three relegation/promotion spots. In the SPL there's only one team that's relegated every year, usually to be replaced by a pathetic Division 1 team, who then get relegated, and the cycle continues (unless one team's completely fucked over like Partick).

Oh, and Sotiris Kyrgiakos is officially a silly bastard.

• 4 weeks later...

Kilmarnock aim for Skora return

Kilmarnock want to bring French midfielder Eric Skora back to the club for a second spell.

The 24-year-old was a big hit when he spent the second half of the season on loan at Rugby Park two years ago.

Skora has been released by Preston after spending November and December on loan at Walsall.

A knee injury brought a premature end to his time at the Bescot Stadium and, prior to that, Skora was out for a year with cruciate ligament damage.

If the player can pass a medical over the weekend, Kilmarnock are offering him a two-and-a-half-year contract, BBC Sport understands.

The legend returns.

Best news we've had in a while and aslong as he can stay fit then he'll give us the flair we need.

Magic Johnston and Skora in midfield, oh dear god we're going to have a hell of a midfield :pervert:

Anyway Killie drew 2-2 today away at Aberdeen, which is looking like a great results considering Motherwell drew 1-1 and Inverness are playing the Castle Greyskull lot tommorow.

Thought I'd post this here even though it didn't happen in the SPL.

I was at the St. Johnstone/Brechin First Division game today (Saints won 3-0. Kevin James, the big lanky streak of pish playing for Falkirk in Marcos' sig, scored (H) ). At half time, we always get local kids on the pitch to do a beat the goalie thing. Today when we done that, one of the kids scored and ran off to celebrate by lifting his shirt over his head...only to reveal a bloody Dundee United shirt. Some of the Saints fans booed. Then when all of them were waving to the crowd as they went off, the little shit done it again and got a telling off from one of the coaches. Cue more boos.

I, personally, found it funny as fuck that someone that small had the balls to wind up a crowd like that. Just a pity he's a dirty Arab :P

...I know this might not sound very new, or amazingly observant.

But have Celtic signed Dion Dublin, purely to sell kits with 'DUBLIN' on the back? That's pretty fucking sad. Smart, but sad.

And I'm pissed off Riordan couldn't join Rangers. I'd rather not have him join now though anyways. Just as long as Celtic stay away. I wanted Mark Brown to sign for Rangers years ago, but now he's at Celtic. I don't want to see it happen again.

And I'm disappointed we didn't sign Quashie. Fucking West Brom(!). <_<

Well seems like the cup madness has struck up here as well, shame it means there'll be fuck all fans at the games even including the final now

Why? If Hearts and Hibs avoid each other then I can see a Hearts - Hibs final and I'm sure there'll be a hell of a turn out to that if it happens.

Alex McLeish will leave his position as Rangers manager at the end of the season, the club has confirmed.

BBC Scotland understands former Lyon manager Paul Le Guen will be the man to succeed McLeish, though chairman David Murray would not confirm that.

Murray said on Thursday that McLeish would leave in the summer, with the club "some way down the road" on a deal for a new coach.

"The decision had been made. This is a premature announcement," said Murray.

"It was our intention to make an announcement after the Villarreal games of a major investment and a potential new manager.

"But we felt that, taking all factors into consideration and after discussing the situation collectively with supporters' groups, the board, Alex and some players, the best thing was to announce it is Alex's intention to leave at the end of the season."

McLeish was told on Thursday afternoon that his four-year reign was over, having been spared the sack in December following the worst run in the club's history.

A 2-0 defeat away to Aberdeen in the league, which leaves Rangers 18 points behind leaders Celtic, and a Scottish Cup exit at the hands of Hibs led to Murray bringing forward the announcement of McLeish's departure.

Murray also promised the announcement of a major investment in the club would still be made after the Champions' League ties against Villarreal early next month.

"We'll announce it when it's appropriate. We've got to do it with other people, when they want to do it," he added.

He refused to quantify the investment, but said: "Significant amounts of money will be coming into Rangers Football Club.

"It's obvious Rangers have got to re-invest real money in players."

Apparently they hope to name McLeish's successor after the 2nd leg against Villarreal. This arguably makes sense as Rangers season could be over by then (although Villarreal are hardly going great guns just now either). If the new man is not currently in a job then McLeish will walk (or get pushed out) before the season's finished I reckon.

As for naming the stadium - I always think it's a great idea for any club. Money for nothing really.

Fuck that. Carling Stadium shall not exist. I laugh at Walkers Stadium, and at least Emirates Stadium sounds kind of cool for Arsenal. Reebok Stadium, gay. JJB Stadium, gay. Any other sponsored stadium name sounds gay. I hope we keep Ibrox. It's not like Rangers don't make any money from their colossal fanbase and TV revenues.

And I'm surprised Graeme Souness hasn't been linked to the job. But I really hope be get Le Guen. I'd like to point out he resigned from Lyon after building an awesome squad. And according to wiki, he rejected Benfica, Fenerbahce, Auxerre, Monaco and Lazio after resigning.

In other words, he could be awesome. I don't know why he'd want to come to Rangers though, maybe for the constant European football.

Fuck that. Carling Stadium shall not exist. I laugh at Walkers Stadium, and at least Emirates Stadium sounds kind of cool for Arsenal. Reebok Stadium, gay. JJB Stadium, gay. Any other sponsored stadium name sounds gay. I hope we keep Ibrox. It's not like Rangers don't make any money from their colossal fanbase and TV revenues.

And I'm surprised Graeme Souness hasn't been linked to the job. But I really hope be get Le Guen. I'd like to point out he resigned from Lyon after building an awesome squad. And according to wiki, he rejected Benfica, Fenerbahce, Auxerre, Monaco and Lazio after resigning.

In other words, he could be awesome. I don't know why he'd want to come to Rangers though, maybe for the constant European football.