What gaming websites do you visit?

Benji

I don't mean webcomics, I mean actual gaming news sites. I personally peruse IGN from time to time but mostly check Gamespot for my news.

I also used to buy the Official Playstation magazine but I stopped ages ago, same with the Official Nintendo magazine, although I still buy that on occasion. When I get money again I'll probably start buying a crap load like I used to, I once spent £30 on gaming magazines one month :wub:

I'm a member of IGN's Founders Club, can't remember how much it cost me and can't be bothered to cancel it.

I use Gamespot mainly and used to be a complete member, but haven't renewed my account, might do though once I get my 360 depending on what they do.

I used to buy Gamesmaster every month, but I haven't bought a computer magazine in at least 2 years apart from the odd Xbox magazine or PS2 magazine if they had a good demo on it.

The magazines etc. that I subsribe to now are the Wrestling Observer, Empire, FHM, Arena and Maxim which have nothing to do with gaming.

Edited by LBTN™ Version2

I visit IGN for most of my game information etc. I don't normally buy a lot of magazines, but I do buy the occasional issue of The official X-Box magazine, and I used to buy Gamesmaster a LOT when I was younger.

I visit 1Up.com regularly

I have a free 1 year subscription to EGM and I usually get the Official Playstation magazine each month from walmart.

I also randomly check out egm and gamefaqs

I frequent IGN.com and Gamespot.com. I've also been subcribed to Gamepro since the early-mid 90's and still am. I was subscribed to GameInformer Magazine (ever since I got a year free due to someone subscribing under my address mistakingly), but recently stopped my subscription.

I use IGN for just looking at stuff. I find it easier to traverse it and what not, plus I like the style of writing a bit. For reviews of games I intend to buy or at least play I usually will read an IGN review then read a Gamespot review. Compare the two and come up with my decision. I ignore the numbers they rate shit, and instead go by what's said (afterally Gamespot gave The Punisher 6.6 I think and I loved the game). IGN is usually praiseworthy and does make good points, while Gamespot tends to point out the negative (even in good games) which is also a good thing.

I also regularly visit Gamefaqs. Mostly to go to the Comic book and Graphic novel board, which is thankfully empty of the idiots that are everywhere else there. I tend not to be bothered with their reviews, but for firsthand info I check message boards to see what people are saying about a game. Also helps me make a judgment call on if the money's worth spending. Also some help on a tricky part of a game (ie. something I can't be bothered to figure out in 5-10 minutes) is good.

As for actual magazines... My mother got me a subscription to Nintendo Power way back when they had their offer for a free Dragon Warrior with it. I kept that going for years, it was always great to have a monthly gaming dose. I think I told my father to let it just run out shortly around the time the Nintendo 64 came out (last one I got had a Shadows of the Empire comic in it). It just got shit and I didn't care for most of the games they covered or anything to do with it. About a year later I got into EGM and bought that every month for a year until my father got me a year subscription. He renewed it the next year, but I had him cancel it (again it wasn't interesting me enough) and something screwed up and I got two years free somehow. Been using the Internet since. I also used to occasionally pick up a random Gamepro once or twice a year, and maybe another random magazine I can't remember the names of.

gamefaqs.com -- I get some decent information sometimes, but I mainly visit for a good laugh. I like how there's little 14 year olds on there saying they've played XBOX360 games that my company hasn't even got beta builds of yet.

Xbox.com -- A little more solid then gamefaqs, but just as much stupidity.

Guest *Doink*

I subscribe to the official PS2, and that's really all.

I vist Gamespot occasionally, but don't really like how it's all geared towards the US. As an extension of this thread, can I ask if anybody knows any good game sites that are UK based?