Madden 2006

Toe

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you get a lot of interviews if you become a starter.

And if you win the Superbowl expect to move up VERY quickly.

Yeah. For anyone interested, here's my QB's stats.

Posistion: QB

OVR: 87

SPD: 65

STR: 70

AWR: 83

AGI: 65

ACC: 65

CTH: 68

CAR: 65

JMP: 65

BTK: 65

TAK: 65

THP: 91

THA: 85

PBK: 50

RBK: 50

KPW: 80

KAC: 80

KR: 0

IMP: 87

STA: 88

INJ: 75

TGH: 95

List came out longer than expected.

Guest KidDiamond

When I was toying around with the creation process, I got two QBs who were at 90 overall... Hall of Fame QB Dads, (One of the Strongest Arms ever) and one mom was a marathon runner, the other a chef.

To QB slide you need to tap the dive button VERY lightly...extremely lightly I would say.

And yes I know you run the ball with the X button, but to dive, spin, juke, stiff arm etc you need to hold down the L2 button, or so says the manual.That's what doesnt work because if I hold L2 and push O to spin, it throws the ball to the O receiver.

Guest KidDiamond

I'm starting to get pissed off at how fucking hard it is to complete a pass even without the precision passing. McNabb shouldn't have only 400 yards in 3 games whilst my opponent only gets like 80 a game.

Quit going long. It's nearly impossible to complete a bomb route. Try going over the middle with slants and in/outs (left-right on the left stick after Hot Route, or left-right on the right stick for the Playmaker WR) The coverage always seems to fall a step behind on those two routes, and you can zip the ball in for a decent pickup, and occasional big plays.

Other than that, make sure you've got an athletic tight end who can catch passes, and play-action pass it to him.

Damn, I seem to be fucking injury prone.

First, in practice, I injure my chest on a play. Nothing at all, I'm ready for the game the next day.

Now, in that game, I've injured my head on a play.

EDIT: Luckily it's just a pinched nerve, and I'll be back next quarter.

Edited by TheMystikFool

That's the thing I don't get. My 1 and 2 Receivers are Steve Smith and Tai Streets and you would think that those two would be able to use their speed to get open but no matter where they are on the field they seem to be covered.

Doesn't matter I guess since I'm now 4-0 but they've all been close games since I'm only managing field goals.

In the last game McNabb had this line:

15-33 152Yds 2TD 1INT

So it's getting better but those two touchdowns came off in the last two minutes so it's getting there hopefully.

EDIT: Just got to stop the sacks though. <_<

Edited by Salami Hider #1

Dude, Steve Smith is 5'9". No wonder you can't complete passes to him, I can't complete shit to him either because he needs at least a step to have the ball not be knocked down, and forget anything long, he's just not big enough to get it.

Ya I noticed that, guess I should have kept TO if I wanted to go deep but for Smtih and Gamble I'll take it. It's unfortunate that Smith is so small in this and that the defense is all over the receiver in Madden because I can't explode with Smith like he would in real life.

Just starting out myself (Game was released today in my local store and I had the first copy on pre-order). I aced the IQ test, got drafted by the Steelers. Big Ben went down in Week 2 of the season and I've become the starter. Averaging about 200 yards a game at the moment, mostly on slant patterns to Ward, which is good cause I'm getting absolutely NO run support.

I intentionally broke my first xbox controller today, out of frustration. You see, I play Madden because I have to, not because I want to. Being a die-hard football fan, if I want to play a video game of the sport I love, I HAVE to play madden because I don't have a choice.

There's just so much crap wrong with it it's not funny. Why did I break my controller? Because I was at the end of my season, 1 win away from playoffs as the cardinals, playing on all pro, I was down by 3, 6 yards away from a TD, 1st down. I cant think of name of the play right now, but it's the one where my RB runs to the sideline and then you pass to them, I pass... and a middle linebacker intercepts it and runs it back for a 94 yard TD return. That would never happen in real life, because it was a bullet pass to him, and that linebacker would be an idiot to put himself in a position to behind the RB, instead of in front of him. So yeah, I slammed my controller down, and the casing broke. I thought it was gnarly. The only other time I've broken an xbox controller is when I dropped a 20LB binder on one. BTW, I was playing on all pro.

Edited by Disengager

Just starting out myself (Game was released today in my local store and I had the first copy on pre-order). I aced the IQ test, got drafted by the Steelers. Big Ben went down in Week 2 of the season and I've become the starter. Averaging about 200 yards a game at the moment, mostly on slant patterns to Ward, which is good cause I'm getting absolutely NO run support.

Dude, you got Staley and Bettis, how can you have no running game?

And to the guy playing as the Egles and complaining about the passing game. Relax. Good idea to trade away TO, I did the same thing. I traded him to the 'Skins for Rod Gardner and Santana Moss andhave never been happier

Dude, you got Staley and Bettis, how can you have no running game?