Scrubs

Benji

johnmcg6.jpg

Yes, that's right, discussion in the Donators forum lead me to make this thread, I realised how much people need to talk Scrubs. So in honour of Johnny C/Dr Cox, let me present you with one of my favourite put downs.

Elliot: Oh, Dr. Cox, does this lipstick make me look like a clown?

Dr. Cox: No, Barbie, no... it makes you look like a prostitute who caters exclusively *to* clowns.

Elliot: I'm sorry, that was my mistake, I keep forgetting that you're a horrible, horrible person.

Dr. Cox: Ooh, Backbone Barbie.

Yes, McGinley rules, can't wait for next season to begin :D

Dr. Cox: Okay, think of what little patience I have as, oh, I don't know, your virginity. You always thought it would be there, until that night Junior Year when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal Kevin, who just wanted to be friends, well, he dropped by and he brought a copy of About Last Night and a four-pack of Bartels & James and woo hoo hoo, it was gone forever - just like my patience is now.

Scrubs = The Best Show on Television.

And in some finally encouraging news, it returns Tuesday January 3rd at 9pm with 2 new episodes. I get the sinking feeling that this is the final season for the show, but with Joey getting more or less canned and Will & Grace (I think) ending this season, it might get kept around just to have some comedic backing on the network. For those of you who haven't already heard, as of January NBC goes back to a 2-hour comedy block with "My Name Is Earl", "The Office", "Will & Grace" and "Four Kings", which looks like another lame attempt at making Josh Cooke a star. Anyway this return is 4 months late by logic standards, but the move to an all-comedy Thursday is encouraging for fans. As for my favorite Scrubs one-ers:

[about Dr. Cox]

Dr. Kelso: And I'll be damned if he doesn't disagree with everything I say just because I said it.

J.D.: Sir, I don't think that's true.

[Kelso turns over]

Dr. Kelso: It's hotter than hell in here, Perry!

Dr. Cox: Freezing!

Dr. Kelso: Great coffee, though!

Dr. Cox: Rat piss!

Dr. Kelso: Dr. Murphy here is an incompetent suck-up!

Dr. Cox: No, Bob, in fact he's one of the finest young doctors I ever had the good fortune of working with.

Dr. Kelso: [to J.D] Your witness.

J.D. looks over at Doug, all smiles, who's dialing the phone on the desk.

J.D.: What are you doing?

Doug: [excited] I'm calling my dad!!!

Guest seattlebandfan9

I have yet to actually see this show on television, but after seeing Garden State, which yes, was a lame way to get into the show, but I bought the first season on DVD and loved it. The second season came out a while ago and I loved that. It seems to get better and better. But I refuse to watch any new episodes until I can see the other seasons in their enterity.

Also, I believe John C McGinley rocks and stands in the shadow of Zac Braff, which is shame. Although both of them are excellent, but John C is better.

Edited by seattlebandfan9

• 2 months later...

OK yeah this is dead but I just got season 1 & 2 on DVD so I thought I'd ad my two cents

Theres just too many good lines from Cox that make you laugh out loud but one of my favourites is him at the end of the first episode of season 2

Cox: Newbie where were you I paged and I know this is your pager because they found it next to a fresco and a dog earred copy of teen weekly whihc gave me a great idea. I have tomorrow off and I'm going to page you every 20 seconds and if you don't answer every single one of them then I'm going to come down here and shove this so far up your ass that everytime your paged it'll give you a tinkle. Good fun huh?

I watched season one religiously when it was shown on The Comedy Channel down here, but then it went to re-runs and I lost interest. About three weeks in they started running season two, but I was too far out of the loop by the time I noticed.

Where did you buy your DVDs, Ace?