Champions League Thread

AJ

Not every manager does it. When it's a blatant foul of holding the keeper back, you don't sit and deny it totally and act all cocky like Jose. Yet this time around, it's a reversed decision and suddenly everything is wrong. All Jose does is moan. Yes, he's a great manager, but I detest the side of him which is cocky and constant whining.

His little interview about how he should send his B Team to Barcelona was downright pathetic too. He's basically saying that Chelsea will be skanked again, so there's no point in pushing out their full team in the next leg. He moans way too much when things don't go his way.

And yes, they are THAT good. However, they're not the best like they seem to believe.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every manager does it. When it's a blatant foul of holding the keeper back, you don't sit and deny it totally and act all cocky like Jose. Yet this time around, it's a reversed decision and suddenly everything is wrong. All Jose does is moan. Yes, he's a great manager, but I detest the side of him which is cocky and constant whining.

His little interview about how he should send his B Team to Barcelona was downright pathetic too. He's basically saying that Chelsea will be skanked again, so there's no point in pushing out their full team in the next leg. He moans way too much when things don't go his way.

And yes, they are THAT good. However, they're not the best like they seem to believe.

Dude, you root for Juve. Have you ever heard Capello's post match interviews?

"Oh, and at the 22nd minute, [insert player] dived". He literally gives a minute by minute run down of who dived in the opposition.

"Ibrahimovich never dives or whines". Hahahahahaha. That was a gem.

"The Milan players tackled my players, that's why we lost".

And there's countless stuff like that. The Italian press hasn't just called Capello "Don Quixote" for nothing. The guy is the prime example of a shit stirring tool.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Guest muddatrucker

I liked Del Horno grabbing his neck, then deciding he should grab his knee, he did go in high with studs, so whilst we can all moan (I won't since I don't care) the referee had a right to do it.

He didn't go for the ball, whilst he wasn't the last man, it was still an attacking situation close to the goal and he wiped him out, you could of given him a yellow for the 'tackle' or you could be brave and give a red, the referee was brave.

Chelsea need a conspiracy theory to fall back on if they don't win though.

Diving does more harm for football than punching. Someone has to defend Duncan :P .

Anyway, it actually does. Diving gets penalties, which gets goals, which wins games. Robbie Savage giving a little headbutt to some pussy does not win a game.

It's a fair point.

Edited by Thomas

To be fair to the referee, I think the foul looked worse initially than seen in the TV replays.

Some of Jose's substitutions during that match were puzzling though. I don't think he should have brought on SWP. Maniche would have been stablising in the midfield when we were a man down.

Anyhoo, I'm hopeful that we can beat Barca and progress to the quarter-finals. The chance is slim, but if anyone can do it, it's us.

Edited by G-O-D

• 2 weeks later...

This referee for the Rangers/Villarreal game is shit. But he could be shitter.

And it ends with Rangers leading at half-time. Still, even a 1-1 draw would knock us out. -_-

And thank fuck Diego Forlan is a heaping great pile of shit.

Edited by The Kraig

Agreed about the ref, some strange yellow cards given out. And Forlan should have sunk that chance he had after Rangers fucked up the free kick at the other end. Not a Rangers fan as such, but good to see them doing well, I hope they get through so McLeish can leave on a relatively high note.

Buffel got a yellow for unfairly jumping with someone, fair enough.

But the ref deemed a blatant dive, as a dive (well done referee, sir) by some Villarreal player, and gave no card, despite the guy wanting a penalty, and probably a red card for whoever it was who tackled him. If a guy is diving, why isn't there a card?

And there was the scissor kick on Buffel as well, no card shown. There wasn't even a fucking ball there, it was long gone. Being in Scotland for a while, I admit they should be used to shitty tackles, but come on ref, yellow for him at least. (0_o)

Fuck off.

On the bright side, we're going to be forced to score again, which means we shouldn't lose on away goals at least. Come on Rangers.

Wow, that goalkeeper needs a fucking kick up the arse.

And that hacking bastard. They're kind of asking for trouble when they start throwing in awful tackles at us.

Edited by The Kraig