Offical 2005 NCAA Football Thread

Guest Morecello

Then again, they've put up a good contest in the first half against the big teams in the ACC. A little more good recruits and they could easily take out G Tech and State. They have one of the best defenses and if they can keep it together in the 2nd half then they can get in some big wins. Sure they're losing their QB this year but they've got a Freshmen right now who really looks impressive. UNC is a growing team and their success all depends on what the coach works with them on, which looks like he needs to work on their conditioning because it looks like the defense gets tired in the 2nd half and that ruins the game for them.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, somehow I don't think that Penn State will be sending Colorado or UCLA a Christmas card anytime soon.

True, but the BCS will be sending Michigan one for saving them from a disaster of epic proportions as PSU wouldn't have had a shot at the Nat'l Title even if they went undefeated. I do however have to say that LSU showed they are a bunch of choking dogs, and well the ACC was garbage this year in the clutch so it's only appropriate that the worst FSU team in a long while will represent them. At least there's one GREAT game left this year.

LSU and VA Tech fall and screw up the BCS in the process.

They didn't even come close to screwing up the BCS...

UGA/LSU were going to the Sugar bowl regardless of who won, and the same with VT/FSU heading to the Orange.

FSU is not a good team and is getting a BCS bid over VT and Miami (Conference rivals more deserving). UGA doesn't matter that much, since LSU has a knack for choking anyway. But the point is that FSU gets in over many more deserving teams. Get ready to hear the analysts say conference championships shouldn't determine who gets in the BCS and who doesn't.

I have always said that conference championships are crap, and I disliked ACC going for 12 to get to one, but the fact remains... they do count and they do determine the champions of the conference.

Previous to the season, and last season I predicted FSU to have 3-4 losses on the season. But I do say look at when they lost, FSU had their portion of the ACC wrapped up, am I saying they mailed it in? Maybe, maybe not... but when you have your spot locked in the ACC Championship game it gives you freedom to rest players, try new looks, etc.

I would still prefer having FSU, UGA, LSU, OSU, VT, etc. than Oregon and WVU (even though they won their conference). FSU's problem has been offense and QB.

And I said going into the Miami week that VT was overrated, with their blissful schedule with Ohio University. They play good teams and they get exposed.

But to the origanal point, the BCS is for the best 2 teams, everything else is trying to get conference champs against one another. So in that regard FSU did not screw the BCS up because they were just concerned with UT/USC getting in and then filling the mandatory conference champions slot.

And just a prediction... I can see the Big10 trying to follow the lead of the other major conferences sometime in the next 5-10 years by going after a Pittsburgh, or if their exclusive deal doesn't get renewed.. Notre Dame.