Champions League Thread

AJ

Brilliant result for Liverpool, once I saw the team selection I thought we'd be lucky to get a draw - but we outplayed them in the first half. Second half was a bit hairy, but we deserved the win.

Sissoko still looks fucking excellent, and to think he's only 19 is unbelievable.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the team Rafa put out to start. Hardly worthy of the Champion's League, but still they pulled through.

Pissed that Milan conceded, so I lost points for Nesta and Dida. The two I thought were least likely to lose points. Got my 3 strikers to play tomorrow.

That was the beating of a lifetime to Madrid. I think it'll wake them up though and they'll fire back and win every single game left in the group, or so I hope :P

Anyone see the Kaka second goal? Best so far and I'd probably say it'll be one of the best throughout the whole thing. Brilliant run.

Vieira to score tonight, or so I hope :)

yay for guessing one result right.

since this seems to be now a thread about all talks champions league here are my views on yesterday's games.

PSV 1-0 Schalke - evenly matched game, a draw would be more appropriate and in case someone had to win, it should have been Schalke.

Milan 3-1 Fenerbahce - Milan were deserving winners but a one-goal difference would be more appropriate (not that it would matter too much in the end).

Olympiacos 1-3 Rosenborg - If the result had been the other way around i wouldn't be surprised. Olympiacos had enough chances to trounce Rosenborg for 3 or 4 goals, but missed them all. Excellent goalkeeping performance by Johnsen. I didn't like this result as i'll never like a team that pretty much only sits back and watches the other team play. If Olympiacos had a mediocre defense they wouldn't lose. Unfortunately for them, their defense was even worse than that.

Lyon 3-0 Real Madrid - For as much as the result may say otherwise, Madri were the better team during most of the game. The usual troubles in the center of defense and in the anchor back position dictated a heavy loss to an effective team.

To be honest though, i already expected Lyon to win so I wasn't that surprised.

Artmedia 0-1 Inter - Nothing unexpected in this game except for the fact that Adriano was oddly uninspired missing easy goals after easy goals. The result could have been heavier.

Rangers 3-2 Porto - Deserving winners lacked in Matchday 1 so far, and this was no exception. If Porto had won with a 3-1 result or similar it would have been closer to the reality that was the game.

Rangers 3-2 Porto - Deserving winners lacked in Matchday 1 so far, and this was no exception. If Porto had won with a 3-1 result or similar it would have been closer to the reality that was the game.

What the fuck were you watching? The game was pretty much even, but Rangers scored more. If I were a Porto fan I'd have no complaints about the score, their team played crap and only scored from set-pieces.

If Rangers played like Porto did last night, I'd be shitting on them right now. But they didn't, and stuck in and got the deserved win.

Anyone who can catch the Juve/Brugge highlights DO SO.

The Brugge keeper in the first half has made about five or six world class saves, some of the best goalkeeping I've ever seen. We SHOULD be up by about three or four but not only has our finishing been quite bad so far but the keeper has been outstanding.

Second half to come though, I expect three points from this game so I'll be pissed if we still cant score come the second half.

Fuck me that was a scary performance. 2-1 final result for Juve but I cant say it was all that good of one.

Abiatti can fuck off back to Milan, he's the biggest pile of shit to ever grace a goal. I'd rather have Roy Carrol. All he ever does is fuck up on corners and thanks to him we've conceded a goal, one which Buffon wouldn't have ever allowed to go in.

The Nedved goal was sweet as heck and he was probably our best of the night. How is that official one of the best in Spain? He's quite shit. Why the fuck Vieira was sent off I really don't know, too nothing tackles and that's a piss take that we have to lose him like that. Zlatan is fabulous on the boal, good god he needs to improve in a few places though, shooting wise certainly, although he's getting there :)