Supporting your local team.

Marcos

Atleast everyone but Slickman knows he's a right cunt, and a shit poster, and shit fan.. and well annoying, and is an immature cunt, and has some stupid opinions, and is perhaps more bias than anybody else in the Sports Bar family.

Oh, on topic.

Fuck off Slickman.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support all the local teams in the city(Cleveland Ohio) that I live in altough currently we are on a bit of a championship drought, no championship from any of the 3 major sports here (Basketball, baseball, football) in over 50 years. Needless to say to be fan here you have to be dedicated to the teams cause there isnt a whole lot of championships being won. Atleast one of the teams, basketball(Cavs) with Lebron James has a chance of doing pretty well this year along with the baseball team the Indians possibly being pretty good this year. Also even though they are not close at all to me the Primership team that I support/follow is Aston Villa. Obviuously they arent close to me at all but I just like the team.

I Love the Newcastle fans to be honest , They've got a real passion for their club . Newcastle arent a spectacular side at all and dont win much but they will usually fill up there 50,000 seater stadium

I'm their fan because I like the black and white stripes. Yes, I picked my favorite Premiership team based on what they wear. That and one of my best friends is a pretty hardcore Newcastle supporter. This movie also had a tad bit of an influence.

I support all of the teams that are Baltimore teams and I don't really follow the NBA or NHL anyway to have a favorite team, but I don't go out of my way to watch a Capitols or Wizards game. I hate the bandwagon fans. About 4 years ago there was this kid in my math class that like wore Miami football and Duke basketball jerseys all the time.

I'm from Bellshill, and we have a very small local team that I support if they actually do anything. It'd be awesome if they could get into the Scottish Third Division like Gretna did.

I support Rangers though, because the local teams (Motherwell, Hamilton Accies, etc) are all pretty much hated by people from Bellshill, especially Motherwell. So the nearest team after that is a Glasgow team, and I spend most of my days out there anyways, and since Rangers are mainly Scottish, not Irish, I support them. My dad never liked football, so never had a really local team to support. He supported Hamburg when he lived in Germany during his war placements.

And my mum's from England (Norwich), lived all over the world because her dad was in World War II, and ended up in London supporting West Ham in the 60's and 70's. But I support Newcastle in England, because she lived there for quite a while and all of her family live there now too.

Recently I've been secretly wanting Hamilton to do well, since I do to college there, and I can see the stadium from almost any window of the labs. But that's about it.

I don't understand how some people can support a team from every league in the world. Typical fan a few years ago supported Man United, Rangers, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Bayern Munich, etc. It was retarded.

The most annoying thing about supporting Rangers are all the annoying fans. They're almost all neds/chavs, and those who aren't are the rich bastards who get the nice seats. I tend to see them when I have some money and they're visiting Motherwell, since it's literally a 20 minute walk away.

I'm not a huge follower of football, but I wouldn't call myself a supporter of my local team. The closest team to me is most probably Gillingham, and although I like to see them win, and it's nice to see them do well, I don't support them. My family (on my Dad's side) have big connections with Crystal Palace (even though they're from Ireland), and a cousin of mine was actually a part time coach for Palace in the early 80's.

Palace are my team, always have been, always will be. Doesn't matter that I'm not local, doesn't make me any less of a fan.