Madden 2006

Toe

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The training camps can give you a temporary stat boost or a temporary stat decline. If you sim, it's usually the latter. But, it's like you lose one point from your overall, so whatever. I don't know if the preseason games matter either.

Does anyone else know if it matters whether you play all of the camps and pre-season games or not?

I think the pre-season trainings keep whatever bonuses you have for the whole season, and the ones during the season boost your stats for the upcoming game.

Here's something I can never figure out. The computer shifts it's players around before the snap... but I have no idea when I should be doing that stuff. Any sites I could visit to help teach me this crap?

Probably not going to get this for a while, but does anyone know if the PC version will be able to use player-created field and team graphics made for the 2005 version? I'd rather download and use graphics that someone has already created, rather than try and make my own. (Funny thing: I prefer to play Football on my PC and Baseball on my PS2)

Incidentally, they showed something on G4 TV, where Florida governor Jeb Bush was playing the game at a release party, and as a surprise for him they added him and his brother the President as players (the President was on the Dallas Cowboys, Jeb on the Miami Dolphins) for the version he was playing.

Edited by GhostMachine

Does anyone else know if it matters whether you play all of the camps and pre-season games or not?

I think the pre-season trainings keep whatever bonuses you have for the whole season, and the ones during the season boost your stats for the upcoming game.

Here's something I can never figure out. The computer shifts it's players around before the snap... but I have no idea when I should be doing that stuff. Any sites I could visit to help teach me this crap?

I bombed the IQ test with a 50%. I knew the football questions, though. I don't see why... Aaanyway, I was drafted third in the third round by the freakin Cleveland Browns. However, I've helped them be undefeated so far (winning all four pre-season games and the first season game).

I'm loving superstar season I must say, and I love it so much more considering I got it for $32 thanks to a couple of games I got to trade in.

Edit: Oh, and in the pre-season I had already been offered a movie deal. It was actually pretty cool. I got 2 lines of 4 right on the money.

Edited by LivingLegend

I bombed the IQ test with a 50%. I knew the football questions, though. I don't see why... Aaanyway, I was drafted third in the third round by the freakin Cleveland Browns. However, I've helped them be undefeated so far (winning all four pre-season games and the first season game).

I'm loving superstar season I must say, and I love it so much more considering I got it for $32 thanks to a couple of games I got to trade in.

Edit: Oh, and in the pre-season I had already been offered a movie deal. It was actually pretty cool. I got 2 lines of 4 right on the money.

I got the same as LL on the IQ test and got drafted the same. I played the first week of training camp and the first pre-season then simmed all the rest. Except I did the movie, and I got 3/3 on my lines :D

Anyone see any super cool extra features yet?

I just got it this morning and started my first career. I'm a 73 overall QB and got drafted by Tampa in the third round. I'm third string, but we are 3-0 so far on the season. I guarenteed a victory over Green Bay in week three and then put myself in the game in the 4th quarter and we beat em like 31-3.

My local EB had either trade 2 or 3 games in and get Madden 06, I'm guessing that it was games that are worth atleast something decent not old shitty ones. I'd call and ask.

I didn't bother with the trade in though, I could be bothered to bring games in and see if they were good enough to trade in etc.

My local EB had either trade 2 or 3 games in and get Madden 06, I'm guessing that it was games that are worth atleast something decent not old shitty ones. I'd call and ask.

I didn't bother with the trade in though, I could be bothered to bring games in and see if they were good enough to trade in etc.

That's where I did the trade in. They were announcing it on the newspaper so I clipped it out and brought 6 games with me to make sure I don't miss out on any money from the trade. They only accepted 2, but it was worth it.

I hate you all. I can't get this game till October. I kill you :([/qoute]

It's not as bad as trying to get NCAA in Canada... apparently we won't get that for another year!

I started up another superstar mode, and this time I was drafted to the Lions (again). The difference this time is now I'm their superstar rookie QB. It's cool how the season is different when you're a starter right from the beginning, you get a whole lot more press and stuff.

I wish NHL would have something like this :(

Ummm, triplexpac, it's called ordering it :P I've had it since the day after it came out in the US and I've boughten every NCAA game since 03...not that hard :P

(And hell, it will only cost 10 more canadian dollars then for a usual game IN STORES)

Okay, I am a ESPN NFL 2K5 fan who currently hates EA Sports and Madden for taking the NFL rights. But after hearing Clawson say good things about it when he was a ESPN fan I feel like I might want to buy it.

So my request is someone give me some good reasons on why I should get it. Also if people could give me a rundown on modes and features in the game that would help too.

Please no "buy it because it is the only NFL game out and ESPN sucked" remarks.

Thanks in advance. (Y)

Okay, I am a ESPN NFL 2K5 fan who currently hates EA Sports and Madden for taking the NFL rights. But after hearing Clawson say good things about it when he was a ESPN fan I feel like I might want to buy it.

So my request is someone give me some good reasons on why I should get it. Also if people could give me a rundown on modes and features in the game that would help too.

Please no "buy it because it is the only NFL game out and ESPN sucked" remarks.

Thanks in advance. (Y)