Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Well, I went back to the first game I started (where I started unemployed but got bore because nobody would hire me) and eventually League One side Colchester gave me the job, and I was quite surprised to see them sitting 3rd in the table (manager jumped to Reading).

To say the team were overachieving would be an understatement, as they board wanted a mid-table finish and the squad of players were all pretty average, except for on-loan Tottenham player Mark Yeates (who by March had scored 22 goals) and former Tottenham winger Jose Manuel Dominquez, who signed on a free. These two have been my best players with out a doubt, and along with another new signing Sam Togwell, my team isn't doing terribly. Although, consistancy is a word that my team do not understand. Beat Walsall 6-1 away, and a few weeks later lost 4-0 at home against Chesterfield.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:( Multiplayer never seems to work on FM for me. Server just never gets established or somet. Yes I have the right specs, yes I have broadband. It just never bloody works..

and bugger it. But my glorious year 2 with Bury is quickly becoming inglorious, I won manager of the monther for august 06 (my first one!) and took Bury top of the table. But lost every game the next month then stabilised the ship the third month now im clinging on barely to a promotion spot.

Guest clarencepool

I've found a cracking bargain for 800k. Petit from Benfica. Hes worth about 3m but when you enquire Benfica only want 800k. Hes quality if you play him just infront of the defence, similiar to Makelele.

I'm Arsenal.

Signed Craig Gordon (Scottish national keeper) from Hearts for 275k, Simeone Perrota from Roma for 4.4m, and Kieron Dyer for 7.75m.

I'm currently in February of the first season, about twenty five league games in and I have won all of them. I've also won all my league cup games (including seeing off Chester City 11-0 in the 3rd Round) and have just reached the final to play Portsmouth. I've won all my Champions League games so far, and will be playing Olympiakos int he 1st Knockout Round soon.

I've got Rivaldo, Cudcini (and possibly Ballack and Cafu) arriving on free transfers at the end of the season, and Chris Kirkland for 1.7m will be joining me when his loan deal expires at the end of the season.

And Arsenal just gave me a new four year deal worth £33,500 a week. I've got Henry and Reyes both scored 45 goals each so far this year, with three or four other players all in double figures. And my proudest moment was probably van Persie scoring from 70 yards against Chelsea. (That'll teach Cech to come up for the corners).

What formation are you playing for your Arsenal team? I play mine with a 4-3-1-2. I too have Gordon in goal with Cole, Toure, Kompany and Lauren lining up as my back four. Pires and Ljungberg on their respective wings with arrows pointing forward and either Gilberto Silver or Fabregas between them. Hleb is normally placed just behind Reyes and Henry up front.

I find with this formation I'm decent defensively with the odd leaky performance whilst the attack creates a good amount of chances but few are ever converted into goals. I usually find myself scraping victories and almost never coming back from 1-0 down.

4-4-2

Gordon in goal.

Toure on the right, Senderos, Campbell, Cole on the left

Ljungberg on the right, Dyer Perotta, Pires on the left

Reyes and Henry up front.

But I tend to add in a lot of instructions and runs etc. And there's a lot of rotation to prevent injuries. I tend to find I am mostly drawing or one goal ahead at half time, with my team running riot scoring once, twice, three times, or more in the second half. In all competitions I'm averaging 3.5 goals a game.

Interesting to see you have Kompany. How much did he cost you? I just had a 5 million pound bid turned down.

Edited by TheArsenal

Guest Ringo Masterson

What is up with the stats in this game? I'm three years into a game, I've had Kasper Schmeichel for all 3 seasons, and he's develloped into a better version of his father, his stats have all jumped to 20s or near and he's now worth 26 Million with a trillion clubs trying to pry him away from me. Guiseppe Rossi has also become a god, worth 35 million, and scores about 2 goals a game for me. Is it just me, or has this weird stuff happened to others?

Yeah. A lot of youngsters are always overrated. I just don't buy people I know will be really good (Kasper for one) because I know it'll give me a super team in a few years, and I like to earn my way up. Unfortunately I'm the only one here who like to do that, as you may know.

Edited by LBTN™ Version2

So on Tuesday my Geography lecturer told the class he was a part time referee, so I search for him in FM and lo and behold there he is. Looks good for a 46 year old too.

Quick update on my Gers game seeing as I'm here, just about to face CSKA Sofia to qualify for the Champion's League Group Stages. Brought in Chris Kirkland, Peter Crouch, Ricardo Vaz Te, Leon Osman, Glen Johnson and Sean Davis on loan for the season to keep my costs low. Celtic are 10th, having lost 2 of 4 games, winning 1 and drawing 1 with a -3 goal difference. Fantastic (Y)

Yeah. A lot of youngsters are always overrated. I just don't buy people I know will be really good (Kasper for one) because I know it'll give me a super team in a few years, and I like to earn my way up. Unfortunately I'm the only one here who like to do that, as you may know.

Sure Tommy, yer the only one.