Madden 2006

Toe

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k thats what i thought but I've read people saying that they got brock on their team and thought they were doing superstar mode also. thanks for clearing it up

Yeah but....

I'm on all-pro and I have no problem with these things.

Maybe I'm just good at that.

You are that good.

I just hit 0 percent on accuracy every so often. No big deal. XPT's mean nothing when it comes down to the score anyway. Field goals and kickoffs mean more so maybe I'm just paying attention more, I have no idea. Point is, there is no point. Carry on.

I am starting to click on offense, I have won three straight games after dropping my first in Franchise Mode, altough I am still at pro difficulty. I want to master that difficulty before moving on, since I am still winning by one or two scores, when I start absolutly murdering teams, then I will increase the difficulty.

What I need is a good FAQ on defense. I still use the Madden pick every time because I suck at picking plays. Any help?

Just pay attention to what the offense calls, what Madden suggests and how it works out. If they're throwing a lot, Madden's calling zone coverage and you're getting lit up, try man coverage. If they're doing a lot of running, Madden's calling blitzes up the middle and they keep escaping to the outside, set up some outside blitzes. A lot of play-action? Go to a zone blitz; if they can get the pass off before they're sacked, the secondary is in much better position to make a play because of the zone.

I've always found the best defense to be the one that follows the opposing offense. Try zones, man, LB, CB/S blitzes, until you find something that works. When you do, stick with it (occasionally mixing in a blitz) until it stops working, and then find a different defensive setup that'll stop whatever they've changed their game plan to.

To start things off, I would suggest you go with man-to-man coverage on the corners (safeties can blitz, zone or man cover, doesn't seem to matter), but coverage audible them into bump & run. The CPU (Madden included) seems to love using zone coverage, so man cover does very well to start with. Bumping them up helps stop any runs to the outside they may try, as well as jamming the receivers, messing up the route timing and helping the coverage that much more.

I'm gonna suggest this again and Clawson and I have been talking about it.

I suggest that we do a 4-8 man PS2 online tournament, EWB only.

It could be some fun. If your interested please respond or message Clawson or I on MSN.

I fucking hate this game. Doing a franchise with the Bears, signed Tim Brown and Ty Law (both steals, 1 year contracts and not a huge amount of money either). I'm 1-4 going up against the 5-0 Ravens, at Soldier Field. Now my offense has sucked ass all season, but my defenese bails me out (well, it did in the one win I got). Now, I play ok the first quarter, Jamal Lewis is getting shut down, and they have -4 passing yards. Towards the end of that quarter though, they hit a 60 yard TD pass to Clayton (I always seem to give up the big play on third down, it's killing me). No matter, my defense keeps me in the game second quarter with a 48 yard INT return for TD from Ty Law. Rock on. Third quarter they nail another big TD pass, much to my frustration. However, injured Thomas Jones (abdominal tear, was questionable, had to put him in as Benson's out for 7 weeks with another abdominal tear) and rookie FB Ryan Dawson (created myself, not a superstar, rated 81 or something) refuse to quit, pounding the ball 48 yards in 8 plays for the tying score. Tied at 14, we go into overtime. The Bears D shuts down Baltimore with a couple of sacks, and they're forced to punt. I also go 3-and-out and they get a second possession. A desperation ankle-grabbing sack from Alex Brown on 3rd and 14 forces another punt, and they manage to down it on my 4 yard line. 1st down, Thomas Jones, up the gut, nailed for a 2 yard loss. 2nd down, dump-off pass to Jones in the flat, incomplete (fucking miles open and the dickhead drops it). 3rd down and 12, I have to line up in the Shotgun 'cause my O-Line has sucked all season (despite the fact that on paper, they're one of the best lines around :/ ). Grossman drops back, sees Muhammed and Gage open on the rightside of the field, looks over to the left and back, still open, laods of time in the pocket, I hit the button to throw to Muhammed......and nothing. It takes like 2 seconds for the throw animation to start, by which time he's sacked. In the endzone. I lost 16-14. Fucking Madden :angry:

^That sucks buddy...

I just moved in to college and have found myself playing some more madden since classes haven't started yet and nothing happens in the afternoons.

I must say that the X Box version is a LOT tougher than the PS2... The black and white buttons are frustrating to try and hit when the heat is on you. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the playstation controls, but whatever. Another thing that sucks is that the friggin' University doesn't let you use their Internet to get online with your console of choice...

I hate when it takes too long to pass the ball, specially when I press the button and nothing happens, leading to a sack. I also hate that most of the time when Westbrook and Ritchie are running the flat and I pass to them, the pass sails over too high and ends up out of bounds.

So far I have a 7-1 record and will increse the difficulty for my next game to see how I fare.

In pro I have broken 100 yards with Westbrook only once and 75 yards like two times. I cant seem to make a lot of progress on the running game most of the time, besides one big play or a couple of 2-3 yard runs.

Can somebody explain me how to scramble? It seems I end up passing the ball even with the L2 button held down, so I have no idea.

I can't QB slide for some reason..whenever I run with the QB and press the slide button, he just dives forward...

Edited by Lint6

Rented this again tonight.

Figured I'd start off fresh, so I deleted my former Superstar Modes.

87OVR QB, 70% on the IQ test, Drafted by the Giants in Round 3.

I've had five interviews the first month, go me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and they put me as starting.

Edited by TheMystikFool