Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Okay, just came into possession of the game and have a few newbish questions relating to setup...

Regarding active nations and leagues, I assume that anything active will be *potentially* controllable by me, where anything inactive will only run in the background? How do these settings effect loading times? (And in general, how are loading times?)

Can you run a nation and a club?

Do new leagues form over time in places like Canada?

If running a nation, can you select the players for every national team? And on that note, are there U-18, U-17 etc. competitions and teams? Will some players refuse to play for their nation?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I called it a day after 2 years at Rangers. We finished 2nd in the league this year, winning both the CIS cup and the Scottish Tennent's Cup. I previously won the league last year, and had did all I could do. I didn't want my game going stale, so I hopped on the plane and accepted the Real Sociedad job. They gave me a £15M transfer budget. Brought in Defoe for nearly £11m, and signed Michael Carrick from Rangers for £5m. We have a pretty ok squad, it'll do me for this season, but it'll need worked on. We just won our opening game of the season, beating last years La Liga Winners - Zaragoza 2-1. All in all, a good start.

Well, after losing in the playoff final with Vauxhall Motors in my first season, I went another half-season and after four straight losses they went to 9th, but after getting back to my winning ways, I have now accepted the Stockport job. They were 23rd in League Two when I took over, beat Leyton Orient 2-0 to go to 21st. Signed Richard Garcia (who's diamond up front with Dean Sturridge in any game I've paired them up in), and here's hoping for success :)

Ahhh I need help again. After reading the ingame tutorial it said that I cold place job averts and who ever responded I could buy without having to compensate their current club, well I found someone I want through the job avert, but when I go to offer him a contract it says that I have to compensate the other club he is currently working for. I am confused.

I called it a day after 2 years at Rangers. We finished 2nd in the league this year, winning both the CIS cup and the Scottish Tennent's Cup. I previously won the league last year, and had did all I could do. I didn't want my game going stale, so I hopped on the plane and accepted the Real Sociedad job. They gave me a £15M transfer budget. Brought in Defoe for nearly £11m, and signed Michael Carrick from Rangers for £5m. We have a pretty ok squad, it'll do me for this season, but it'll need worked on. We just won our opening game of the season, beating last years La Liga Winners - Zaragoza 2-1. All in all, a good start.

2nd place for Rangers is failure. 3rd place is unacceptable. Anything less is blasphemous. <_<

And Hugar, just pay the compensation. It's usually not very much if the staff member would actually want to leave. Good staff tend to stay at the club they're at. It's annoying.

Ok, I just got the game, and I need to know, how exactly do I get the kits that I downloaded to show up in the game. Because I downloaded them and put them in the right place, but when I go to look at my kits, it's still the default ones.

In the third season of my Tottenham game and the team is in awesome form. After a fairly mediocre season last year (8th), I'm currently coming 2nd with 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. Also came up with two huge wins: 4-0 over Man Utd and 4-0 over league leaders Arsenal.

Defoe premier division stats over the years:

2005/2006- 36 games, 29 goals, 8 assists, 8 MOM's, average rating of 7.39

2006/2007- 35 games, 27 goals, 9 assists, 3 MOM's, average rating of 7.31

2007/2008- 10 games, 8 goals, 3 assists, 2 MOM's, average rating of 7.70

Ok, I just got the game, and I need to know, how exactly do I get the kits that I downloaded to show up in the game. Because I downloaded them and put them in the right place, but when I go to look at my kits, it's still the default ones.

Methinks you have to uncheck (or is it check?) the "Skin Cache" option in 'Preferences'.

I just played an awesome match.

After Everton dumped me out of the League Cup earlier in the season, I got drawn against them in the FA Cup, at Goodison. I'm still first in the Championship, and they're sitting 6th in the Premiership.

I was 2-0 down after 25 minutes, but Jeffers replied instantly, scoring in the 26th minute, and it stayed that way until half time. In the second half, nothing happened until the 70th minute when I brought on Solskjaer and changed my tactics. In the 73rd minute, Theo Walcott equalised. In the 76th minute, substitute Solskjaer scored and put me 3-2 up. The lead was short lived with Everton equalised in the 79th minute, and we were back on level terms at 3-3. I decided to use more attacking tactics, and it paid off in the 84th minute when Jeffers put me back in the lead. In injury time, Everrton got a corner and the goalie came up to join the attack. The ball was cleared, and was collected by Super Kevin Phillips, who shot, and scored, from 65 yards, well inside my half (think Alonso vs Luton Town).

So Phillips keeps his run going of scoring in every game since he's joined the club, for £60,000. I love him.

Guest Koupa Troopa

HELLO FELLOW FM EWBERS.

I'm attempting to compile and online FM game for the summer, which would take part in the Coca-Cola Championship. So far it's just Zaz and I as Leeds and Hull. So yeah. More people would be needed. MSN me bitches.