Sweet Jesus! We did it!

Chris the Human

Guest Anti-Hero

And similarly, commiserations for your impending loss at the group stages.

Man, I hope we draw the Poms in the group stages. We can take you to school once more. :lol:

Yeah, you sure showed us in that pointless, meaningless friendly you bastards. :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But no-one cares about that.

Tell that to the thousands of Poms who keep showing up to watch their team lose. ;)

That said, I do hope England get up in this year's tri-series. It would make next year's all the more interesting.

For the person who asked how Kewell played, he was probably our best. Came on in the twentieth or so after Popovic got carded and was the creator of most of our opportunities. Took the guy marking him to school on more than one occasion.

Guest muddatrucker

Rugby League does try to parade itself as something international and glamourous though, it just looks pathetic, cheersleaders, flashy cheesy graphics, fireworks, its shit.

None of the team names make sense either, its all just cheesy shit.

Rugby League does try to parade itself as something international and glamourous though, it just looks pathetic, cheersleaders, flashy cheesy graphics, fireworks, its shit.

Guest muddatrucker

I have no idea what you're talking about. There's cheerleaders, but they're also used in AFL and basketball. Fireworks? That sounds more AFL than anything. And I have no idea what teams wouldn't make sense. Are you sure you're talking about the right thing?

Unless you're referring to the ESL, of course, which isn't really a good representation of the game. They do try a little hard.

When Harry Kewell is your best player, that's when you know your team's shite. Again, commiserations.

When Harry Kewell is your best player, that's when you know your team's shite. Again, commiserations.

You fool. I didn't say he is our best player, I said he played the best on the night.

He played VERY well that night.

People underrate Australian soccer, especially FIFA. COMON... 57!!! Thats just BS!

We need to somehow weed Christian Vieri from Italy <_<... He does have Australian citizenship.

I am happy Australia got into the World Cup, I loved the game. Went nuts when they won. Now two teams in the Cup, Australia and Italy :D

e played VERY well that night.

People underrate Australian soccer, especially FIFA. COMON... 57!!! Thats just BS!

Edited by chriswalkerbush....walkerbush

Guest muddatrucker

Recent? the win over England is nearly 3 years ago, plus the England team you beat weren't nearly full strength and just about every player was subbed at half time. Its not hard to forget something that happened so long ago.

The English superleague is just cheesed up, everything from the team names (wildcats, giants, rhinos, broncos) its all NFLesque, add to that the fireworks, the cheerleaders and the way the interface is on the sports channels and it looks just like an NFL match or something out of American Gladiators.

EDIT: The laughter at Iran shows that theres a great deal of ignorance on your part, Iran are actually high in the rankings in Asia, they usually do well in the Asia cup (their equivalent to Euro, African Nations or Copa Americas) and have won it a few times too.

EDIT2: Infact didn't the last meeting with Iran end 1-1?

The laughter at Iran shows that theres a great deal of ignorance on your part, Iran are actually high in the rankings in Asia, they usually do well in the Asia cup (their equivalent to Euro, African Nations or Copa Americas) and have won it a few times too.

Guest muddatrucker

But still, that was 3 years ago and an experimental friendly, hardly recent at all, if that was one of your major achievements that shows just what a sorry state of affairs that is.

EDIT: You laugh, because you're more than capable of beating them? but they've beaten you, they've achieved more than you and thus they are rated higher. Its simple really.

But still, that was 3 years ago and an experimental friendly, hardly recent at all, if that was one of your major achievements that shows just what a sorry state of affairs that is.

Now, you may have some OK results in that there list, but when was the last time Australia progressed past the group stages of a World Cup? I rest my case.

Guest muddatrucker

What am I suppose to be looking at? I'm not sure I understand. You've listed 7 games, 3 of which you've won, 3 of which you've lost and 1 which you drew, I don't understand.

You also listed England as a recent friendly, which was 3 years ago. You laughed at Iran, a team that have won the Asian Cup on 3 occasions, a team thats ranked 2nd in Asian rankings a team that have beaten you, thats why they're ranked higher, because stats say they're a better team than you.

This is the first time you've qualified in 32 years, theres a reason for that, because the teams above you have proved that they're better than you through FIFAs ranking system.

I still don't understand the point you're making.

EDIT: Mickey Mouse 6th division? you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.