Madden 2006

Toe

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not bashing your opinion and I'm not saying Madden 06 is a perfect game. My response wasn't stupid. I just fail to see how you say adding a feature that's unrealistic would make the game more realistic :\

Say you're the kicker. What do they do in real life? Watch the game until it's time to kick. So how you can say being able to simulate the game until it's your turn to do something would make it more realistic is beyond me.

that just is stupid, weasel around as much as you want, that comment = stupid galore.

I didn't say I was making a big point. It was just a passing comment, nothing to spark a serious discussion or anything.

Stop being so damn good and you won't get as many points.

I am really bored with Madden cards. They've been around for years and I've never used one, they're pointless wastes of disc space. I always preferred the NCAA pennants, and I don't know why.

Well I am not saying that they should change Superstar Mode completly, but just add the option to simulate the rest of the game until your turn to play came. Like some sort of situation mode. That way the game would be more realistic and casual, you dont need to play or watch the whole game, you could be taken to a simulation screen of the game and then when your turn to  play comes you are taken to the field for the play.

Say you're the kicker. What do they do in real life? Watch the game until it's time to kick. So how you can say being able to simulate the game until it's your turn to do something would make it more realistic is beyond me.

Draft Issues- You don't even actually get to be part of the draft at all.  It will say that you're drafted as pick number x in the xth round, but if you actually look into it, the game doesn't work this way.  For example, I found that while I was pick 10 in the 3rd round of the 2005 nfl draft, there was actually another play who was picked with the same pick.  This shouldn't be possible.  I know, it's small, but still.  Plus, you should be drafted based on how talented your superstar actually is, but this isn't the case.  My 95 rated defensive end gets drafted in the 4th round, even though he's like the 4th best defensive end in the NFL and by far the fastest.

I only use them on my Coach Mode Franchise but not when I am actually playing the game. I never use cheats either unless I am playing with a bunch of friends who want to try them out.

Their is some problems with the Madden cards. The 20 yrd average one is pretty much common, but also I have noticed that I get the "Complete a pass to 7 different receivers" one when I only get the ball to 5 or 6 receivers.

how to do what? Fair catch? Press Triangle before you get the ball.

As for returning punts, I never risk it. Usually you get tackled inmediatly or get 4-5 yards. It seems the game has AI issues with the blockers because they just stand there and do nothing.

In '05 the punt return blocking was pretty good. This year they "tweaked" it and made it suck...

ah this sucks.

i havent played my Madden 06 in a while so i decided just like 15 mins ago to pop it in my PS2 and play it. Then it got stuck on the loading screen with McNabb on it and i heard a grinding sound on my PS2. Stopped it and looked at the disc. a scratch that goes around the disc is there and a small section full of tiny scratches. i know it was the PS2 that did it and not anyone else, becuase of the grinding. but i'm soo mad right now. i spent $50 on this game and it didnt even last a month...

:o that sucks. 2 days only. did he get to return it?

i live in san diego and i bought it at an EB Games. and i threw away the receipt.

now that i think about when i go the game the guy said for i think $5 extra, i could replace my game for free for a whole year if something happened to it. i should have said yes.

EDIT: i just read the back of the Madden instruction book. you need the receipt to get it replaced... so im screwed and just lost $50. :angry:

Edited by aznhitman