Offical 2005 NCAA Football Thread

Guest Morecello

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as it seems the big game this week is Notre Dame vs. USC, I honestly think USC will win I mean I know many are picking them to lose but that offense has so many weapons that it is unbelieveable and amazing for that matter. Now this will be USC's toughest game to date and I don't see them winning by 31 as the last two meetings but I still see USC staying undefeated after this game.

Well as it seems the big game this week is Notre Dame vs. USC, I honestly think USC will win I mean I know many are picking them to lose but that offense has so many weapons that it is unbelieveable and amazing for that matter. Now this will be USC's toughest game to date and I don't see them winning by 31 as the last two meetings but I still see USC staying undefeated after this game.

Notre Dame is wearing green jerseys.

I'm predicting USC to win regardless, they've been looking ahead to this game for 2 weeks now and almost, as a result, lost two games. But, I think the Trojans are simply too good to get beaten by anyone this year.

PSU will beat Michigan too. But I'm biased.

My heart broke at the end of the PSU game.

The officials in the USC-ND game did a great job. The ball popped out and went out of bounds and the clock should have been stopped. Great job by USC making it seem like they were spiking the ball and instead running it in. Gamble paid off, and USC remains undefeated.

Notre Dame fans will never forget this game though, I'm sure they'll feel like it was an awful call for years upon years. I know I would feel like that if I were a fan of the Irish.

:( Fucking USC, making a good day of mine turn bad. You are bad people. I almost jumped out of my chair when the game "ended" and everyone rushed the feild, but then they had to go and see that one of the ND players knocked the ball out of Leinart's hands. Dammit man, why can't you just hold onto the damn ball. Ugh. Edited by Suburban Nightmare

:( Fucking USC, making a good day of mine turn bad. You are bad people. I almost jumped out of my chair when the game "ended" and everyone rushed the feild, but then they had to go and see that one of the ND players knocked the ball out of Leinart's hands. Dammit man, why can't you just hold onto the damn ball. Ugh.

My friend who goes to USC just got on AIM and went "For the first time in my entire life I was happy to see USC fumble the ball."

The officials in the USC-ND game did a great job. The ball popped out and went out of bounds and the clock should have been stopped. Great job by USC making it seem like they were spiking the ball and instead running it in. Gamble paid off, and USC remains undefeated.

Notre Dame fans will never forget this game though, I'm sure they'll feel like it was an awful call for years upon years. I know I would feel like that if I were a fan of the Irish.

I'm sorry but I don't think the officials did a great job let alone a GOOD job at all on that final series. First of all, ok the ball popped out, but they have to MAKE THE CALL. They just sat around doing nothing and then they're like, oh, he lost the ball. Then secondly, he got hit AT THE 1, and when the ball is punched out, it wouldn't go out at the one (which it didn't it at least went 1 or 2 yards back) BUT they gave USC the ball at the 1. I'm not so mad at the fake spike thing, but I just felt that the officials at the end there did just a terrible job of calling that last series.

One called it a TD. The other called that it was out. Nobody bothered signaling to stop the clock though.

I haven't seen a conclusive replay, but it looks like the spot wasn't as bad as most people are saying it was. Credit to USC's center on keep trying to move it up before the refs could swoop in and set it back.

I'm sorry but I don't think the officials did a great job let alone a GOOD job at all on that final series. First of all, ok the ball popped out, but they have to MAKE THE CALL. They just sat around doing nothing and then they're like, oh, he lost the ball. Then secondly, he got hit AT THE 1, and when the ball is punched out, it wouldn't go out at the one (which it didn't it at least went 1 or 2 yards back) BUT they gave USC the ball at the 1. I'm not so mad at the fake spike thing, but I just felt that the officials at the end there did just a terrible job of calling that last series.

But he was right on the sideline. I'll definitely have to see a replay though.

One called it a TD. The other called that it was out. Nobody bothered signaling to stop the clock though.

I haven't seen a conclusive replay, but it looks like the spot wasn't as bad as most people are saying it was. Credit to USC's center on keep trying to move it up before the refs could swoop in and set it back.

The thing I'm saying though, is that when he gets hit, it pops backwards, so it had to have gone back at least a yard. It was just the way Leinart was hit. I mean if he had been hit from the side, the spot probably would have been accurate, but the fact that the ball was going backwards (when I saw it) that it didn't go out at the 1.

But he was right on the sideline. But I'll definitely have to see a full replay.

Edited by damshow

When was the last time USC played a great defense?

Last one I can remember is like Virginia Tech opening game last year.

Didn't Oklahoma have a good defense last year? They tore them apart however.

Defenses aren't too prevalent in the Pac-10 however.

Edited by Javs