Going to buy another console...

trdavisca

I currently have a ps2 and I am going to buy smackdown vs raw 2006, but i have quite a bit of extra cash and I want to get another system but I'm not really sure which to get...this is bit of short notice as I will be getting one of them in about 14-15hours. What would really influence me to get a certain system is the type of games available for each, my favorites are rpg and I know Xbox has Fable, and Gamecube has Fire Emblem and not sure what else, can you give me opinions on the rpg games for both systems and also which wwe would you recommend DoR2 or WM:21? And I also like simulation type games which I don't know if either system has a great simulation game. I enjoy Harvest Moon as well so if any Harvest Moon game is available for either system it would be great. I am sticking with my PS2 for sports games however so that won't matter and I am not into shooting or racing genres so Halo wouldn't influence me to buy the Xbox, but anyway can anybody help me here? I am really confused about which one to get.

Sorry lol I was in too much of a hurry to realize what forum i was putting it in, well I am still am going to buy a PS3 but I just want something extra for now and seeing as the gamecube is only $70 brand new it ain't that bad and well I'm am going to buy it 2nd hand anyway at a pawn shop...so either Xbox or Gamecube would add a little something different to my gaming until the ps3 arrives and well I still won't be getting it as soon as it comes out going to wait for the bugs to be worked out, so having something to play around with besides the ps2 would be awesome.

Sorry lol I was in too much of a hurry to realize what forum i was putting it in, well I am still am going to buy a PS3 but I just want something extra for now and seeing as the gamecube is only $70 brand new it ain't that bad and well I'm am going to buy it 2nd hand anyway at a pawn shop...so either Xbox or Gamecube would add a little something different to my gaming until the ps3 arrives and well I still won't be getting it as soon as it comes out going to wait for the bugs to be worked out, so having something to play around with besides the ps2 would be awesome.

You're on a forum, you're not in a hurry ;)

Edited by Benjirino~!

Buy the Xbox if you're a testosterone fueled REAL man, and the gamecube if you're a little girl.

Which are you?

By choosing a console with better range, more original games and far more fun it makes people a little girl? Seriously, you're a bigger fool than I had you pegged for. Pretty much every decent X-Box game has been ported to another console, it's not worth it if he has a PC and PS2 to get an X-Box.

XBox is better than the PS2, which is in turn better than the GC. Sorry, it's true. More original games on the GC? Sorry, I'm bored of kiddies games.

Why waste money on a console that has the same games as another two that are out, which are generally cheaper and do have more games. If you have more money than common sense and logic, then buy an X-Box.

If you're 12 years old, buy a GC.

If I want to play Mario, I'll get a SNES.

I never said he should buy an Xbox, it's a stupid time to. I agree with waiting for the next gens, but, if he wants one of what's out there, I'd say Xbox.

I'm of the opinion that X-Box is a superior console to the GameCube (not the PS2, but that's another argument for another day), but, at the end of the day, even if the games are kiddy (which some are, some aren't) you would still increase your selection of games far more significantly than if you bought an X-Box.

Like you say though, if he has money he should wait for a nex-gen console.

It depends. The PS2 is more of a shut-yourself-in-a-room-and-play console, whereas the X-Box and GCN are more multiplayer orientated. On one hand, the X-Box has online, and great support, but its gonna be redundant in a few weeks anyway.

As for the GCN, the only reason I can think of buying it now is cause of Zelda.

Guest *Doink*

Buy the Xbox if you're a testosterone fueled REAL man, and the gamecube if you're a little girl.

Which are you?

By choosing a console with better range, more original games and far more fun it makes people a little girl? Seriously, you're a bigger fool than I had you pegged for. Pretty much every decent X-Box game has been ported to another console, it's not worth it if he has a PC and PS2 to get an X-Box.

Which are you?

I own all 3 current generation consoles, and am of the opinion that the GC is by far the worst unless you're a little girl.

Also, my post wasn't meant to be taken entirely seriously, so stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Or perhaps if you like that kind of game? Stop going around being a fucking troll and I won't get my girlish panties in a twist.

Also, my post wasn't meant to be taken entirely seriously, so stop getting your panties in a bunch.

I was going to mention that, but apparently I'm 'following Benji around' now.

Anway, I've had my Gamecube for about a year now, and the only remotely kiddie game I've played is Pokemon Colloseum. All five GC games that I actually own are at least 18+, only one is 15+. I've never played XBox, but Gamecube is far from being a kiddies console. It's just a stupid stigma that it's been stuck with.

In any case, I'd go with waiting for the next gen consoles, as everyone else says. I'd tell you how silly it is to buy the XBox when the 360 is literally right around the corner, but my older brother is doing the exact same thing >_>