American "Soccer" fans

9 to 5

I dont know about nobody caring about the World Cup cause I have cared about it atleast the last 2 cycles so there is atleast one person over here, and it really pretty much has a cult following over here right now so no major network is likely to air it. That said they will probaly put the results of the draw on ESPN after it happens.

We suck at world competition and always have, so we tend to not pay attention to it.

Is that why you made a World Series that only America could enter? :shifty:

Mwahahaha it's funny cos it's true! The World Series is the most arrogantly and incorrectly named tournament in the WORRRLD!

The World Series has nothing to do with arrogance. It used to be sponsored by a newspaper called The World. And thus was born, the World Series.

At least, thats my understanding of the situation, it could be wrong.

You're wrooooooooooong!

No, hang on a sec <_<

Nah, he's right. Its actually the World's Series. I can't believe you're contesting for the Coca Cola cup when none of the major Coke producing nations of the world are involved!!!!

Coca Cola cup? I know a Carling cup, but not a coke one. :shifty:

As an American footy fan, I'm interested to see who the USA gets put up against. I watched every USA game during the 2002 World Cup in Korea and Japan (meant quite a few sleepless nights :P), and I intend on doing the same for Germany 2006.

I think ESPN2 was a little too pre-occupied with some bullshit college soccer match.

Anyone care for Maryland vs. Southern Methodist?

I DO!!!!

I love Maryland soccer. My Spanish teacher last year played for them before they became one of the top schools in the nation.

As for the World Cup Draw. U.S. got burned, badly. Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic are all very, very good opponents.