NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

Who cares Biggzay? We don't have to hear the media fellating the Patriots every week and the genius of Tom Brady and Belicheck. Now hopefully Carolina and Pittsburgh win tomorrow and everything falls into place for a Panthers/Steelers Super Bowl.

Edited by ACCBiggz

That one play alone definitely cost the Pats 10 points. 3-0 NE, quickly became 10-3 Denver right there. The gameplan changed by necessity when they fell further behind, amd if you can't see that then you obviously don't watch enough football to make snide comments about how one play can't singlehandedly change the outcome of a game. Denver's offense WAS shit, as they scored almost all of their points off of turnovers and a 100+ yard INT return which should have been a touchback.

The call went the way the call went, theres no reason for anyone to bitch about it now.

But I'm a Broncos fan!

Brady threw 2 picks, and the Pats lost 3 fumbles, and missed a feild goal. They deserved to lose, and proved that Denver is the better team.

Lynch's pick was amazing!

When Pitt beats Indy tomorrow, and Da Bears win in a shootout, Denver Bears Super Bowl!

and naiwf, what now? Denver wins a playoff game, and advance to the AFC Championship game. New England is down and out, making the Broncos the only team with a Super Bowl win since 1986 (20 years) left in the playoffs. Show some respect!

Ok, i need to get something off my chest.

I'm sick and tired of people underrating the Broncos every year, even after they win back to back Super Bowls, and make the playoffs almost every year after that.

Red Devil-Taker316 says John Elway was over-rated, but name another quarterback who made it to 5 super bowls (3 in the 4 years before the Bills 4 year losing streak). and he went to 3 without Davis, Sharpe and McCaffery.

Name the 2 teams who have been in the most Super Bowls:

If you said Dallas and San Fransisco, close.

Dallas - 8 Super Bowls

San Fran: 5 Super Bowls

DENVER: 6 Super Bowls

I dont think Jake Plummer has what it takes to be a Super Bowl Champion, and I think Shanahan is washed up, but they both proved something this year, and they may just suprise you in the playoffs.

Name the Broncos Play makers this year for Plummer...the O-Line and Rod Smith...thats it...some say Anderson, some say Bell, but they'd be nothing without the line...same goes for Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis (proven in Washington).

The Broncos may have lost 4 of their 6 super bowls, but they still made it to more than 30 other teams (Dallas is the only exception)

Only 8 teams have ever won 2 super bowls in a row.

Before this years Colts, the Broncos were the last team to go 13-0 in a season.

Elway is the only QB in NFL History to play every snap in 5 Super Bowls

Denver is the most under-rated team in all of sports (excluding The Colorado Rockies and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays) Only one 'expert' ever gives Denver any credit. Is it Shannon Sharp or Tom Jackson (2 former Broncos)? NO! Its Chris Collensworth. Even during the 99 unbeaten streak, nobody thought Denver was anything special.

Now, I'm gonna stop here before I start to rant :-P

As a NE fan. I'm crushed. The cards didn't fall into place like they could. You know what it is? It was Bad Luck. No other way to point it out. Simply Bad Luck but you know it's going to be a bit better knowing that the team that beat us is going to get beat by the team we own.

I'm now scratching football of my favorites list unless Favre returns.

NHL on NBC (Y)

The call went the way the call went, theres no reason for anyone to bitch about it now.

But I'm a Broncos fan!

Brady threw 2 picks, and the Pats lost 3 fumbles, and missed a feild goal. They deserved to lose, and proved that Denver is the better team.

When Pitt beats Indy tomorrow, and Da Bears win in a shootout, Denver Bears Super Bowl!

and naiwf, what now? Denver wins a playoff game, and advance to the AFC Championship game. New England is down and out, making the Broncos the only team with a Super Bowl win since 1986 (20 years) left in the playoffs. Show some respect!

Edited by naiwf27

Oh, as for my comments on the game...If i were a Broncos fan I'd feel like a Redskins fan from last week. New England didn't exactly play like champs today, but they played better than Denver.

Some calls just don't go your way.

Denver has a 0% chance next week against Indy OR Pittsburgh is they play like this again. 280 total yards isn't going to cut it.

Mannings are overrated.

The talent surrounding Peyton is just ridiculous. With Edge running well, Marv/Stoke/Etc, It makes distributing the ball easy. You can not double team someone all the time or else he'll burn you.

Does this mean he is a bad QB, no. I'll take Peyton any day of the week, but his OLine gets over looked for the job they do protecting him. Steelers will need to use the clock and get pressure on Peyton. Denver is a good team, and have to be cheering for Pittsburgh to not go in the dome to play Peyton.

Chicago is going to lose to Carolina. Moreso because of the 14 INT's Grossman is going to throw. But, I made a bet with myself. If Grossman leads them to the NFC Championship game, and not the defense... I'll order his jersey.

But that drive started on the New England 40. They were in position to score and maybe not caling that PI was just delaying the inevitable.

But I'm a Broncos fan!

They narrowly won a home playoff game against a team which was banged up all season long. Should I throw them a parade? I guarantee you if the two borderline calls went against your team and you lost the game you wouldn't be using that "call went the way it went" bullshit. Your team won, and at the end of the day that's all that matters, but they didn't earn my respect with that performance. Carolina completely stomping the Giants, or Seattle winning with basically nothing from Alexander have been the only two games this season where a team showed serious playoff mettle. If Pissburgh wins tomorrow, barring Peyton's knee getting torn to pieces ala Palmer, that'll be # 3.

EDIT: Clawson, if the refs make the right call and tag Lelie with offensive PI, the ball moves back another 15 yards to the Denver 45. There's no guarantee they gets points off of that drive there. A 54 yard/7 point swing is a MAJOR turning point in any game, especially one that was a 3-0 defensive struggle at the time.

But I'm a Broncos fan!

They narrowly won a home playoff game against a team which was banged up all season long. Should I throw them a parade? I guarantee you if the two borderline calls went against your team and you lost the game you wouldn't be using that "call went the way it went" bullshit. Your team won, and at the end of the day that's all that matters, but they didn't earn my respect with that performance. Carolina completely stomping the Giants, or Seattle winning with basically nothing from Alexander have been the only two games this season where a team showed serious playoff mettle. If Pissburgh wins tomorrow, barring Peyton's knee getting torn to pieces ala Palmer, that'll be # 3.

EDIT: Clawson, if the refs make the right call and tag Lelie with offensive PI, the ball moves back another 15 yards to the Denver 45. There's no guarantee they gets points off of that drive there. A 54 yard/7 point swing is a MAJOR turning point in any game, especially one that was a 3-0 defensive struggle at the time.

Pittburgh/Denver would be over in under 2 hours and 15 minutes since neither team would pass until 3rd down. Three yards and a cloud of a dust and all that jazz. I don't like any of the AFC teams left and if Carolina somehow loses before they get to the Super Bowl I probably won't even watch the "big game" since neither Seattle nor Chicago are watchable especially if Alexander's still suffering concussion side effects. I think I'm more excited about the draft than any of the playoff games once Steelers/Colts is over and my team won't pick until about 5 hours in :shifty:

Matbar, your team didn't dominate the game. Citing the 5 caused turnovers is misleading because at the very least, the last pick, and the fumbled kick return would have never happened had it not been for those "judgment calls". The Brown fumble and the Bailey INT were definites, and I'll even give them the 3rd, but all of your offense came off of plays that should have never happened. Your bias is astounding. Before the Lelie play, I would bet money that every Broncos fan out there was sweating bullets wondering how you were going to tie the game at 3, considering that your offense was doing fuck all.