I just saw the crappiest band ever : MARS VOLTA

Guest NWF owner

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well, TMV is virtuoso musical performance at its best, mixing a lot of different styles, and showing a diverse and eclectic sound, which is fresh to many who listen to music.

To be honest, you can argue as to why any band are good, and any band are crap.....and FYI, I have both TMV albums, and all 3 SOAD albums, so yeah, thats why I think there is little between them.

Plus, I also fail to see how you don't find some of TMV upbeat....and not all SOAD is upbeat either.....so thats a moo point [/Friends] >_> (had to stick that in there)

EDIT: Actually, add exciting to the last point as well.....TMV are exciting to those who like them, as they are doing something reasonably fresh and innovative, just as SOAD are, I guess.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Of course System Of A Down is going to be more widely accepted. Their music far more accessible and pop than Mars Volta. Not to slag on either of them, but The Mars Volta is more of an acquired taste, something to have to thoroughly enjoy before listening to it because it isn't poppy.

As said before, different strokes for different folks, but both bands have talent and are good at what they do.

Their afros aren't fake.

You don't like them okay. I don't like SOAD that much either, but I'm not going to make a post saying they suck ass live.

I like TMV because they're probably the only band that's been played on MTV in the last 5 years that improvise live and expand their songs and stuff.

Oh well. Different strokes for different folks and all that garbage.

I want to know what kind of girls this guy knows. He has a high voice, it doesn't mean he sings like a girl. Now The Kinisons however, their singer screams like a girl being ravagely molested. And that is a proven fact. Before anybody says pot...kettle...black, give them a whirl, you'll understand what I mean.

Personally I like both TMV and SOAD. TMV just have something about them though that I really love. It's trippy, it's whacked, it's awesome. Both bands really push themselves to the boundaries, however TMV just have some sort of intoxicating vibe about them, at least to me. They're both good end of story.

To be honest, you can argue as to why any band are good, and any band are crap.....and FYI, I have both TMV albums, and all 3 SOAD albums, so yeah, thats why I think there is little between them.

doing something reasonably fresh and innovative, just as SOAD are, I guess.

doing something reasonably fresh and innovative, just as SOAD are, I guess.

Isn't there 4 SOAD albums pluss that 'Maximum' one or something as well? I'm not sure if that's classed as one or not because was it only available abroad or something?

"Maximum" things aren't albums, and appear to me to be a waste of money. Also, I made an argument that SOAD's "Steal This Album" wasn't an album IMO, no matter what SOAD marketed it as in another thread, but yeah, I guess you can say they have 4.

I like SOAD and I think TMV are alright at times, but I'd never say that either band sucks prior to me listening to both bands properly and the majority of their music, because it might not be the type of music you listen to. I do however think that TMV seem better live than others, but would like it more if I liked their music, which I don't for the most part.

Well, just to throw in my two cents here about SOAD; I've only heard a few songs from them, but I think their singer fucking awful. The music is good, but this guy sounds like a total prat. To me, if your singer sucks and your band is good, that brings the whole thing down.

Take Oasis for example; I really, really like their music, but Liam is probably one of the worst singers I've ever heard, so I cannot listen to any of his songs at all. Noel on the other hand is a pretty decent/good singer. I was saying to a friend that if Noel sang all of their songs I'd probably love them.

Well, just to throw in my two cents here about SOAD; I've only heard a few songs from them, but I think their singer fucking awful. The music is good, but this guy sounds like a total prat. To me, if your singer sucks and your band is good, that brings the whole thing down.

Take Oasis for example; I really, really like their music, but Liam is probably one of the worst singers I've ever heard, so I cannot listen to any of his songs at all. Noel on the other hand is a pretty decent/good singer. I was saying to a friend that if Noel sang all of their songs I'd probably love them.

Serj is one of the best vocalists around.