Champions League Thread

AJ

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game last night and im English and was supporting Barca mainly because i dont like seeing Chelsea win things as they have basically bought the league already , Although i think Jose Mourinho is one of the better characters in the premiership in recent years i cant stand the way you look at their side and see £30m price tags on players when Chelsea havent earned the money through revenue or success but because of Mr Abramovic's money . I wont support Arsenal in the Champs League either because of different reasons .

IMO the Del Horno sending off was understandable because from where the ref was standing he must have only saw Del Horno go in high on Leo Messi and the aftermath of him rolling around in "agony" but Barca could have had 2 penalties as well so its evened out (Geremi Handball and when Terry flatened Messi)

Yep, then Liverpool failed to qualify properly.

There is more of a lottery with knockouts, I like how it is all worked out because it keeps a surprise team in, either way I don't see anyone from England not name Chelsea winning the Champions League this season, or for a couple more.

Although I'd mark for a Spurs final with a 90th minuter Jermaine Defoe winner.

Well, I like Messi. He had a great game and all that, but it was ridiculous. Fair enough jumping up ready for it, he knew he was gonna get clattered, that wasn't bad. The little look to see the referee and everyone racing over, then the rolling around it was ridiculous. Del Horno did his fairshare of rolling, though.

How it was a red card I'll never know.

Some humorous after match stuff too.

Mourinho spitting the dummy and showing he still has a stick up his arse about Essien's suspension, Arjen Robben complaining about Messi's actions, Jamie Redknapp deciding that John Terry's flattening of Messi (which was really funny) shouldn't have been a penalty because Terry loves defending.

Stuff like this is what football is all about, it gets people talking.

Oh, and if the Del Horno and Messi incident had happened in my Sunday League they would have been lucky to have got off the pitch alive. First, for both pussying out of tackling properly and, second, for rolling around like a couple of pansies.

Well, I like Messi. He had a great game and all that, but it was ridiculous. Fair enough jumping up ready for it, he knew he was gonna get clattered, that wasn't bad. The little look to see the referee and everyone racing over, then the rolling around it was ridiculous. Del Horno did his fairshare of rolling, though.

How it was a red card I'll never know.