Scrubs

Benji

I dunno, JD and Elliott to me seemed two people with wonderful chemistry that always seemed to hook up at the worst of times. Now there's gonna have to be some sharp writing to get past the fact that JD is once again pining after an engaged Elliott, but I think if the circumstances were appropriately created it could work without being inconsistent and desperate. As for JD/Kim, I just have a hard time believing that Elizabeth Banks is going to commit to an entire season of a TV show when she's arguably more in demand than she's ever been.

But JD and Elliot were AWFUL together. That was always the point. They weren't your average TV 'coupl'e, in that you want to see them together, as you know it's bad for both of them.

But they're not the same people. You grow up, you change, you realize that you connected with that person. You might not be ready for the most powerful relationship of your life when you're 26, but when you're 30, you might be. That's the problem with TV characters, they never evolve. That's what I love so much about Scrubs. Listen to JD talk in Season 1 and then listen to him talk now, he's a more mature person who has learned about life throughout the course of the show.

I like Keith but he is just a minor character. They could easily write him off by saying he got a job somewhere else and then re-focus Scrubs on the future of the show, Snoop Dog Resident.

Good news! This patient's gonna live!

I've just heard from reliable inside sources that Scrubs has been picked for 18 episodes for next season by NBC.

Word is, the show will stay on Thursday nights. No word yet on whether it will return in the fall or midseason.

I'll let you know more as I find out.

Source: E! Online

There you have it. Your final season of Scrubs.

Yeah everyone is picking up on the Scrubs for one more 18 episode season now. So good news.

I think I might be the only one who actually really likes Kim and wants her and JD to wind up together. While I realize the show has always sorta been about the the relationship of JD and Elliot, as much as any of the other relationships of course, I hope to be able to say at season's end that that ship has sailed. Of course I fully expect that the season ending cliffhanger will involve JD being with one of them, and the show not revealing which one until season 7.

Edited by Stone Cold TGC

I'm not getting my hopes up yet. From the New York Times:

NBC Orders Five Dramas for Next Season

By BILL CARTER

Published: May 11, 2007

NBC took the first steps toward rebuilding its prime-time schedule yesterday by ordering five new hours of drama programs, which will be part of the fall schedule the network plans to announce to advertisers on Monday.

NBC may not complete its schedule until late this weekend, but executives in charge of the series that have won places on the schedule were notified yesterday.

The network has not yet made decisions on two long-running hits — “Law & Order” and its spinoff, “Criminal Intent” — but it has decided on some other series that had been considered in danger of cancellation. “Friday Night Lights,” which was among the best-reviewed shows of this season, though not a ratings success, will be renewed. So will the drama “Vegas,” which is adding Tom Selleck to its cast.

But NBC will cancel the dramas “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip,” “The Black Donnellys” and “Crossing Jordan.” It also is likely to pass up another year of the comedy “Scrubs,” which has become prohibitively expensive.

NBC will fill many of the holes with the new dramas. The network has yet to order any new comedies, though it probably will add one of three potential entries by Monday.

The drama that is certain to get the most instant recognition is “Bionic Woman,” a 21st-century remake of the 1970s series. This one stars Michelle Ryan as an accident victim remade with bionic parts who is embroiled in a secret government project, which also includes a previous bionic prototype, played by Katee Sackhoff. The series was once thought to be in trouble, but the pilot is now getting some of the strongest favorable reviews inside NBC.

NBC will have another science-fiction-based series in “Journeyman,” which stars Kevin McKidd (of “Rome”) as a happily married journalist in San Francisco who begins to travel back in time for reasons he cannot understand.

A third series with sci-fi elements is “Chuck,” in which a young computer whiz, played by Zachary Levi, becomes a reluctant government agent after information from a supercomputer is downloaded into his brain.

A new police drama called “Life” will star Damian Lewis, who had a lead role in HBO’s “Band of Brothers,” as a former police detective who returns to his old job after winning a huge cash settlement for a wrongful conviction for murder that sent him to prison for 12 years. Adam Arkin, once of “Chicago Hope,” and Robin Weigert of “Deadwood” are also in the cast.

The final new drama is “Lipstick Jungle,” based on the book by Candace Bushnell, whose previous book turned into the HBO hit “Sex and the City.” This show will cover similar territory, covering the lives of a group of successful professional women in New York. It stars Brooke Shields, Lindsay Price and Kim Raver, who most recently starred as Jack Bauer’s girlfriend in “24.”

Among the shows already renewed for next season are the comedies “The Office,” “Earl” and “30 Rock,” and the dramas “E.R.,” “Heroes,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” “Medium” and the game show “Deal or No Deal.”

The final decision on the other “Law & Order” series may not be made until next week, an NBC executive said.

Edited by Zero

Guest G-Spot

Only good news is that heroes is picked up but i heard Kring has enough to go on for 5 seasons.

But i hope Scrubs gets picked up again. Like the member who said before its a new format which has probably opened up another niche in comedy

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7380

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- A seventh season of "Scrubs" and Candace Bushnell's "Lipstick Jungle" are the latest additions to NBC's 2007-08 season roster, various sources confirmed on Friday.

The newcomer, which stars Brooke Shields, Kim Raver and Lindsay Price, joins yesterday's pick-ups "Life," "Journeyman," "The Bionic Woman" and "Chuck."

Also nearing a pick-up: the Peacock's imported version of the British comedy "The I.T. Crowd." Joe Port and Joe Wiseman, two of the pilot's executive producers (the others being David Guarascio and Moses Port), inked an overall deal with producer NBC Universal Television this week. The pact covers their duties on the series should it move forward, a likely sign its sibling company is going with the comedy.

Yesterday "Journeyman" creator Kevin Falls signed a similar two-year, seven-figure deal with 20th Century Fox Television - the same day the Peacock ordered the project to series.

Finally as for "Scrubs," the veteran comedy is expected to enter its final season with a slightly shortened run of 18 episodes.

The NY Times article seems to be speculation, whereas the number of different trade websites have confirmed that the show has been renewed from various sources. Can we be 100% certain? No, but there's probably reason to get one's hopes up.