Offical 2005 NCAA Football Thread

Guest Morecello

Was just watching the games on ABC and I was glad to see that Ohio State was able to win against Miami (OH) easily and am really looking forward to next weeks game against Texas. If they are able to win next week then there is a good possibility that they could be going into Ann Arbor undefeated and no one ever knows what is going to happen in that game.

I also have to say Holy Shit in reagards to the OU-TCU game. Nothing like ruining National Title hopes with a first game loss against an unranked team. I would have to say that there few if any people that saw that coming.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned home from Cal's opener against Sacramento St.(1AA school)

Cal won 41-3, but Cal was only up 10-3 at the half. It took Marshawn Lynch a half to finally start running the way everyone expected him to. The passing game was okay in the first quarter; Nate Longshore completed eight of eleven passes for over 100 yards, along with a TD and an INT. Early in the second, he went down with a sprained ankle and Joe Ayoob took over. Ayoob was fucking awful! :angry: He went zero for ten in pass attempts. Steve Levy was no better, going only two for seven. Despite a 38 point win, Cal should have won by at least 50. Nobody who watched the game left feeling overwhelmed with joy. We(myself and all Cal fans) have high expectations of this team, even with the loss of Aaron Rodgers. Today's game showed that the passing game needs work, despite the solid work of Longshore.

The bright spots were Lynch, as soon as he became comfortable. He finished the day with 24 carries for 147 yards and a touchdown. The other bright spot was freshman wide receiver DeShaun Jackson, who caught the first touchdown of the game and ran a punt back for six points late in the fourth quarter.

Illinois won baby! Also I think you guys are crazy who say that Michigan will win the Big 10. If you watched the games today you'd see that Ohio State is clearly superior. Ohio State has a great defense and a handful of playmakers on offense. They didn't even have their good QB. Miami (OH) are about equal to Nothern Illinois and if you go by that, Ohio State is a few good steps above Michigan at the moment. I'm not saying that Michigan can't improve and get a key victory over Ohio State, but the way the teams played today Ohio State is the best team in the Big 10. Either way, the Big 10 may be the best conference this year.

Illinois won baby!  Also I think you guys are crazy who say that Michigan will win the Big 10.  If you watched the games today you'd see that Ohio State is clearly superior.  Ohio State has a great defense and a handful of playmakers on offense.  They didn't even have their good QB.  Miami (OH) are about equal to Nothern Illinois and if you go by that, Ohio State is a few good steps above Michigan at the moment.  I'm not saying that Michigan can't improve and get a key victory over Ohio State, but the way the teams played today Ohio State is the best team in the Big 10.  Either way, the Big 10 may be the best conference this year.

Update on Longshore: It wasn't a sprained ankle. It's a broken leg, with the break near his ankle. :( If Ayoob doesn't shape up, Cal is screwed this year.

Oh, and the injury occurred when Longshore completed a pass, and just as the pass left his hand, he was hit from behind. It looked like a chop block for christ's sake. :angry: The player wasn't penalized for roughing either.

Illinois won baby!  Also I think you guys are crazy who say that Michigan will win the Big 10.  If you watched the games today you'd see that Ohio State is clearly superior.  Ohio State has a great defense and a handful of playmakers on offense.  They didn't even have their good QB.  Miami (OH) are about equal to Nothern Illinois and if you go by that, Ohio State is a few good steps above Michigan at the moment.  I'm not saying that Michigan can't improve and get a key victory over Ohio State, but the way the teams played today Ohio State is the best team in the Big 10.  Either way, the Big 10 may be the best conference this year.

So by that logic Oklahoma is just about the worst team in the Big 12 right? One (non conference) game cannot have any bearing on which team is best in a conference unless that team's star player gets a major injury. If Michigan wins 56-0 next time they play and OSU wins 7-6, does that mean OSU suddenly sucks? This kind of comment incidentally is why I hate Buckeye fans and the team they support. Hail to the victors baby! Hail to the victors! :shifty:

Edited by Typical Phenom

It wasn't pretty, but FSU finally snaps the streak. Defensively, the Noles were pretty impressive, what with the record 9 sacks allowed by Miami's O-Line, and the absolute lack of 3rd down conversions on behalf of the U (admittedly that's partly due to a freshman quarterback, but still, the pressure they were putting on him was pretty tough). It did look like FSU were going to choke, but turns out it was the 'Canes turn to mess up in the 4th quarter. Go Seminoles!

One thing I'd really like to know is quite what the fuck the Seminoles are going to do with their quarterback situation, that was just plain dire. Will they Start Xavier Lee on Saturday?

Guest Morecello

I was hoping Miami would pull Wright and put in Freeman, but seeing as Wright is the number one recruit in the nation I guess that was out of the question. Olsen and Moore both looked good and so did Moss. The defense looked good also but FSU kept Hester from getting the ball most of the night.

Since I like noticing the upsets that have happened lately in college football, did anyone notice the phenomenal upset by Ohio over Pitt. Sure, it isn't a big upset like that whole Oklahoma/TCU thing last weekend, but I still found how Ohio won it so damn cool.

Anyways, out of my rabid fanboyism for the Tide, I will say that the Crimson Tide will decimate the Southern Miss Golden Eagles...

ROLL TIDE!!!

I was watching some of the Ohio game since I like to watch the MAC games if I see them on TV since all the schools are around the area but I also think it was a pretty big win too, going to have to see if Ohio can keep winning or if it was just a fluke.

Of course being a huge Ohio State fan my game of the week along with alot of other peoples is there game aginst Texas. This is one of the biggest non confrence games that they have played in many seasons and it has the makings of a great game. I hope that Ginn is able to get some more touches this game. Obviously since I am Ohio State fan along with thier unbeaten record at home at night, I am going to pick OSU in a touchdown victory.

Wow, this Texas/Ohio State game has been fucked up, though, not as fucked up as the catch Bama receiver Tyrone Prothro made during the Tide's big win today against USM. Oh, and of course, I gotta give my props to Charlie Weis's Notre Dame. For now, Weis has done what his predecessors couldn't: win the big ones. Beating MEE-chigan is definitely a big win.

And, finally, props to The Citadel for making me think for two seconds that Florida State could actually lose to a D1-AA team. And then you go back to sucking...oh well.