Madden 2006

Toe

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Jones + Truck Stick = 75 yard touchdown run on the first play of the game against the Browns B)

Won 31-24, Jones got 185-or-so yards rushing and two touchdowns, while Harrington threw for 250 yards and one touchdown. Second fumble recovery for a touchdown this season (first won an OT game against the Ravens). Only bad point of the game was Shaun Rogers going down with an 'Upper Forearm Fracture' while sacking Dilfer. He's out for the season <_<

I've never truck sticked and then fumbled before, but anything possible.

Especially in my current Franchise with the Bills, I'm 2-4 going and Lossman has 10 INTS and 2 TD passes, and his completion % is like 25% Horrible.

Plus, McGahee got injuried in week 3 when he was getting good numbers each week. Henry did come out of the FB spot and come into HB and played well in the first two games but then crapped out in the last game against the Raiders.

My defense is great though, I just need to hit more passes...thats my problem.

I did a fantasy draft as my created team....the Toronto Legion. Went with a running first policy, got Shaun Alexander, and also got a great run-stopping defense headed by Brian Urlacher. My QB is Bledsoe, but my recieving core was really weak except for Jeremy Shockey. I traded my first pick (as my players are mostly young, and I have JP Losman in case Bledsoe retires) for Lavernus Coles. First game, first offensive play.......PA pass, 76 yard TD to Coles. I beat the Packers, who were led by Bryan Leftwich and Deuce McAllister 56-21.

Okay I have a question for all the PC Madden users (Yeah I know, but PS2 doesn't even get released till next week).

What level of difficulty/sliders represents the real game best in terms of authenticity. I'm sick of playing coach mode on pro and winning 47-0

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I just lost another in my Bills game. 2-6 now. Losman has 14 INT's and 2 TD passes with a QB rating of 16.6.

I signed Testeverdy (SP?) hopefully he can get me a few wins, the most I can hope for at this point is a good draft pick.

How long have you been playing? When I first started, I usually threw a lot of interceptions. You need to calm down, and watch more then one receiver. It's tough with Vision and Precision turned on. Now I usually can limit myself to one or two interceptions a game, and sometimes not even throw one. Use really conservative pass routes like slants and curls for short yardage until you can get into a rythym.

How long have you been playing? When I first started, I usually threw a lot of interceptions. You need to calm down, and watch more then one receiver. It's tough with Vision and Precision turned on. Now I usually can limit myself to one or two interceptions a game, and sometimes not even throw one. Use really conservative pass routes like slants and curls for short yardage until you can get into a rythym.

Guest puremadness45

I don't really feel like going through 19 pages of this wonderful thread, so can someone just point me in the right direction to get graphical/roster updates and add ons for the PC version?

Thank you, kindly.

PS. I KNOW HAJJHOWE!

The only way that I was able to hit stick Urlacher was when I created a team with a 3-4 of Urlacher, Julian Peterson, Lewis, and Lavar Arrington. I put together a back-field of John "Diesel" Riggins and Jim Taylor. I went with Riggins and knocked Urlacher, Peterson, and Arrington all in one play. I left Lewis to Taylor and he just abused Lewis all day. He ducked a Ray Lewis tackle, and I just nailed him with the truck stick. We had a crap offense, and won the game of my RB and FB.

I just lost 10-6 in the Superbowl final to the Colts.

I didn't want the 32nd pick anyways (I'm going to mess with the sliders) and hopefully I get a tought season!

Dragsy do you know what those forums were with the sliders stuff on? Please and thank you.

Dragsy do you know what those forums were with the sliders stuff on? Please and thank you.

He's always telling me aboutOperation Sports so maybe that's it?

I'm now 13-2 with the Lions, second in the NFC behind 14-1 Rams, and just in front of the 12-3 Eagles. Won a close game against the Saints just. I began to whoop their ass, getting a 17-0 lead in the first half, but they managed to pull back and it was 20-14 at the half. I kick-off to begin the third quarter, and they return it for a touchdown. Then my first offensive play of the half is a fumble by Kevin Jones and the Saints make a field goal and all of a sudden are up 24-20. I drive in the fourth, but only manage a field goal. Then I make a last second field goal to win the game 26-24 :). Kevin Jones (NFL leading rusher) gets 165 yards rushing and 1 TD in the game, Harrington throws for 253 yards and a TD.

When my player (QB) has been called into action, he's done terrible so I've dropped from an 81 rating to 78 :(