Madden 2006

Toe

I've got a few gripes with the game. One the sim injuries are horrendous. I've turned down Sim Injuries almost all the way down and HUGE talented guys are getting injured all the freaking time. The Panthers have Foster Davis and Shelton out for the year plus Goings is out for 3 weeks. Theyre starting Kris Mangum at RB! KRIS MANGUM! He's a tight end! I could go through a laundry list of whos who in my game thats been hurt. Another thing is I have the sliders pretty much stacked against my on all pro and I can't throw for crap and I throw a bunch of INTs but I still win games. I like Madden but man I wish there was an ESPN this year.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest seattlebandfan9

Is it just me or is the coverage on punt returns not just the same like it was in 05?

It's really hard to get a punt return going. For some reason my guys just don't want to block for me.

My guys dont block on punts either....I seem to call fair catch all the time because they just stand there and allow the defense to get up to me.

my gripes with All Pro: I never seem to connect to my main receivers, they are always tripled covered and even when they are open somebody sprints out of nowhere and gets to the ball. But the AI manages to toss hail mary bombs into triple coverage and come up with the ball. I dont mind if this happened once or twice like in real life, but 8 times in a game is too much. Specially when you are winning 24-10 in the 4th quater and they manage to beat you by tossing this same pass five times in a row and scoring three 60+ yard td passes.

I dislike Superstar Mode...great idea, bad execution. I hope their was some sort of player lock that only allowed me to play as myself and not play the whole game. Like getting inserted into the game when the coach played me, instead of having to play as Carson Palmer until he gets injured or something.

Today, I snapped my madden disc in half to ensure that I'll never play it again. Good thing I paid $0. It's the worst excuse of a football game, ever. I'm sick of "just living with" everything I hate about the game, and only playing the game because I don't have a choice. Looks like I'll just be sticking to ESPN Hockey and Basketball this year, because EA can go fuck off for all I care.

wow! I know it can be kinda hard but no reason to snapp the disc. if your having trouble defending a play or getting it together on offense , all you have to do is go into practice mode and practice until you get better

Today, I snapped my madden disc in half to ensure that I'll never play it again. Good thing I paid $0. It's the worst excuse of a football game, ever. I'm sick of "just living with" everything I hate about the game, and only playing the game because I don't have a choice. Looks like I'll just be sticking to ESPN Hockey and Basketball this year, because EA can go fuck off for all I care.

Do you realize how silly and over the top you sound?

I kinda agree with Disengager on not having an option and being forced to play this because we have no option, but I am not snapping my disk in half any time soon. I do understand that the game has plenty of problems(which have caused me to quit in frustration several times) but I enjoy the game as it is. I really get pissed off whenever the AI is on 3rd and long(like 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 20 after several sacks or stops in the backfield) and then throws a bomb into triple coverage and suceed at it. It's ok once or twice because this desperate miracles happen in real life, but not on every fucking 3rd and long situation. That pisses the hell out of me. Same thing with the punt return plays in which I get zero blocking and have to call fair catch all the time or risk a fumble(which has happened more than once) when they tackle me inmediatly as I catch the ball. Last year many people complained of how diffucult it was to score a TD on a punt return in ESPN 2K5, but at least the chance to do it was there. In this game it is none existent with the stupid blocking AI. I remember how exciting the first time I scored a punt return TD in 2K5 was and the party I made in my room, but I doubt the same thing will happen with this game.

Another quirk is how the kicking meter changes. In All Pro it is so darn fast that it is almost imposible to make field goal beyond the 30 yard line.

The rest is not that bad, but the cheating AI pisses me off. One thing is to loose a close game, which I dont mind at all, and another thing is having the AI come from a 24-3 deficit and beat you with the same hail mary bombs into triple coverage.

"I have no choice but to play the game?"

So EA has used mind-control to manipulate you into playing the game whether you like it or not.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure you have a choice whether to play the game or not. If you don't, then deal with not playing football games. If you do, don't piss and complain that you suck since you are coming from ESPN. Everytime I see someone complain they are coming over from ESPN series and are pissed 'cause they don't win all the time and will find whatever possible to pick out of the game and say that part sucks to make them selves feel better.

If you don't like the game, don't play it. Don't bitch...that simple.

Guest Morecello

Every now and then my guys block other then that though I just fiar catch it. I'm starting to get good on the kick offs though as I can usually make it to teh 45-50 yard line before getting squashed. I'm playing as the Cardinals (see sig)

Guest seattlebandfan9

Every now and then my guys block other then that though I just fiar catch it. I'm starting to get good on the kick offs though as I can usually make it to teh 45-50 yard line before getting squashed. I'm playing as the Cardinals (see sig)

"I have no choice but to play the game?"

So EA has used mind-control to manipulate you into playing the game whether you like it or not.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure you have a choice whether to play the game or not. If you don't, then deal with not playing football games. If you do, don't piss and complain that you suck since you are coming from ESPN. Everytime I see someone complain they are coming over from ESPN series and are pissed 'cause they don't win all the time and will find whatever possible to pick out of the game and say that part sucks to make them selves feel better.

If you don't like the game, don't play it. Don't bitch...that simple.

I was an ESPN person..LOVED the ESPN games. AS soon as EA bought the NFL license, I bought Madden '05 so I can get used to it...I had no problems after about 1 month..I still like ESPN better, but will happly play Madden

Yeah, I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about the people that can't handle the gameplay in Madden that are coming from ESPN. I never noticed you mentioning having those problems that the other two did...so I wasn't addressing you.

Edited by Cole

Have you even paid attention to what I have been saying? I dont complain about loosing, in fact, winning all the time bores me if their is no challenge, what I do complain about is the way the game cheats to keep the scores close. The AI doesnt play smart, they just do impossible stuff to get the lead and beat you. That is what I complain about. It's like rubber band AI in racing games and the like....if the AI where finding holes in my defense and doing smart stuff, I would not complain, but throwing to their top receivers in triple coverage and suceeding every time is too much. Ask any football fan if something like that would happen in real life and they would yell a resounding NO to your face. That is my problem with the game, the rest is fine.